Unsuspecting Monster
180 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next day came quickly after sleeping with Chika. I took her to the bedroom and we cuddled for a bit and I just passed out. It seemed as though my body was quite tired.

In an odd turn of events, I woke up before the alarm clock. In fact, I woke up 10 minutes before the alarm clock, the earliest I’ve woken up in a while.

This could be just a coincidence, but I believe it might have something to do with yesterday. For some reason, I was very paranoid about things. Now I’m pretty normal right now, but it was a weird happening.

To make sure my brain was fully up, I was stretching my bones and cracking my body like a glow stick.

My eyes had adjusted to the light shining through the curtain gaps and by the time I was fully awake, the alarm clock had gone off and awoken Chika.

“Morning...” (Ren)

“Uhmm. I think I’m still a little sleepy. Go on without me~” (Chika)

Hearing her sleepy tone, I wryly smile as that means that I have to now make my own breakfast, something which I haven’t done in nearly 2 years.

The breakfast I chose was... bread. Just bread and some butter on it. Thankfully, I’m not too bad at making bread and it tasted fairly good.

Bread aside, I was already in the shower a couple minutes after finishing up with my toast and getting ready for my work day today with the four girls.

The atmosphere would certainly be awkward between me and them after what happened last night though...

At that moment, I got a text message from Ellie, the snarky maid, informing me that all of my morning routine was basically useless.

[EllArn: Tsuchiya-san, work is cancelled permanently. A pay of 5000 yen will be deposited in exchange for your weekly salary]

I was dumbfounded. Was 5000 yen fair? This seems like it was slave labor at it’s finest. Though the girls were very easy to handle, I was promised around 15,000 a week

What a ridiculous text message.

Even though I wanted to retort her, I don’t know if that was smart, considering my relationship with Ellie’s employer. It feels a bit odd if I complain about 15,500 yen when I’m set to get at least 3 million.

[tsuch.ren: cool. I’ll be waiting]

With that, I was left in the house with nothing to do. Checking in on the bedroom, Chika was still sleeping... what a boring day it’s set to be.

I sat back down and started scrolling though all of the TV shows on the air and... nothing was there that interested me.

“Phewww..... how annoying” (Ren)

At that point, I was sitting on the couch with both of my legs up and my head hanging over the edge, trying to find the most comfortable position to rest in.

But now, an idea popped into my mind.

‘...if I’m going to be a bodyguard, shouldn’t I get fit?’

It was a valid idea. Though I was fitter than most people in Japan, it isn’t at the level of running with your client and such. After all, most of the paycheck is after the job is done.

If I let Bella get captured or maybe if I die from not being able to outrun an enemy, that 9 million yen is gone in the wind.

The 3 million would be heavily taxed as well, leaving Chika with not as much money as I wanted.

And so, I wore my workout outfit which consisted of a super absorbent t-shirt, black shorts and running shoes and took the bus to the nearby gym.

Again, I would just go running, or even just walk to the gym instead of riding the bus. Hell, I barely use the gym. But then again, I have the money for it now.

Since the bus was fairly crowded, I decided on just standing and leaving the seats for the old people and maybe some kids. You never know. Maybe that old lady owns a massive company and will pay you a million yen.

...it won’t happen, but a man can dream.

The second I stepped on the bus, an office worker looking lady stood in front of me, her behind right in my personal space. I could tell she was an office worker just from her face.

A clean and perfectly toned face, nicely shaped eyes a mole right under her eye. That mole is definitely telling me “office lady”.

So that I wouldn’t creep her out, I lifted my arms into the air and held onto the railing to show her that I’m not going to touch her inappropriately or something like that.

It seemed to work very well, since the office lady in a tracksuit unconsciously heaved a sigh of relief when she peeked at me.

Unfortunately however, that still didn’t deter some... unsavory people from trying their luck.

A big, muscular hand approached the space in front of me, facing the office lady’s buttocks. I was getting weary. Should he even try touch her pants, I’ll be sure to step in.

