Chapter 5
382 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As Argen was sitting with his new Cabinmates he couldn't help but smile a little at the friendliness of each of them. This wasn't something he was used to, so it threw him off guard seeing so many people randomly being nice to him.

From the Apollo kids, he learned many more things in the span of breakfast time than he'd learned in being in the actual camp. One example being the hierarchy type things here, or just how people got along in general.

Aphrodite cabin was known for breaking hearts, Ares Cabin was known for their violence, and Apollo cabin was known for healing and archery, these were just the basics as there were tons more to cover.

When they were going to continue, Annabeth ran up and tapped his shoulder getting his attention instantly, "Chiron wants you to come to the big House... he says it's very important so you should go now" Annabeth said and then went to sit with her cabin, curious about what Chiron wanted when summer had just started...

Argen said by to his cabinmates and walked over to the Big House in slight fear thinking he'd done something to anger Chiron or Mr. D, two people he'd rather not anger since they were in charge of this camp and his new home.

"You wanted to see me, sir?" Argen asked Chiron who was seated in his wheelchair like normal when he was in the Big House. Chiron nodded at him to acknowledge he was there and then got straight to the point.

"I want you to test something..." Chiron said to which Argen just nodded awkwardly. Seeing this, Chiron smiled and turned into his horse form.

"Go up to the attic... talk to the oracle... if she talks to you then I was right" Chiron said and pointed toward the stairs. Argen just nodded, not knowing anything about this oracle, but wanting to finish this quickly... and hopefully not mess it up.

"U-Uh... Chiron!... this doesn't seem like a beautiful Oracle like I read in the myths!" Argen said as he saw the mummy in the corner of the attic, looking creepy and causing his heart to start pounding out of fear. He heard a chuckle from Chiron before it stopped, obviously not trying to hurt the boy's feelings.

"Just walk up to her! Don't worry it's safe" Chiron answered. Argen gulped and walked toward the Oracle in fear. As he was within 5 feet green mist came out of its mouth and he heard a raspy old voice in his head, even though the oracle wasn't actually moving its mouth.

"Come... Child... hear your destiny..." The raspy voice reached his ears making him shiver as he took one more step forward, hoping this was close enough.

By winter's breath, three shall wake

One of Magic, one of sun, and one child who can not be named,

Find the ancients objects they must.

Before the shadows true of dust, turn the sands of the clock.

his umbra will dark the world.

If the child of silver can't prevail,

then his life is forfeit.(A/N: This Prophecy was brought to you by CornBringer, if it's shit then blame him)

The Oracle then stopped and went back to its normal stature as Argen was wondering what just happened, the words obviously meant something... and that last line made him shudder for some unknown reason.

As he came down the stairs Chiron looked over curiously, "So?... did she tell you a prophecy?" He asked as Argen realized what was going on.

"She did... I won't... have to go... will I?" Argen asked finally realizing what a prophecy meant, Annabeth had already informed him of the ways of how quests work.

First, it started with getting a prophecy, then 2 other people would have to go with whoever the prophecy was for, and then they'd travel and finish the quest, except... wasn't this too vague?

The prophecy that Argen had been told was mostly riddles for gods sake! and Argen didn't like the fact it said child of silver... two others were there... and he was neither.

Child of Magic, nope, Child of Sun, he didn't think so... So was he supposed to be the child of Silver?... and if he was... then was he bound to fail in whatever they were supposed to do?... and just who was Silver supposed to be? Or if he failed he died?... why!? what could be so dangerous... umbra dark the world?... who could that be? Shadows of dust? An isn't his name silver anyway? Is that what she meant? There was too much to cover for him.

Argen started to freak out, he was getting ahead of himself and didn't even hear what Chiron was saying. "I thought so... it seems the Oracle has issued another quest... Argen?"

Argen shook his head and looked up, "Yes Chiron?" Chiron glanced over at his pale face and inwardly sighed, it was now obvious that Argen knew as well... but Chiron needed to hear the prophecy details. "Could you tell me about the prophecy?... I could help you decipher it to the best of my ability."

Argen started to sweat slightly as he remembered the contents of the prophecy the oracle had issued to him, and he still hadn't figured out all that it meant.

Argen retold the prophecy until pausing at the last 2 lines, he felt it wouldn't be smart to tell him, "That was it... is there anything else sir?... I have archery with my cabin mates..."

Chiron could tell he was hiding something but didn't push him and nodded, letting him go as he started to think of the contents of the prophecy issued to Argen. It was obvious that for some reason the oracle either thought Argen was falsely claimed or that Argen was the chid of the sun in the prophecy, but obviously didn't usually happen in prophecies, so he quickly tried to check every variable. He knew prophecies often had many meanings, so he'd try and do his best so Argen wouldn't be completely in the dark in his inevitable quest that he'd have to take... even if he didn't know it yet.

Chiron wasn't sure about Ancient objects... but if he had to guess where it would be there were only 2 places... One wasn't practical... it would take months, maybe even years for that place, and the second was the most dangerous land in the world, so dangerous the humans had even been able to tell it was weird around that area...

11