All My Fault
1.2k 7 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Uuughhh...” (???)

Somewhere in a small apartment in the middle of Tokyo, a young man was groaning and moaning in his bed, seemingly annoyed that he had to wake up.

Despite him being alone on the bed, he left a massive space next to him where someone could sleep. It looked as if someone had already gotten up.

This man was a young teacher who basically just started his career.

This man was Tsuchiya Ren and he is a regular guy.

Beeeppp-beeeepppp! Beeeppp-beeepppp!

Suddenly, the sound of his alarm clock violated his ears and he rubbed his eyes while sitting up. His upper body was exposed and his abs in full view.

Even as a teacher, he finds the time to keep himself fit and after a long time of working out regularly, he gained some noticeable abs.

While yawning and stretching his legs, he grabs his alarm clock and checks the time with a drowsy expression. Immediately, his face contorts into one of fear.

“Hwwuuuuahhhhh~...ahh, oh damn! Damn it damn it!” (Ren)

The time was already 7:50 a.m. which meant he was 10 minutes away from being late to his job at the local private high school. Even if he rushed and didn’t shower, he’d still need to travel for at least 15 minutes.

Thunk!

He quickly stands up and runs out of the room to the dining table. On the way, he made sure to stop by the bathroom to check for his teacher’s uniform.

Usually, his wife would leave his work-wear in the bathroom, neatly folded and waiting for him to finish his shower. However, it was nowhere to be found.

It wasn’t in the closet, the bathtub or the sink. At this point, he was really panicking. If he missed a day of work, he might be punished.

“Shit shit, where where is it...” (Ren)

“Honey? Is something wrong?” (???)

“Ahh! Wifey, where’s my clothes?” (Ren)

With a frantic and slightly annoyed tone in his voice, he answers the beautiful woman behind him. She was his beloved wife and by god was she beautiful.

Her jet black hair reaching her lower back, big beady eyes, a button nose, perfect and pearly white teeth, a well-proportioned body and a small face was a deadly combination.

“Clothes? You don’t have work, silly” (Wife)

When his wife tilted her head to him and answered with a sultry voice, he was a bit confused now. He walks past her and checks the electric clock on the wall in the kitchen.

Sure enough, it wasn’t a school day. In fact, it wouldn’t be a school day for a while since yesterday was the start of summer. It was July 20th, the exact start of summer break for the kiddos.

Almost instantaneously, he felt a bit bad for being annoyed that his wife didn’t prepare any clothes for him. He scratches the back of his head laughs awkwardly while talking to her.

“Wha-...oh yeah, ahahahaha, sorry wifey for worrying you” (Ren)

“Humph! I’m sad now...” (Wife)

She crosses her arms and turns her head away with a pouting expression. Due to her tiny face, this made her look as cute as a pufferfish.

“Aiyaaa, don’t be like that~” (Ren)

Ren walks over to her and hugs her while patting the top of her head. Straight away, she turns as red as an apple and is struggling to articulate words.

“A-awawawawa.....” (Wife)

‘Hehe, she’s so cute’

However, he looks at her lower body and his mood is immediately dampened. It isn’t because of her, no, this was all his fault. Her ugly scars that tainted her long and sexual legs.

Seeing her husband look at her legs with a guilty and sad expression, she clicks her tongue and turns around to wheel herself away to the kitchen.

She’s already told him not to blame himself, but he still does. This was all her fault in her mind.

Yes, she was in a wheelchair. She wasn’t always disabled. This all happened 2 years ago while driving home from a meet-up with old classmates.

Tsuchiya Ren met his old friends from his time at a teaching school and his wife, Suzuki Chika, now known as Tsuchiya Chika, was meeting up with colleagues from her business school.

When they were going home, Ren was driving a car while Chika was on her phone. They weren’t talking, but it wasn’t because of a fight. They were just too drunk.

Despite his protests, Chika told Ren it was fine to just drive home. Sadly, it wasn’t. Since the meeting was in a secluded area, there were some underdeveloped roads and while driving fairly fast and swerving, another car came flying at them.

Ren was too inebriated to react and all he did was brace. Chika however was on her phone and it caught her by surprised. Their car tumbled down a mountain and settled at a tree.

They both survived, but Chika’s legs were crushed from the car’s engine. The other driver unfortunately passed away from her injuries, but Chika was still stuck.

