CEO Killer
400 0 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ronda led me into the bar once more, but this time, I wasn’t over her shoulder and I wasn’t bleeding profusely from my body. I also didn’t face two buff men.

Since I had a clearer head when compared to before, I noticed that the hallways leading down to the bar was longer and more twisty than I thought.

I noticed that the walls seemed to be very thick, with almost no echo coming from them when you knock on them. Ronda noticed my curious look and took time to explain it to me.

“So bullets don’t go. They hit the wall and... stop” (Ronda)

“Ahh, I understand” (Ren)

...silence. Again, Ronda had nothing to talk about so she just kept quiet. I think I’d rather she ramble about something, but whatever.

We finally reached the end of the hallway and she opened up the thick metal door to the bar, where Big boss and the girls are waiting. When we entered, the crew was all there.

Big boss, the asshole. Yanyan, the crazy and finally, Erina, the uhhhh, tsundere? Erina the sexy maybe.

However, there was another person, a very old man along with 5 others. All of them were in suits except for the old man, who was in a loose fitting white button-up polo and a wrinkly jacket.

“Ahh, you’re here. Sir, this is the boy we told you about, the one that had the best reaction” (Big boss)

“Hmmmm... he doesn’t look too.. ahak ahak! P-promising...” (???)

As the old man coughed and wheezed, the five men surrounding him immediately gave him a mini aspirator and started lightly massaging his back.

“Sorry, I’m quite sick nowadays...” (???)

“Comes with age old man, you can deal with it. And plus, you’ve lived long enough” (Big boss)

Not just me, but the entire room was stunned for Big boss’ rudeness to this seemingly respectable old man. The only people who showed no reaction was Yanyan and Ronda.

I think Yanyan knew this would happen and Ronda... she doesn’t understand why he was rude. To her, he was probably stating some facts and clear cut knowledge.

Even so, it was a bit harsh to say it like that. The five men guarding the man looked at Big boss with sharp eyes and reached for their weapons at their hips.

“Now now, this is his house it would be rude to ruin it, now wouldn’t it?” (???)

“”Y-yes boss... sorry boss””

The five men apologized in unison and gave their guns to Yanyan as an apology. Big boss seemed happy with that and also a bit surprised at the old man’s actions.

“Age seemed to humble you, Brandon” (Big boss)

“And age seemed to do the opposite to you” (Brandon)

“Ahaha, says the 80 something year old man. I’m barely 60 and still in it” (Big boss)

“As am I. I’m just more important than you. Ahahahahak ahak! Ahak! Ahem...” (Brandon)

The two old men started bickering and arguing about stupid things such as status and wealth. Seriously, these old men are both probably killers. Paid killers, meaning they are definitely rich.

If that giant blacked-out SUV outside is his, I think I can safely assume that is like a group of billionaires arguing who has more zeroes in their bank accounts.

Absolutely ridiculous, childish and disrespectful to working people. I don’t feel too strongly about this, but it’s funny watching them.

“Ughhhh, can the raisins stop? I’m getting flabs just watching you guys bicker. So old man, why’d you visit? It isn’t just for Renny is it?” (Yanyan)

Yanyan rolled her eyes and rested her left leg over her right one. Showing her panties on purpose, the old man named Brandon didn’t budge. I’m sure he’s impotent.

Even I, a married man, can’t help but stare. Like a pizza man, I can stare, but I can’t touch.

“Of course not young one. I came here... to warn you. Shasho has her eyes on you guys. I have no idea why since I’m too low rank, but just know that” (Brandon)

“S-Shasho? Why the hell would that monster have an interest in a small district?” (Big boss)

“You are the most successful district in Tokyo, mind you. As for the why... I don’t have any idea. It could be because of that young lady though...” (Brandon)

We all turned our heads to look at Yanyan who was eating some ice cream on the side. She noticed our glares and made a confused expression. It wasn’t out of nowhere anyways.

If everyone started looking at you, you’d be surprised.

“Wh-what?” (Yanyan)

“You know Shasho. Why is she noticing us?” (Big boss)

With that, everyone was waiting in anticipation. We were all a bit curious about this, even Ronda. If this Shasho was that woman from that time, then she might be Yuriko’s adoptive mother.

Thinking about it now, obaa-san was probably the owner of an orphanage, explaining why Yuriko left.

“Haah? I ghosted the bitch years ago. I don’t even remember her face damn it. Never mention that bitch when I’m around” (Yanyan)

““...”” (Big boss & Brandon)

Erina, Ronda and I may not know why it’s so important, but for Brandon and Big boss, their facial expressions are filled with surprise. It seems as if “ghosting” this Shasho isn’t a good idea.

“Huh... then why?” (Big boss)

“Wait, you are getting distracted from the now. You have a job, and you will complete it. I will leave for now, but do take care of yourselves” (Brandon)

With that, Brandon took to his feet and extended his hand out to Big boss. Despite their previous arguing and fighting, Big boss still took his hand with a smile and shook it firmly.

They didn’t even need to say goodbye, just the look in their eyes said all they needed to say. This is probably something developed over multiple decades, not just a few years.

“Yeah, sorry... you can leave. Tsuchiya-san, Yanyan, Ronda, Erina, to the mystery van” (Big boss)

“Hai hai~” (Yanyan)

“Un” (Ronda)

The old men finally finished and we arrived to the back of the van where we immediately started changing into the brown work jumpers.

“You ready, Tsuchiya-san?” (Big boss)

“Un. I think I’m pretty ready for this one...” (Ren)

I’m sure I didn’t sound confident. My voice was slightly shaky, my legs were jumping and I felt really hyper. It was surely the adrenaline. My body was truly not ready.

However, saying you aren’t ready and thinking it are very different things. If you say you are ready, you might trick yourself into thinking you are ready.

And plus, does it matter if I’m ready?

Whenever he asks about my well-being, it really feels like just a courtesy, that whether I’m ready or not, I’m doing it when he says so. It’s really disheartening and a bit annoying.

I wonder if I’m really as okay as I think I am?...

As I was thinking lots in the back of the van, we suddenly arrived at our destination. It seemed to be a tall, metropolitan building owned by a massive company. It seems like Big boss might have a thing for killing company leaders.

"Now girls and boy, let's start" (Big boss)

Equipped with a pistol, he stormed out of the van with Yanyan in tow, holding her very own gun. Ronda had a firearm as well while Erina and I were trailing with the cleaning supplies for when the goings get rough.

At the front of the building was two guards that were lightly armed and had no body protection. Obviously, Big boss quickly made work of them and I just barely held myself from vomiting again.

The smell of the gunpowder, the sudden spray of blood on the back of the wall and the slightly cooked bullet holes through their skulls made it so much more disgusting. I really hate this job of mine...

———

a.n | ni hao! Another chapter for my beloved readers and I sincerely hope you enjoyed this one! Thanks for all of the support and know that it’s greatly appreciated. If you are enjoying this story, do comment, like and review this novel. Everything helps.

 

if you would like to get daily updates instead of updates every two days, check out the link below. Bye for now and have a good day!

↓Link!

https://www.webnovel.com/book/my-teacher-is-secretly-an-assassin-!_20057521305949505

 

17