Chapter 27
144 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"His name is Tantalus..." Argen's cabin mates were muttering around dinner time, knowing that Argen's adoptive father was in fact Chiron, at least legally.

"Yeah? So what?" Argen said smirking as he looked at Travis Stoll, putting a thumbs up as the boy nodded and walked over toward the table where Tantalous and Mr. D were sitting.

Argen had already had a fulfilling night, Percy had gotten laughed at and embarrassed when it was revealed that Tyson, a Cyclops, was his brother, even being claims by Poseidon, the ultimate embarrassment.

"Hello Sir, As a welcome gift here, Me and the Apollo cabin have made a large basket full of our favorite foods, please enjoy," Travis Stoll said loud enough for everyone to hear as the Apollo cabin looked over at Argen, who nodded as Tantalus smiled and nodded, waving the "Polite" young boy away.

"I must say that this is a nice way to be..." Tantalus's words stopped as he saw the contents of the bag, expired food mixed with Centaur's blood, a very painful thing, almost like acid.

"Haha... A clever prank... Except I can't touch this "Food"... Nice try gentleman but-" tantalus stopped once again as the food flew straight into his mouth, causing him to widen his eyes as the Hermes and Apollo cabins burst out laughing.

"This is what the reverse spell was for?" Megan asked chuckling as Tantalus jumped up and clutched his throat, the centaur blood burning his ghostly insides.

"Yep, Tantalus has all food run away from him, but with the reverse spell" Argen started to smirk as he heard the sounds of the ghostly man finished with the pain and look up, glaring at the tables causing their laughter to cease.

"You all think that's funny, do you?... Well, NO DINNER FOR ANY OF YOU! HERMES AND APOLLO CABINS GET NONE HAHAHAHAHAHA! WHO'S LAUGHING NOW!"

Everyone was silent at the outburst as the Hermes and Apollo cabin's hearts dropped, thinking they would never get food again, though most of the Hermes cabin was already planning on stealing it in some way.

"Pft... Who said?" Argen suddenly said standing up chuckling as he looked at his new camp adviser. Sure, Chiron was on the God's side, that didn't mean he had to like this guy, a slave to the gods either way.

"W-What? I did of course" Tantalus responded, not liking Argen's tone.

"Okay... Let's say theoretically I listen to you... What would even be the reason, a ghost who wants to eat taking his anger out on a bunch of kids... And you want respect yeah right" Argen shrugged as he left, noticing that Mr. D didn't care in the slightest about his words.

'I guess a small amount of petty revenge is enough...' Argen thought as everyone settled down and recieved news of them having a chariot race, an event that had been cancelled since forever due to the danger.

So, with this news and Tantalus's annoyance, everyone sang and went to bed happily... well except Percy who was annoyed at his father for claiming Tyson, basically ruining any rep he had at camp.

...

"Well I can striked them all down, michael you just need to drive... Are you sure you can do this? I can always get one of the other idiots" Argen was saying as they were looking at their chariot, somethign they had all had a hand in making over the winter out of respect for their father Apollo.

The shiny glowing yellow chariot was perfect for a normal chariot race, but knowing Tnatalus, and also Percy being in the race, there was no way this race would be normal.

"I got it... Though I am nervous... Like... All the other cabins are strong... What are we gonna do?" Michael asked causing Argen to smirk just as a blonde girl passed by.

"Clarisse!" Argen called out causing the tall blonde to stop and look at him with a small glare, already annoyed at whatever he would say.

"What is it?" She asked, this was huge progress in Argens mind. Hell if he had done this only a few months ago he would have surely found his head in a toilet shortly after.

"How about an alliance? You don't like Poseidon cabin nor the Athena cabin, and with two of them teaming up they'll probably win, But if we team up~" Argen smiled as he saw the small rise in Clarisse's shoulder at the idea.

"What's in it for me?" She asked, trying to not agree so early as Argen put a hand on his chin, fegining thought as he snapped his fingers.

"You can have a free ticket to make me do whatever you want" Argen said with a smile as Clarisse blinked hearing his words.

"Whatever I want?... What would I need with... Ugh Okay fine, Just leave me alone already!" Clarisse finally agreed and left with a stomp as a mischevious smile appeared on Argen's face, only to dissapear the next second.

"Wow... I've never seen her agree to something like this with anyone, What's you secret Argen!" Michael yelled a bit too loud as he looked at Argen, his eyes practically sparkling as the silver haired boy chuckled and did a key lock motion before going back to talking about the chariot, a lot would need to be done to prepare for this weeks chariot race.

...

"I... AM SO TIRED" Argen yelled out flopping down next to Megan, whio he hadn't talked to for a day now. The girl didn't have any other friends, so she had simply been alone all day, not that Argen had noticed, nor had he noticed her strange behavior when greeting him.

"Oh? Are you tired?" Megan asked perking up slightly as Argen thought about it and shrugged.

"Not exactly tired... More like exhausted!" Argen yelled out again as Megan punched him in the arm, getting over her small bout of sadness.

"Stop yelling already!" She yelled as Argen smiled and nodded before laying down across the girls lap before she could say anything. "You're too spoiled..." Megan said as she looked around and rolled her eyes before stroking his hair like she usually did.

"Yeah well, I guess that's what happen when people spoil me" Argen said with a teasing smile as he looked up into Megan's eyes, an awkward silence falling between them that Argen couldn't quite place.

"Uh... You stopped" Argen said with a confused undertone as he looked at her hand that had been stroking his hair, only for it to drop down to his face, causing the boy to get even more confused.

"Megan you alright?" Argen asked as he looked back up only to see Megan's face an inch away from his, causing him to widen his eyes and blast up into the air. "What the hell!?" He asked, his eyes wide as he landed and looked at the daughter of Hecate staring at him...

3