With a lot of lube they had in the back for sexy times, they slipped her out and made their way to a nearby hospital that was only 20 minutes away after calling a cab and paying him to drive quickly.

Due to the crash site being so secluded, Ren got away with saying they were hit by a car and her legs were smushed. They were drunk, which helped their case of “they didn’t know where it happened”.

To their luck, the police decided it was a car accident, so they didn’t press further. However, the damage was done. Her legs were now useless and the only treatment that might work costs millions of yen per week.

The insurance company refused to cover it saying it was her fault, the unethical bastards.

The most they could do was some plastic surgery that maintained the shape of her legs and made it possible for them to decide to fix her properly using the required tech in the future. If they can afford it, of course.

They weren’t poor as they could afford 3 meals a day, but they could barely even do that. They were struggling and with Chika out of service at her job, everything got a lot harder.

“Tsk! I already told you didn’t I? This is all-“ (Chika)

“Your fault, I know...I just...” (Ren)

Seeing her husband stil stuck up on the past, she sighs and pats the space next to her on the sofa.

“Haaahhh...please, can we not mention this? Let’s just relax today, okay?” (Chika)

Usually, this would be the time for Ren to go side-job hunting, but at his wife’s insistence, he stayed home and just hugged his wife while watching TV.

For the entire day, they spent to together, basically glued together at his wife’s insistence. At the end of the day, they eventually had to return to the bedroom.

“Hey, wifey. We gotta sleep already, mmkay?” (Ren)

“Ngghhh...carry” (Chika)

While sticking her hands out and doing a grabbing motion, she was wanting to be carried back to the room instead of wheeled there.

With a wry smile, Ren carried her to the room and slept next to her, letting her use him as human body pillow.

“Hey Chika, you up?” (Ren)

“...” (Chika)

“...haahhhh” (Ren)

Once he felt it was late enough into the night for her to completely asleep, he snuck out of the room and opened his notepad reminding him of all his bills.

[ELECTRIC BILL: 5,000

WATER: 4,000

GAS: 3,000

RENT: 80,000]

“Damn it.....how in the hell do I do this?”

Contrary to all of the kids in school, he loathes summer. Without summer means that he doesn’t have a job. What savings does he have? He’s a teacher, they have none.

He’s paid a bit more than usual since he works at a private all-girls high school, but it’s still too few. Side-jobs that are manageable don’t even pay his rent, so why. So why should he try?

The first summers were okay since they had sufficient savings, but what about now? His wife can’t work, he can’t work and they are financially crippled.

He glances over at the knife holder by the kitchen and shakes his head immediately after.

‘Damn it, Ren! Not like this...but, what the hell. I can’t let her suffer more than she has anyways’

With a hopeless expression, he solemnly walks to the kitchen counter and takes a knife. With the knife in his hands, he walks slowly to his bedroom where he took Chika, his wife’s virginity for the first time.

At the time, the sheets were stained red. Now, it’ll be stained red for another reason.

With the tears falling on her stomach and his eyes closed, he states his final words to her.

“Hic! Hic!....I-I’m so-sorry Ch-C-Chika. I’m a useless man...” (Ren)

Bi-bing!

As he was about to slam the knife into her left breast, a notification pops up on his phone and he gets distracted.

Seeing this as a sign from whatever God is above, he runs out of the room and starts quietly sobbing so as to not wake her up. Just remembering her innocent expression as she slept, he can’t help but feel guilty for even thinking of such a thing.

“I-I-I...I was really about...sniff! Aghhh, why is life so hard. Shit. Now, sniff! who t-the hell is texting at this-sniff! time of night...” (Ren)

He struggles to turn on his phone due to his wet tears dropping on the scree, but eventually, he turns on his phone and checks the LINE messages.

With a confused and slightly anxious face, he reads the message in his mind.

[Yen_Maker_666: Do you want money fast? | SENT AT 12:32 A.M.]

A simple and short message. One that evokes curiosity along with resentment at the same time. This message has been around since the dawn of the internet and the Nigerian prince scams.

Do you want money fast? A deadly message that is about to lead Tsuchiya Ren down a deadlier path...

 

———

a.n | hello! I’m Hanadji and I hope you are interested in this story so far! Do support this new novel of mine by adding this to library, reviewing and commenting on this chapter! I appreciate it!

32