C hapter 3
426 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Can you... please stop watching me?" Argen asked the blonde girl he had seen yesterday as the Hermes cabin made their way to the mess hall. She'd come up suddenly when they left and had talked to luke for a while, though it was blatantly obvious who her real target was.

She had continuously glanced back at him, however, making him slightly uncomfortable. this girl's name was Annabeth, a child of Athena and also one of the older campers here.

"I'm not watching you, just thinking about something... is your godly parent a woman or man?" Given the chance to not have to be secretive she immediately came to his side and started asking questions about him and his life.

Argen didn't answer and stayed silent the whole way until they cut off and went to their respective tables. Finally given space he smiled as he ate simple cheerios for breakfast and started his first official day of camp, there were many things he wanted to try and learn that he now had access to at camp, including the different languages like Greek and Latin.

"What are you gonna do first?" Sam said walking up and following his line of sight to the archery range where the Apollo cabin had started to line up at. "Hm?... you wanna do archery?... I mean, good luck man" Sam wished him luck and walked away towards the pond to watch the Water Nymphs.

"I would like to try," Argen said walking up to one of the Apollo kids. He just nodded and handed him a bow and a straw arrow, beckoning him to shoot the free target. As Argen stepped up he felt everything in the background disappear, it was just him, the bow, and the target.

Argen was so focused that he didn't notice his eyes glowing silver as he pulled back the bowstring and let go letting the arrow fly towards his target.

*Whish*

A straw arrow glowing slightly with silver radiance burst forward and hit the target right on the bullseye before destroying it completely. Argen breathed out as everyone appeared in his mind again and looked at the target in shock. "Sorry!" Argen said handing the bow to the shocked Apollo kid, who absentmindedly took the bow as Argen ran off, but not without being seen by a certain blonde...

...

Throughout the day, Argen tried several other things. After the Archery incident, he decided to stay away from things like that and started off with Blacksmithing... needless to say he was complete shit at it.

His first time swinging the hammer he almost killed Beckendorf who quickly led him out of the forge saying, "There are more things to try, do those first... maybe come back... or don't"

he had Then tried to race the dryads, who completely dusted him. they tried to encourage him by pointing out they'd been running away from gods for millennia but it didn't help his morale much, After all, he'd basically been beaten by a bunch of old trees.

Finally, Argen had come to the Rockwall and decided to try it... he fell within the first 20 seconds of climbing. Nothing crazy even happened, just normal climbing had made him tired and he fell from the 7-foot mark.

He thought it couldn't get any worse, Seems he was wrong as he was now hanging by his underwear on a tree, courtesy of the 6-foot child of Ares Clarrise.

He had bumped into her, making her already crappy mood go into mega evolution and lash out at him, stringing him up on the closest thing and leaving him defenseless on the entrance to the forest, at least he wasn't deep enough for any little monsters to come.

"Will you finally talk to me?" Annabeth said appearing in front of him with a blue baseball cap in her hands as Argen stared down at her, still hanging from his underwear.

"Ok, whatever just let me down!" Argen said making her smile victoriously and help cut off the hanging part of his underwear.

Argen fell face-first into the ground, but at least he was free. "Ok..." Argen said dusting himself off and looking at Annabeth. "What do you want to talk about?"

"Your the one aren't you?" Annabeth immediately wasted no time and asked Argen. Argen just stayed silent not knowing what she was talking about.

"You know... usually people would clarify... I'm not as smart as you and can figure out everything..." Argen said turning around and walking back towards camp. Annabeth followed him and shrugged as if it was obvious he wasn't as smart as her.

"I heard them talking about a missing lightning bolt... you know, like Zeus's bolt if it's really missing then they'll issue out a quest... and it can't be a coincidence that you just show up...," Annabeth said. She was convinced he was the one that she would get a quest with... well she thought every new person would be the one.

"What!?" Argen jumped in shock hearing this highly confidential secret. This was the first time even hearing something about stealing godly weapons, how would they even do that?

He learned about 2.5 seconds later that they usually went to Olympus during the winter solstice and also that the gods seemed tense the last time they went, which was only a few days ago.

"Look... I'm not some important person... I'm just normal, I'll pretend that you didn't tell me this crazy probably highly classified and dangerous information" Argen then shook his head and left her standing there in the middle of the camp, going back to the Hermes Cabin for some rest.

...

"So... How's camp?" Sam asked on the way to dinner. Argen sighed and looked up at the moon before bringing his head down and smiling at his friend. "It's good so far... what's this Capture the flag thing we're doing tomorrow?"

Sam smiled as they got their plates and let out a yawn before answering. He'd had a hard day of peeping and had been beaten by at least 12 different dryads.

"It's exactly what it sounds like, 2 teams fight each other and capture the other team's flag... this will be your first time... you should probably be careful" Sam nodded and went to the table where the satyrs sat and left Argen to go to the Hermes cabin.

Now, with the time to think back on the days events Argen recalled the Archery incident. Mainly because of the Apollo kids pointing at him and whispering to each other.

It had been strange, as if there were no other people there, he simply felt focused at the time... and let go of the string. He knew he'd most likely hit the target, but he never thought about the arrow destroying it. This brought up the question... who could his mother be?

...

Meanwhile, in a forest, Artemis was trying hard to ignore the kid she'd secretly been watching for 11 years. She saw each Time he was beaten by the man she hated more than anything.

She never did anything however, getting caught checking on him would be bad enough, but interfering she would be followed by a severe punishment. Though she never felt anything, it was still unpleasant seeing a child being beaten, given her divinity of Childbirth.

She already knew that she was hanging by a thread. With her broken pledge she'd been turned mortal for over a month before finally getting back to Olympus and getting it back due to Zeus's interference.

That was supposed to be it, she never had plans to watch the child, but there was something about him that made her feel weird inside, she didn't understand it, so she simply kept watching.

When seeing him hit the target earlier today she didn't know how to feel, but subconsciously she felt pride at the fact her so-... no the boy, can't think like that... had shown up each of the Apollo kids at Archery.

When he'd looked up she stopped watching, it seemed he could subconsciously feel her, hopefully, she wouldn't get caught... after all, she'd nearly claimed him during the Archery Incident... Something she still couldn't understand in her mind why she would even think of doing this...

10