Double Job (1/2)
263 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Ummm... Bella?” (Ren)

“Humph. Your work time is over, so you don’t need to stay here. Go home to meet with your... wife” (Bella)

This is a predicament. I never knew Bella got so attached. I don’t even know what I did to deserve this. Was it because I look good or something? I mean, high school girls are vain and shallow, but I never knew they were that shallow.

Not being confused with puppy love, this might be actual attraction. What a perplexing case.

Well, I don’t think I should try and clear her misunderstandings. The faster she learns that we can’t be together, the better for her heart.

There have been some students previously that have had this happened to them, so I’m a professional at breaking high school hearts.

With a wry smile on my face, I responded to the sulking Bella who refused to make eye contact with me anymore.

“Then, alright. See you tomorrow Bella. Please do study some more. Same thing with you three Emily, Estelle, Danielle. Good bye girls” (Ren)

All three of them didn’t like me, which was good. I’m sure they recognized me as good looking, but not as a crush. They all seemed to look at Bella with a teasing gaze.

Hopefully she isn’t too teased at home.

“You’re done already?” (Ellie)

“Un. They are pretty behaved by now. You’re welcome” (Ren)

“...” (Ellie)

My slightly sarcastic remark was enough to get underneath Ellie’s skin as she grimaced and winced at the malicious grin I gave her.

Ahhh, how pleasant. It’s such a joy. I do really take pleasure in teasing this sassy maid. She is a really irritating person, but she makes up for it with her being so cute to annoy.

I waved her bye and went on my way to the bus stop. On the way there, the guards all greeted me with a small nod and then waving me a goodbye.

By the time my job was over, it seemed as if the police was replaced by..... more police. They were still wandering the place, looking smug. They seemed to be on top of the world.

I wasn’t too concerned about the police after this morning, but that didn’t mean I lowered by guard. I was definitely still holding to myself and making sure not to talk to anyone.

In turn, the police never talked to me when I got of the bus stop and walked back home. There were some stares definitely, but nothing from their actions told me that they knew what I did.

There was only one problem now... Chika. I’m going to another “night job” and since I was just told, I’m going to need to tell her last minute.

She is very frustrated with me. I can understand it, but it is really hard to not want to tell her to stop worrying. It’s annoying because I can’t tell her what I’m doing either.

“Haaahhh...” (Ren)

I’ve heard that rubbing the back of your neck could soothe you when you are stressed or angry, so I tried doing it. It definitely made me feel a bit more relaxed, but I was stressed.

I can’t help but think about what will happen if this all falls to bits. This is merely a house of cards, waiting to collapse. The only thing I’m worried about is being caught in the middle of it.

“I’m home~” (Ren)

Without waiting for an answer, I inserted my key into the door and took off my shoes. What greeted me however, sunk my hearts tot he deepest depths.

“Hmmm? Ohhh, shhhhh. Teehee, don’t make too loud of a noise, she might wake up” (???)

An unknown woman was sitting on my couch while watching a children’s show. On her lap was the presumably sleeping Chika and a gun, calmly situated right next to Chika’s crown.

At that moment, my body froze in place. The work bag I had fell to the floor and my mouth literally gaped open. My brain was telling me nonstop to get some help, but I didn’t.

I froze up on the spot. It’s odd how the human brain says one thing but the body does another. My thoughts started getting darker and more grim.

Thinking about how Chika is. Is she really sleeping? Why is there a gun? Who is this woman?!

“Wh-“ (Ren)

“Shhhh, not a noise. Come here” (???)

“.....okay” (Ren)

Her domineering voice took over my body. I was in overdrive. It was a mix of absolute power, and femininity. The look in her eyes suggested that this was a personal matter.

Surreal. This seemed like a bad fever dream. My vision was already getting hazy and I felt like passing out, but I still walked towards her with heavy steps.

Left. Right. Left. Right.

Somehow, it seems that the wooden floor is creaking much more than before. I wonder if it’s just my senses being heightened or this woman has some creepy witch-like powers.

