Chapter 13
236 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Argen was sat down with his two unconscious friends as he rode in a bus with them. He'd managed to clean both of them up and using the trick of the mist thing he had been able to get into the bus not looking too suspicious.

Argen, who had finally stopped hiding how he felt, even though it was only for a short time, was smiling as he felt the same familiar feeling he felt. He was sure this was his mother watching him. How was he able to feel her?... Well, he didn't know that exactly. But he guessed it was due to the skills he'd shown.

Artemis, goddess of the hunt, and one of the Olympians this was his mother. Using the knowledge he knew about her. He was now sure what the skills he'd shown to have were and could guess most things of what they could do.

The silver lines that showed him the way, these were most likely something to do with hunting, and he was sure that when he used the bow the feeling of being free and unrestricted had something to do with hunting as well, though this was just a theory.

The silvery aura was harder to explain, as was the wolf that obviously lived inside of him, but he wasn't too worried about figuring this out right now. He could always ask his mother when he eventually met her, something he was still excited about.

"Boy... are your friends alright?... You lot have been on the bus for hours already... I can take you anywhere... I'm off my shift" The bus driver said to Argen as he stopped the bus and looked at the three children that were the only ones on the bus.

Argen, hearing the offer, looked around seeing the silver lines still going forward in silvery whisps. "Can you keep going that way please?" Argen asked pointing at the lines that only he could see. The bus driver nodded and started driving again in the silence of the night. nearly 24 hours of being on the bus, he was tired sure, but he would at least get these kids to where they needed to go...

...

"Thank you, sir..." Argen said as he helped Lee carry Megan, who was still asleep, out of the bus. He had learned that they weren't actually very far out of the United States... Canada to be exact.

How had La Llorona been in Canada?... This was something Argen had already thought much about. Just like the gods, monsters must move at some point, meaning that this could have been the true La Llorona or a copy due to being moved and different legends being mixed together.

"How did y-you know?... handle her..." Lee asked stuttering a but with a grim expression as he remembered the events from before. He hadn't expected them to face such bad luck from the start of their quest, it had only been a day and a half since they'd left and gotten in the airplane... So how could things go so wrong so quickly?

"Megan took care of her... it's why she's so wiped out right now" Argen said smiling softly as he decided not to tell anyone about his parental situation. He would just pretend to be a son of Apollo, surely that was why Apollo had claimed him?... Artemis must have asked her brother to do so...

"Wow... So What's next Argen... We need a good way to get to Greece. Something tells me that a plane wouldn't be the smartest choice."

Hearing Lee's statement, Argen, who had pretty much forgotten about the quest, instantly felt his heart drop.

"Right... we are nowhere near Greece..." Argen finally realized as he stopped with Lee and Megan between them. "What do we do? According to the prophecy, we will need to find some objects or something..."

"Hey man." Lee, seeing Argen suddenly go quiet into deep thought, put a hand on his shoulder.

"Don't worry about it Argen We'll figure it out..." Lee said with a supportive thumbs-up as Argen sighed and nodded as they checked into a small motel.

A few hours later Megan was back on her feet and after a hearty meal, able to do magic again. "Don't expect me to waste all my magic again like that..." Megan said glancing over at the cheery Argen.

He had actually been worried about her, due to the fact he was technically the leader of this quest and such would be responsible for her injuries. He already felt guilty she had been hurt in the first place, but he was at least glad she hadn't died, that he wouldn't have been able to get over.

Megan was his first real friend besides Sam, and it was actually the same for her, though if he asked she would never admit to being friends with him. It was just too weird and embarrassing to admit to being friends with anyone.

It also sometimes made her cringe when he would say it out loud, causing her face to go deep crimson and usually ending in her punching him in the arm or something.

"Ok..." Argen finally said stopping his smile as his face went back to the normal expression he usually had. "We will need to find a way to get to Greece without a plane..." Argen finally said, he wasn't exactly sure, but seeing as none of the silver lines pointed upwards he doubted taking a plane was the smartest idea.

"Why don't you fly us there?" Megan asked suddenly making Argen cough out some water he had been sipping on. He knew she had seen him during the fight with La Llorona, but he didn't think she would remember so much. 'Oh no, I yelled out mother's name...' Argen's face went pale as he thought he was caught.

"I remember you floating at least... with that weird silver aura all over your body," Megan said as Argen let out a sigh of relief, it seemed Megan didn't actually remember all the events and only a select few. This would be fine then if he didn't need to tell them his secret.

"I can't, I still haven't gotten the hang of that... Apollo's blessing is hard to control" Argen said hoping to fool them that it was due to a gift from Apollo.

Now, Argen wasn't an idiot, and neither was anyone else, Chiron had actually already checked and Apollo had told him he was a woman when having Argen, throwing away any doubts from him.

This wasn't common knowledge, but it was predictable from the others. Anyone who had heard the legends or had seen Artemis during the winter Olympus visit knew she would never have a kid, much less a male.

This threw any doubts out the window, making all except Argen, who for some reason could just tell, not think too much about it.

This was helpful for Zeus, at least up to the point when Argen had shown he knew, now things were more complicated for the king of the gods...

"We'll figure something out... We can always take trains and boats until reaching Greece..." Lee suggested as he dug into a plate of Pancakes. Which had been delivered for dinner.

"Hm... Yeah, we can do that... Nice job Lee" Argen nodded ad the suggestion as he got up and threw his trash away and took out a piece of pizza before walking out of the motel room with the excuse of "Needing to train"

"Mother, thank you for giving birth to me and I hope to see you soon" Argen prayed as he there the pizza into a small fire he had made with a match and paper outside of the premises before going out back and practicing techniques with his knife and also maneuvers that Luke had taught him to do when fighting. He had told him it would make him a smaller target and give him greater attack speed and damage.

Luke often explained things like a video game, but it worked for Argen so he never complained about it. Though Argen had never played an actual video game, he knew most things from listening to classmates and Sam occasionally bringing a PSP for them to enjoy as he watched girls from afar.

"You're an assassin type build... so you should work on maneuvers and speed" Luke had said to Argen during the small week of training right after beating him to a pulp.

"Like… this?" Argen said aloud as he had one hand forward empty and ready to coy tee anything, as his back hand held his celestial Bronze dagger in a backhanded form.

Argen, completely focused on his form, lunged forward at the air. Visual training was what he was using, with no monsters or target in sight then this was the best he could do…

Argen was so focused he didn't notice the ravens flying over him and disappearing into a small portal in the sky...(A/N: Weird...)

"Who knew Artemis had a child…" A man was saying as the spirit of a ghost he'd lost returned to the underworld. Luckily lord hades hadn't noticed yet.

This man was one of the underworld council, doing this alongside the others, he'd been here since ancient Greek times.

"SHE also has a problem with not only Artemis...but Apollo too… should I risk it to get back at her?" The man asked himself as shadows of ghosts were spilling out of his own shadow. Almost like a dark aura covering him…

"This isn't too bad... the mist does wonders," Argen said softly as they sat down on the train out of the country, they could ride and switch a few trains and then go on a boat, and it would only take around 3 weeks to get to Greece.

Though Argen had no idea he was being watched during this entire trip... beings waiting for the perfect chance to strike...

8