Something inside of me was trying to give this man the benefit of the doubt. Maybe he thought this lady was his wife? But that didn’t make sense.

Though optimistic, it seemed as though I was wrong to assume he won’t try something. As I intently watched him with scrutiny, he did it.

A strong, firm grip on her behind sent me over the edge. I may be a passive man, but I’m not a man who’d let something like that go. It’s my moral obligation.

Though, that seems hypocritical considering my situation...

I grabbed him by his wrist and lifted it up into the air. I made sure to press down on his tendon, making him involuntarily twitch his fingers from the sudden pain.

Since causing a scene might not be the best course of action considering this girl’s reputation, I decided to whisper silently to him.

“Don’t. Go now before the police is involved” (Ren)

Not knowing whether he feared me or the cops, it didn’t matter too much. Just in time, the bus stopped at the bus station by the gym.

I quickly left out the back door and soon, that office worker looking lady followed with quick and tiny steps.

“H-hey! Wait up!” (???)

Her voice sounded overly feminine. Yes, I can narrow down her department as well. This woman is in sales or PR.

“Hmm? Is there something?” (Ren)

“Yeah! I just wanted to thank you... and this is my stop anyways. The gym right?” (???)

I was a bit surprised. Something inside of me thought that she was the cool and laidback type in the company who goes to work in their tracksuit, or maybe leaves her suit at the office.

I guess I was mistaken.

“Oh, really? That’s very good. I’m Tsuchiya, you?” (Ren)

With a smile that could brighten up an eclipse, she looked straight into my eyes before continuing.

“I’m Emi. Shall we workout together?” (Emi)

“Umm... sure?” (Ren)

Looking at her slightly serious face, I thought that she might be hitting on me. Hopefully she wasn’t. However, she might just be a nice girl. You can’t really tell.

Unconsciously, I felt my gaze roaming up and down her body and something clicked inside of my brain... now I know why that guy went to such extents to touch this girl, huh?

She had a nice height of 170 cm, her hair was tied into a neat bun. Her face was small and her big eyes made her kind of look like some sort of anime character. What an unfair human being.

Surely many women won’t be pleased to see her at the gym.

“Great!” (Emi)

With her bag over her shoulder, she happily led me to the gym she regularly goes to. Oh man, does she think we coincidentally go to the same gym?

She unwittingly let me follow her for about 3 minutes until we arrived at the gym in question.

(Big boss 1st POV)

“What the hell is he doing with that chick...?” (Big boss)

Today was just like any other day. Under no will of my own, I was watching Tsuchiya Ren’s entire day through the lenses of the surrounding CCTV cameras.

I’ve done this so much, I’m pretty sure I know what his hip technique looks like in bed. My eyes have seen much worse, but it doesn’t look good watching a good looking young man and a good looking young woman.

Makes me disgusted.

“Why? What’s going on?” (???)

The woman over the phone was overly interested in this random man’s life. It was almost to the point of wanting to know every single second of his life.

From her age and known personality, it definitely wasn’t something as stupid and vain as love or hate. She is more complicated than that.

“Well, it seems he is going to the gym with a woman he found. Thing is, she’s a detective” (Big boss)

“Well, have they met before?” (???)

“Not at all. It seems they met on the bus” (Big boss)

On the phone, I heard the memorable noise of her humming in confusion. Though, her age turned it much more grainy and a bit disgusting sounding.

“...what a stud. Is he usually like this?” (???)

“Considering who wants him, I’d assume the answer is yes” (Big boss)

From just the women I know, I’m pretty sure I can barely count the number of women who he has influenced on one hand. It’s possibly 5. And there are more he has even influenced.

What an insane man... I wonder how the hell this monster was raised?

 

———

a.n | herro! Another chapter for y’all and I hope you enjoyed it. Thanks for reading so far and I’m having so much fun publishing a novel that people can enjoy! Bye bye for now and check out my Webnovel if you would like daily chapters

5