“Good boy. Now, give me your hand” (???)

At this point, I didn’t bother asking more questions. The faster I couldn’t ouch Chika to make sure she was okay, the better. Tears of fear were streaming down my face, and yet I wasn’t crying.

My handsome face just as it was, just with the hot, salty liquid coming out of my eyes. I wasn’t distorting it into ugly shapes nor was a hiccuping. I was just... crying.

The hand I lent her was my non-dominant hand. Unconsciously, I felt this was the smarter move. Was it so I could punch her harder? Who knows.

However, it seems as though I picked the right choice since she showed me a smile brighter than the stars. At that moment, my face flushed with blood and so did my crotch.

It wasn’t becuase I wanted to screw her... well, I did, but it wasn’t because of that. No. It was from the terror I felt when she softly took my hand. When she took it, it was as if lady death was leading me to the underworld already.

Amazingly, her slender and bony fingers had a coldness to them. They were truly dead.

She crumpled my hand into a fist using her two palms and then took out two fingers; my index and middle finger. Hold up, don’t tell me she is...

Oh, phew.

Contrary to my thoughts, she just held both fingers to Chika’s neck, letting me feel her pulse. It wasn’t slowed, nor was it abnormal. Just like she was sleeping. That was relieving.

A weight was removed off of my shoulders instantly and I slightly relaxed my tense posture.

“So, now you believe me. Follow me young lad” (???)

The beautiful woman led me outside of the apartment, making sure that she closes the door first. While under the scrutiny of the sunlight, she looked awfully familiar.

Pale skin that seems to never tan, a voluptuous body and seemingly expensive clothing.

Though I am 25 years old as a male, she still dragged me around like a kid going shopping with his mom. Soon, we reached the back part of my apartment.

My heart was racing once more. C’mon, you’re going to kill me after saving my wife?

Her cold and unforgiving voice soon called out to my currently meek self. A loud roar, followed by a grumbling noise came from the alley.

“Get in the car” (???)

The all black sedan was completely colorless. It was matte black, just the like the night sky and even the logo was removed. All the windows were fully tinted out and so were the wheels.

“Okay then...” (Ren)

As I was opening the door to the back seat, I heard a loud moan and the door suddenly slammed shut in front of me.

“In front, damn it” (???)

“S-sorry” (Ren)

Inside the sedan, I realized that it was much lower than anticipated as I even saw more leg than I should have when she was walking in front of the car. All in all, black seemed to fit her the best considering her personality.

She got in the car without a fuss and slammed on the accelerator pedal, causing me to hold on for dear life and fasten my seatbelt a bit tighter.

Ever since the accident, I have tried to avoid being in a car as much as possible, but sometimes it’s inevitable.

Comparing the time travelled to using public transportation, it seems that the car was much faster, getting us to the bar in only 6:00 p.m

Granted we were early by about 2 hours, but being early is better than being late.

KRRRRSHHHHHH!!!

Rubber grinding against asphalt was heard from beside me. I flew forwards in my seat, but I was held back by a supporting hand from her placed in front of my chest.

What a “nice” woman.

I didn’t ask anymore stupid questions and just followed her to the bar, letting her leading the way. Hopefully she isn’t a cop or something.

Walking right behind her, she made sure to look back occasionally to check if was still there. Again, treating me like a child. The secret passcode was given out by her and Big boss answered the door almost immediately.

“Ahh, welcome Mrs. Basset and Tsuchiya-san” (Big boss)

‘Oh...’

“By Basset you mean...” (Ren)

“Yeah. Your second employers, Tsuchiya-san” (Big boss)

So that’s why she looked so familiar; she was that woman looking over the balcony. Did she know who I was? If she did, why is she still allowing me to teach her daughters?

“Well damn...” (Ren)

 

———

a.n | thanks so much for reading this far! It’s such a pleasure to write something that all of you enjoy! Peace and take care of yourselves!

10