APPEAR BEHIND
68 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In an instant a flash of light was seen illuminating the cavern, the badgers who adapted to the darkness of caves and tunnels were instantly blinded. 

In that same moment my sister appeared behind the badgers and swung her sword. The lightning trailed as it swung through the air, those that did not die instantly were left paralyzed or split open.

I was able to slip between the survivors with my ordinary knife and slice each of their throats in one swoop. 

“Are you okay Uncle?” Asked Trisha, watching his ragged breathing.

“We still have that monster over there to take down.” Sigfreed gulped as he looked at the huge glowing red horn.

The Leader terrier shot off in Trisha’s direction, swinging his horn like an enraged beast with a burst of speed.

Uncle Sig looked as though he teleported to intercept the beast before it could make contact with Trisha’s back, however, the shear impact of the horn connecting to his sword sent Sigfreed flying into the wall, when he collided he spat up blood as the shock of the impact ran through his body. 

My sister, using her shadow magic, slipped into the nothingness of the already dark cavern.

The beast swung his horn in a random area of the cavern. When he swung his horn a red blast was emitted and trailed off into the open area, Trisha was shocked at the creature's ability to discern her location so quickly, she raised her sword to block the blast.

Trisha was pushed back a few steps by the blast, her palms shaking at the power of the impact. 

Taking advantage of the distracted creature I pulled out my dagger and shot off, in a second I appeared at the back of the creature and swung down my dagger. When the ordinary dagger made contact with the skin of the creature, it went into his skin only an inch or so before -

‘Snap’... my dagger broke. I was struck by surprise, petrified to be precise.

The creature still enraged swung the back of its arm at me behind him. I was sent halfway across the room rolling and then pasted firmly into the wall. 

-cough- my mouth filled with the taste of iron as blood came up.

Hitting my head and holding my arm I saw the creature's deep red eyes charge towards me once more. 

A small flash of lightning erupted between us before he made contact.

The creature stopped abruptly to look at my sister behind him. He fired another blast from his horn, but Trisha gracefully dodged the blast this time and rolled forward to meet the creature’s horn with her magical sword that glowed in a purple hue. 

They exchanged a few blows, but Trisha was sent flying back each time they collided.

The horn of the terrier badger leader swept across the cave and left traces of red light as it cut through the air while Trisha’s sword glowed in a purple hue and buzzed as it swung through the cave. 

As the two blades collided the sparks they produced filled the cave with flashes of magenta.

Despite her bravado Trisha was still being beaten back and now she was visibly getting tired, even her hands and sword were trembling. 

The entire time I was against the wall, finally the shock wore off and I focused my magic.

“Trisha! come closer to me!” 

without a question she dodged the creature and came closer to me. I casted my gravity mitigation on her, instantly she felt the difference, she moved even faster.

She assaulted the creature from all sides, the creature was discombobulated by the attacks, being slashed so often it started bleeding from all sides.

Trisha jumped up in mid-air ready to swing down her sword, in that instant I switched from my gravity mitigation to gravity amplification. 

The creature who had only raised one hand to block the attack was struck with a force he had not expected. His hand was cut cleanly through by the sword which buzzed with electricity, it continued until the sword had cut his head in half and sliced his body open as well. 

 

Trisha landed gracefully, her back turned to the creature who was now spraying out blood, she stepped in my direction. She could see that I had taken some major injuries.

 When Trisha stepped off in my direction she felt a sharp sensation in her mind.

The moment she glanced behind her she saw the claws of the dying creature were already too close to dodge ripping violently through the air. 

The speed and force were absurdly strong for a creature already at death's doorstep. 

8