CHAPTER 50: KNIGHT’S BRIGADE
21 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Alric stood on the balcony, encircled by an eerie shroud of darkness and thick smoke, gripping his sword with unwavering resolve. His four kluddes hovered nearby, growling and emanating an aura of menace as they gnashed their spectral teeth into the empty air.

Then, as though conjured from the very shadows themselves, a young woman materialized before Alric's eyes. She exuded a sinister aura, unlike any being he had ever encountered. Clad in a form-fitting black suit adorned with minimal armor pieces on her wrists, back, and shins, she moved with an unsettling grace. Her black dual short swords that looked more like long daggers dripped with blood as she moved. 

As she stepped forward, her face was hidden only by a vale of darkness, the black particles that had tainted the air began to coalesce around her, swirling and dancing in a haunting spectacle. Alric, acutely aware of the immense mana emanating from this enigmatic figure, began to question his own sanity for daring to confront her.

Despite the chaos that had erupted around her, the woman moved with an air of unsettling confidence, her steps unfazed by the destruction and turmoil that surrounded her.

 

Alric watched in awe and trepidation as the woman approached, her presence dominating the chaos that swirled in the room. Her dark, alluring eyes met his, locking onto his with an unsettling intensity.

He felt a shiver crawl down his spine as he confronted this embodiment of terror, realizing that he was now face to face with the infamous Blackdeath herself.

A macabre smile graced the Blackdeath's lips as she sauntered closer, each step an echo of impending doom.

The sword in Alric’s hand trembled slightly at her approach. 

 

But before the tense standoff could escalate further, the room was suddenly flooded with the clattering of armor and the determined footsteps of knights from the Braveheart household. 

The men, armed with gleaming swords and wearing ornate armor adorned with the Braveheart sigil, burst into the room with the intention of protecting their liege and putting an end to this nightmare.

"Stand back, Blackdeath!"

shouted their leader, a knight with an air of authority and experience.

“Kill the Blackdeath! For the kingdom!”

The commander shutted trying to evoke the morale of the men. 

“Kill that Blackdeath bitch!”

The men shouted before they all began to close in. 

However, their bravado was short-lived as the Blackdeath, seemingly unfazed, simply raised her hand. 

A dark, almost invisible energy rippled through the air, knocking the knights off their feet and sending them sprawling. Their swords clattered to the ground, their once-imposing armor reduced to mere hindrances.

The knights groaned in agony, their bodies trembling as if stricken by an unseen force. Alric could feel the life force within them ebbing away, tainted by the sinister power that the Blackdeath wielded. Their skin contorted, turning ashen gray, and their eyes filled with an indescribable torment.

The brave knights, once proud and formidable, were now nothing but withered husks, trapped in a torturous existence.

Alric's heart pounded in his chest as he bore witness to the horrifying spectacle. He had never encountered magic of this caliber, and the realization that he might be entirely outmatched began to gnaw at the edges of his resolve.

But he couldn't afford to falter. He gripped his sword and rushed forward. 

“Chains of Gravity! RELEASE!”

 

Right from the start Alric released his own limiters and attacked the Blackdeath with ferocious speed and strength swinging the Shadow scourge. 

 

Effortlessly she parried his attack and swung her other dagger. 

 

"Ah, how valliant! You truly are a remarkable specimen."

 

Alric didn’t have time to even acknowledge the words she spoke due to the speed her attack was being launched. 

 

‘Swift Dia!’

 

Alric inwardly casted a speed spell to keep up. He managed to block the attack but the sheer strength behind her swing was more than enough to send him flying through the walls of the manor. 

 

The Blackdeath smirked as she watched Alric’s body launch through the walls of the manor. She stepped forward and the particles of dark energy around her moved as she walked towards the local Alric’s body went flying. 

 

Before the Blackdeath could make her next move, another group of knights, this time from the Royal Guard, stormed into the room. Their armor bore the royal insignia, and their swords shimmered with potent magic. They were here to apprehend the Blackdeath and put an end to her reign of terror.

 

With unwavering determination, they rushed forward, their coordinated efforts designed to overwhelm her. 

 

Spells crackled through the air, and their swords struck with precision and power. Even the Blackdeath had to be cautious when facing the lower end of the royal guards.

 

Unfortunately she still had the advantage, all of the black particles in the air acted on her every whim. each of them protected her and even launched attacks for her. 

 

Worse of all if the guards suffered too many attacks from the black particles they would be afflicted with the blackdeath disease.  

 

“You wretch!”

 

The commander grew more and more unstable as he lost his men one after the other. His sword swings were powerful enough to shake the villa each time he swung but the Blackdeath was simply too elusive. 

 

She was here for a long game, she wore them down until the blackdeath’s disease weakened and turned them into statues of ash. 

 

It was a desperate fight for the lives of everyone present.

Yet, despite their valor and the formidable might of the Royal Guard, the Blackdeath remained a specter of death and darkness. She moved with an otherworldly grace, dodging their attacks effortlessly. 

Her own strikes, fueled by a dark and malevolent energy, shattered their armor and sent them reeling.

Alric had just recovered his senses and came to observe the fight, hoping for an opening. 

Alric watched in awe and dread as the knights, those who were supposed to be the kingdom's finest, were systematically defeated, their once-mighty forms reduced to lifeless statues in the grip of agony.

The battle raged on, a deadly dance of light and shadow, but it was becoming increasingly apparent that the Blackdeath was an unstoppable force.

 The knights' valiant efforts had been in vain, and Alric felt a sinking despair settle in his heart.

As he observed the relentless onslaught of the Blackdeath, Alric knew that he was facing a foe unlike any other.

 

Now he understood that he was truly a frog in a well. All of his talent and hard work meant nothing in the face of fully realized potential.

0