The First Job (1/2)
588 0 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With my face firmly planted on the ground and my body already feeling very sore and tired from the previous fight, I had no will to fight back.

Also, the man who narcissistically called himself “Big boss” would press down harder on my spine whenever I struggled or wiggled without warning.

It was truly embarrassing to be beaten this badly by someone basically 2.5 times my age. Even more so in front of Yuriko, my long lost friend.

If this were a regular occasion like shopping or out on dinner with Chika, I’m sure I’d be crying tears of emotions and hugging her harder than life. However, I’m a bit shocked.

Since Yuriko is here, does that mean she is associated with these brutes? That little, sweet and fragile Yuriko? I can’t imagine it at all.

Even as the man named Big boss was on my back, she refused to defend me. However, I guess she did tell him to be more gentle, but still.

“Arrghhh, what the hell...why do you want m-me to work at this stupid bar so badly, huh? Y-you got enough peop- ARGHHHHH!” (Ren)

As I was wriggling and trying to catch my breath to talk to Big boss, he pressed more and more weight on my spine until I yelled in agony. Once he heard that, he laid off the pressure once more.

“Oh calm down, just a little knee-jerk reaction from me. Don’t worry Tsuchiya-san, that massive amounts of money you need will come to you soon...as long as you cooperate” (Big boss)

“Why the hell...haahhh, would I...haaahhh, cooperate with the likes of you?” (Ren)

“Why? Well, you don’t really have much of choice anyways, right? I could make you more useless than that wife of yours you so dearly love” (Big boss)

My head nods in agreement as he started explaining the reason I should accept his proposal. It isn’t like I have a goddamned choice in this, right? My hand is forced in this situation.

If I disagree, I’ll probably be shipped to some oil tycoon. If I try and run, I might be knocked out and I’ll wake up without my organs in a tub.

HOWEVER! Agreeing with them might, just might, get me what I want. They might force me to work for them and in the end, they will probably not pay me, but hey, better than dying right?

Better than having my various organs stuck inside of some other strangers for this “Big boss” person’s profit.

“Then, I guess I’ll behave if I don’t have a choice...” (Ren)

“Good. I’ll lay off your back, but just know that trying something will guarantee something bad happens” (Big boss)

“Yeah, I got it” (Ren)

Slowly but surely, he lifts his knees from my back and after I felt the entire weight lifted, I slowly stood up with my arms I the air. Once I was up, I sat on the stool nearby.

“Waaaaahahahahaaaa~. Ren! Did he hurt you a lot? A-are you okay? Don’t be hurt pweaseeee” (Yanyan)

The little traitor with a double identity ran over to me and started squishing my face, rubbing my chest and feeling me up to make sure that I wasn’t hurt too much.

I didn’t feel comfortable with it, but I was a bit freaked out and frightened at all the things they could do to me if I disobeyed, so I allowed it.

For once, I wasn’t comfortable around Yuriko, or Yanyan or whatever I should call her now. She made me feel annoyed as a kid, but now, all I feel is...fear.

I feel fear and a bit of confusion about if this is really the girl I once knew.

Once she felt that I was okay to her standards, she let me go and hugged me tightly while nuzzling her tiny head into my chest.

The resemblance with her the younger her is uncanny. Her big beautiful eyes, little button nose, tiny face and small mouth is almost exactly the same as before.

“So...ahem, wh-what work will I be doing here? Like...cleaning? Washing dishes?” (Ren)

“Some garbage disposal, darling!” (Yanyan)

“Garbage disposal, huh?...alright, I-I think I can deal with that” (Ren)

The old man saw that I was finally more cooperative and let out a toothy grin that screamed scammer. The other girl, Erina, didn’t move at all.

“Then, that’s all well and dandy. Erina, Yanyan, get in the company car. Ummm, Tsuchiya-san? It might be more time efficient if you come with us, okay?” (Big boss)

“Oh? And where are we going? The airport? A shipping yard? Ahahaha...” (Ren)

“No no no! Don’t worry Renren! We won’t ever ship you to America and sell your organs! I’d never ever allow it, even if Big boss insisted” (Yanyan)

“That was oddly specific...but I guess to the company car we go” (Ren)

“Chaaa-hooooo! Yaaayyyy!” (Yanyan)

When I agreed to follow along with them so we could save time, Yanyan got even more excited. However, the Erina girl just started shaking a bit more.

