Chapter 22
195 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Are you… Okay?... You haven't said anything" Megan asked as Argen and she were being driven through new york nearly a week later, a few days after Percy and his friends had gotten back.

Argen, dark circles under his eyes as he clutched the silver bow his mother… no… Artemis had allowed him to keep. "I'm fine Megan… Just tired… and sad about Lee…" Argen said as blood started dripping from his palms, only for a silver light to flash, healing it near instantly.

"It's Okay… Hey look on the bright side, we're back home now?" Megan said with a small sad smile trying to cheer Argen up.

'Home?...' Argen thought to himself as he looked up at the hill as the cab stopped and looked over in confusion. "You two sure this is where you need to be?" The driver asked as Argen waved his hand with a snap.

"There's a small house right over there… and your wife is sleeping with another man" Argen finished as he started walking up the hill with a shocked Megan. "Why'd you say that last part?" She asked just as they were nearing the top.

"He seemed a bit suspicious… we needed to get him out of here quickly," Argen said quickly just as they reached the top, overlooking the sunny camp they lived in.

'It looks… Much less cozy' Argen thought to himself seeing that the girl he'd seen on his first day. She wasn't there and the fire she had been stoking was out as well. 'Oh well,' He thought as they walked toward the big house, ignored by everyone as word of Percy Jackson's heroic deeds reached Argen's ears.

"Yeah, it seems he single-handedly saved us all!" A camper was talking to a few others. With it only being 4 days after Percy had returned, the hype was still around.

"Yeah, He even brought back the lightning bolt!"

'So he went on a quest?...' Argen thought to himself as they walked into the big house, plopping down the items they had gotten from the room in front of Chiron, who was seated at the table.

"Ah, Argen, Megan… where is Lee?" Chiron asked, making both flinch as his eyes filled with understanding.

"It's okay kids… you guys go back to your cabins and rest… you can tell me all about it later… Argen?" Chiron looked at Argen as he had started to walk away with the bow. "Don't you want to set that bow-"

"No… It's mine" Argen said as the bow dissolved into silver light, Then, nodding toward Chiron, he left to go inform the Apollo cabin of Lee's death… Chiron already started making plans for later to burn a shroud for Lee.

"He changed a lot… Before this, he smiled at least… He hasn't smiled… not once this week" Megan said with a sad undertone in her voice before leaving as well, taking the book they had gotten, only leaving the item meant for Lee… or at least related to him.

"Yeah… Lee… he was a good guy… saved me a bunch… Uh… yeah… It was my fault… I killed him…" Argen said in front of the burial shroud later that night. He had been holed up in his room, ignoring everyone, including Annabeth who he would usually trip over… a silly little crush was all it was.

Everyone looked at Argen in shock before they shook their heads, saying words like "It wasn't your fault" "Don't beat yourself up" "Who are you again"

After the small commotion, they burned the shroud and called it a night, they'd decided on the cabin counselor tomorrow, as tonight wasn't the best time.

"The moon... I hate that you still feel so nice... Haha... I'm just trash huh?" Argen said to himself as he was at the edge of the lake, looking up at the night sky, not caring if harpies came to devour him...

(Artemis and Argen's talk)

"Don't call me your mother... You mean nothing to me so that isn't appropriate…" Artemis said turning as she looked at the shocked Argen… Looking down at the boy, Artemis sighed inwardly as she didn't know what to do now.

They had a pact… with the one protecting Argen at the moment, to break it could mean another war… She'd need to work things out differently. She could kill him of course, but it wouldn't be smart as long as he was being shrouded.

"W-What?... What do you mean?" Argen said stumbling a bit as his throat felt dry. Swallowing dry, He waited for Artemi's response as she began pacing back and forth.

"Isn't it obvious… I left you alone for your entire life… I don't love you kid… and the fact you love me is... Rather sickening" Artemis said her eyes narrowing sharply as Argen stood frozen.

"H-Huh?... N-no… you just didn't know about me... Right? Now that you're here we can go see father and-" Argen stopped talking as he was blown off his feet, Artemis's own silver aura, known as Moon aura, slamming into him and causing him to fall to the ground.

"Don't ever mention that man again…" Artemis said then, breathing in, let Argen go from the pressure and turned around. "You may keep the bow… it was a gift from her anyway…" Artemis started walking toward the edge before Argen, eyes wide, looked up at her.

"Wait!... T-Then… Why was I even born?... If you hate me…" Argen asked almost desperately. Artemis, pausing mid step and looking back at Argen, no emotion shown on her face as she answered.

"You were a mistake… a simple accident… nothing more, Don't think you're special, no matter who mothered you, you're still a man just like the rest" With these words, Artemis dissolved into silver light, disappearing.

"A… A mistake…" Argen said as his hand gripped his shoulders, everything lost color as tears flowed down his face. "Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!" Argen yelled, crying as his moon energy exploded from within, breaking through the tree's around him.

"Argen?" Megtan came 20 minutes later to see Argen staring into the sky, tears couldn't fall anymore as he had no more to cry. "I… Am fine…" Argen replied as he stood up, swaying away toward the cliff, not caring about the destroyed landscape.

"I… Are you okay?" Megan asked stopping him with her hand only for it to be slapped away. "I… am perfectly fine… Let's go h… h… Home?" Argen said his face cringing as he continued, the color of everything was gone, just like a blank canvas with a black outline on everything...

"That bitch... Well If you don't want him then he's all mine right?" A woman said watching from above with a dreamy look on her face, staring at Argen as he walked away. 'All Mine~'

6