CHAPTER 53: CHECK
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Trisha sat across from her brother, her gaze fixed on Braveheart as the Blackdeath disease consumed him. She wore an enigmatic smile as she observed his agony, the man writhing in pain as his skin festered and inky black blood oozed from his every orifice.

 

"He hardly knows anything. Just another puppet in the chain," 

Trisha commented with a disinterested tone, her eyes never leaving the gruesome spectacle before her.

Braveheart's screams and convulsions eventually subsided into eerie silence, punctuated only by his labored breaths.

 

“At least we know which direction to look now.”

 

Alric answered as he went deep in thought trying to fit the puzzle pieces together. 

 

Trisha glanced out the window, noting the full moon's progress toward the west. She pushed herself away from the table, offering Alric an affectionate pat on the head.

 

"Well, I have to go now, little brother."

 

"But Trish," 

 

Alric protested, feeling a sense of disappointment that their reunion was drawing to a close, 

 

"you never told me what happened to you, or how you got this strong..."

Trisha's smile remained enigmatic, her eyes betraying a hint of agitation. 

"I'll tell you everything another time. Right now, it's not safe for me here." 

 

Alric couldn't fathom what his sister meant by "not safe." In his eyes, she was the most talented and formidable person he knew. No one could surpass her.

 

“Safe? But Trish, you’re the most talented person I know. no one can beat you.”

 

Alric said matter of factly. Trisha offered a shy smile, she herself fully aware that talent and strength were limitless in this world and she was nowhere near the pinnacle for either. 

 

Trisha, not giving Alric an answer, walked towards the balcony before stopping mid stride to look back at Alric. 

 

With a playful tone, Trisha spoke her final words before she prepared to leave: 

“Hurry up and stop being a weakling. I’ll need your help.”

 

Alric's heart ached at her words. He had devoted years of tireless training to catch up to her, yet the gap between them seemed insurmountable. Trisha gathered the dark energy around her feet, preparing to take off into the night sky.

 

Trisha jumped and the balls of darkness gathered on her feet as she was about to take off. 

 

Alric looked on in awe as she was about to leave. 

 

But suddenly the atmosphere in the air felt stifling and a massive amount of mana in the air swooshed past Alric. 

 

Alric’s hair stood on end as a red arc of electricity roared passed him and shot Trisha directly out of the air. 

 

[Thunder Tiger!]

 

The attacker was a hulking figure with fiery orange hair, a thick beard, and a bushy mustache. His golden armor marked him as the head of the Royal Guards.

 

He stood with only two fingers pointing towards Trisha but when Alric felt the massive amount of mana that was circulating around the man he buckled over and coughed up a mouth full of blood. 

With his vision already getting blurry from mana poisoning Alric looked at his sister who was laying on the ground wriggling in pain as the arcs of red electricity jumped around her body. 

 

‘A tenth circle mage?!’ 

 

Alric’s mind spinned as he tried to fathom the power of the man, as he heard his footsteps draw nearer. 

 

“Sorry young mage. 

But I, Colonel Khan have been given strict orders to bring the wretch of a woman in… dead or alive.”

 

Colonel Khan patted Alric on the shoulder as he walked closer to Trisha’s body. Just the strength and mana level Alric felt from making contact with Khan left him breathless as he squeezed every ounce of his being trying to stay conscious. 

 

Khan's words further solidified Alric's understanding. Trisha had been right – he was still too weak. He could only stand by as his sister faced certain death.

Gritting his teeth, Alric bore witness to the unfolding tragedy.

 

Khan stood directly over Trisha’s squirming body raising only his left hand. 

 

“Sorry I am late. 

 

By order of King Paradox the divine ruler of the Dragnier Kingdom I hereby sentence you to death!”

 

Alric, feeling the massive quantities of mana gathering in the air, couldn't hold it in anymore and vomited over the fancy carpet of the mansion then blood started oozing from his tear ducts and nose.

As Khan spoke the darkness that surrounded the mansion seemed to have parted ways and storm clouds rumbled in the sky. The thunder clouds seem to be divided by a mighty dragon made of red electric arcs that raced through the sky. The dragon was hundreds of meters long as it snaked around the clouds. 

 

[Dragon’s Execution!]

 

Alric could hardly believe his eyes and ears. As Khan completed his spell, the roar of the heavens echoed around him shaking the mansion and the entire kingdom itself.

0