“Erina? Are you okay?” (Yanyan)

“Y-y-yeah. I’m good, l-let’s finish up quickly” (Erina)

We left the underground bar and right behind a dumpster was a whited out work van with a custom license plate. The logo of the van was removed and it seemed like the wheels had their tyre brands removed as well.

Big boss was sitting in the driver seat, Yanyan was sitting beside him and Erina and I were in the back. The seats were all removed, so we leaned our back on the side of the van instead.

In the back was a variety of tools such as wrenches, screwdrivers, nail guns and some cases for the said tools. There was also some bleach, window cleaner and other cleaning materials.

In the corner where Erina was sitting was a stack of folded garbage bags, which I assumed was for me and my job. On her other side was some more cases that were closed.

The ride was bumpy and uncomfortable, with me only getting a minimal amount of rest in intervals of 3 or so minutes. Erina was weirdly staring at me the entire ride, but always looked away when we made eye contact.

‘I’m starting to feel a bit nervous with this Erina person...’

After about 10 minutes of driving around, the van comes to a stop and Erina quickly gathers all of the cleaning materials.

“I’m sorry about her. She is usually a bit more chatty...” (Big boss)

“Yeah, Erina-tan isn’t like that! She is normally a very outgoing and cute girl who isn’t as cute as me. It’s a shame how unfair God is, but that isn’t the point” (Yanyan)

Their smiles really don’t match their intentions and previous actions...

It seems like they are just joking around at this point. At one moment they are kneeling on my back and threatening me, and another they are joking with one another.

I followed Erina out the back of the van shortly after and took the bleach, window cleaning supplies and with instructions from Big boss, I also took 3 of the cases.

They were fairly big suitcases that could be used for vacation or travel. However, the inside looked like it was laminated with something so liquids won’t stain it.

The design of the suitcase seemed pretty smart and it probably costed a bit.

“Alright Renren! First of all, hide behind me because this client is a bit scary. Second of all, don’t talk and finally, come to me for comfort! Got it?” (Yanyan)

“Ummm I guess?” (Ren)

“Great! Now, let’s get this done!” (Yanyan)

Yanyan, Big boss and Erina all changed into brown work jumpers while wearing surgical masks on their face. Big boss handed me a pair and I quickly wore them over my clothes.

It seemed like we were doing some deep cleaning, but why so late in the night?

Soon, we reached the entrance to the house. That’s right. A house in Tokyo. Just the land would cost probably upwards of 500 million yen looking at the size.

The house itself was magnificent, with 5 meter high brick walls and metal fences guarding the premises.

However, it seemed that either the walls were just a gimmick or Big boss lives here, because he just entered the property with a simple push.

Maybe they forgot to lock?

“That looks convenient-“ (Ren)

“Second rule!” (Yanyan)

“...sorry” (Ren)

Big boss just rolled his eyes at Yanyana and I as she covered my mouth with her hand. I slowly took it off and seeing a wave of Big boss’ hand, we followed right behind him.

Just the walk to the entrance of the house seemed too long. If the owner of this house had an elderly person living here, it must be inconvenient for them.

“Now...ahem ahem!” (Big boss)

After some vocal massages and a bit of stretching, Big boss brings his knuckle to the doorbell in front of him.

Diiiiing-dooooong!

.....

.....

“.....hello? Who are you?” (???)

Finally. After an awkward minute of waiting, a man opened up the door and answered it while in his jammies. His hair was visibly weak and falling off, his fat and plump lips had globs of spit on them and his visible belly added to the ugly bastard vibe.

While the fat man was speaking, I visibly saw some spit flying at Big boss’ face. Yanyan almost threw up then and there, but held herself back. It seemed so...dirty.

“So, I heard you were Roman Catholic?” (Big boss)

“H-huh? What does that matter?” (???)

“I’ll take that as a yes... To you, o’lord, I lift up this man’s soul. May you find forgiveness for this man’s sins” (Big boss)

After citing some bible verse to the fat man, he swiftly pulls up a pistol and aims it directly at his forehead. Without warning...

BANG!

Thud!

The lifeless body of the land whale flopped on the floor with an echo and following shortly after was me.

 

———

a.n | hola! I hope you enjoyed and I really hope you are having a great day! Do consider commenting on this chapter, reviewing this book and adding this novel to library!

29