Chapter 8
312 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 also Join the discord!

https://discord.gg/pxMJuY2hk5

...

After Argen's first day of school, at 7 years old, he'd felt for the first time how life outside the trailer or the parlor was. "Dad! Everyone in class was so cool!" Argen yelled out as he dropped his backpack and started doing his chores.

FIrst was the bathroom, then the kitchen... then the bedrooms... then everything else that needed to be cleaned.

After finishing, Argen, for the first and last time in his life did something he'd never done before. "Dad... can I see mommy?" Argen askled after finishing cleaning and finding an old half burned picture of his father and his mother.

Argen's father, who had just quietly ignored him while drinking, opened his eyes wide as he looked over at Argen in disgust. "You want to see your mother?" Argen's father stood up throwing a glass bottle to the side and walking over.

Argen, knowing things would get worse, threw the picture to the side and backed up quickly with an almost pleading look on his face. "N-No dad sorry I-"

*Smack*

Argen fell to the ground as he held his face and his father stood over him. "You want to see your mother huh?... well she don't want you!" Argen's father yelled out and kicked argen back stomping him onto the ground.

"She don't love you! She never has! She never will! You made her leave you trash!" After a few more seconds of shouting and beating Argen, his father blew out a small breath and walked away. "Fix your sorry ass up... no school... I could get in trouble... you don't want that do you?" Argen shook his head as he held his side... he didn't go to school for almost a month, causing teachers to eventually show up.

In desperation before they came, Argen's father forced him to jump off a building to hide the fact he was injured, giving the school an excuse to not come or find out if anything strange was happenning...

...

"He wants you to go with us" Megan, who had seen Argen's pause and discomfort, quickly stepped in and put an arm around his shoulder as she explained to Lee.

She'd been able to roughly guess the problem, though she didn't know the extent of it... if she'd known how Argen had been treated for years, who knows how she'd react?

Lee, after being filled in, quietly sat in the woods with the other two. Argen who was now fine and leaning against a tree trunk, and Megan, who was glancing over with worry at some points during this silent thinking period.

She had only known Argen for a month or so, not really enough time to truly call him a friend, yet she did it anyway. She never had a friend before, so having someone to actually care about brought a weird feeling to fall upon her... something she could only place as... concern?

"I'll do it... we have two weeks right?... You guy's will need a healer... I'm not as good with the bow... but I'm confused as to why you need me..." Lee said lookin st Argen, who was seemingly out of it as he looked down at his hands in deep thought.

Hearing Lee's words however, brought him back to reality. He knew he had to be the leader of this expedtition, and had already guessed that he had a big part to play in this quest, so he decided to ignore the bad feeling and the trauma his dad had given him.

"Because your the child of the sun... I must be mentioned in there differently... but here's the basics..." Argen explained a brief version of the prophecy without telling them too much that could make them guess he wasn't truly a son of Apollo...

"Hm... well I'm in... but these two weeks I'll need to prepare... I reckon that Chiron shouldn't care too much about people knowing we're going on a quest now right?... you'll definetely need a new bow that isn't some shitty second hand..."

More than any of the others, Lee immediately started planning for the ahead times, he wasn't the type to just jump into things, this quest was sudden but at least he had time to prepare, something that other's might not be able to get.

Just like Lee said, that night, Chiron announced their quest to everyone at camp, calling it an important mission but not giving too many specifics. Annabeth was the first to come to Argen and beg for him to take her, but after mentioning the quest didn't mention an Athena child, she was less mad about the whole ordeal, and began to get him prepared the next morning, starting with extensive combat training, making him take on most of the athena cabin without his bow.

This was important, because if he lost his bow then how would he fight? These were her thoughts as she worked him for more than a week. He also trained with Megan and Lee, who was working on his healing abilities. After finding out they'd be going all the way to greece he started trying to get as much "Real" experience as he could.

With one week left, Argen was sat with the Apollo kids when something unexpected happened, with a loud roar near the tree, each and every camper made their way to see a car wreck, a satyr being dragged along by a boy, and a woman dissapear in golden light.

Argen, without thinking ran forward towards them, it was obvious these people needed help, soecifically the idiot who was trying to fight one of the most dangerous monsters, this he knew from Annabeth's teachings over the past week.

She'd crammed as much greek myth knowledge she could in a week, and planned to get even more into his skull before he left for his quest.

As Argen stupidly ran into the battle, he tackled the kid who was yelling at the bull monster and caused them to crash to the side just as the Minotaur ran past them, not being able to veer to the side fast enough.

"What are you doing?! The best place to hit a minotaur is..." Argen started to say before helping the kid up and deciding it wasn't the best time to talk. "My names Argen... and it looks like we will die together..." Argen said as the situation finally sunk in.

Argen was very lucky in demigod terms, the fact he had never encountered a monster made him even more inexperienced than newbie demigods, and also caused him to be farther behind.

So, as the boy that was next to him ran at the Minotaur with a yell and jumped on it's back, Argen was stuck in place seeing the sight of the bull trying to buck off this boy that seemed to be around his age.

'What am I doing?' Argen thought as he grabbed a small broken part of the tree trunk and threw it with all his might, the silver energy flowing into it and smashing into the minotaur's side just as the boy stabbed into it with it's own horn and was bucked off landing on the ground, unconcious.

"Enchiladas..." Argen heard a voice to the side as a satyr was laying there looking to be in bad shape. Argen quickly helped it into camp as the boy was dragged toward The Big House, 'He must be important...' Argen thought, not knowing any of the events he would have to go through, and that this Percy Jackson would become one of the people he most resented...

8