Chapter 37
111 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Why... Why Why Why Why Why Why Why!

My father... there was so much I had forgotten... He'd even sold me to the neighbor once for a few days worth of Cocaine... She had had a... fulfilling time with me to say the least.

She'd done anything she wanted as I cried there, she'd... I didn't want to remember this...

"Please... Let it stop" I managed to choke out as the memories finally ended.

"Hm? Well, it seems you passed this time right? Well good luck in you-" Kym, what the Leviathan pretending to be an older me had called her, started to say before I hugged her tightly.

I could feel the surprise, then anger, then confusion, and finally... Understanding as she felt them. Maybe it was an Artemis thing or something... I didn't really care at the moment.

"I guess your parents aren't all that great huh kid?" Kym said after a few minutes of letting me hug her.

"Well... I say fuck them, Be your own person, I never let my father define me" Kym said, probably to cheer me up or something.

After a few more minutes of silence, I let go, only for my consciousness to be thrown back into the Leviathan.

"Congratulations, Onto the next trial then," The voice, which I believed to be the Leviathan said as I ended up back in front of the three paths, except one of the paths was glowing now.

I still remembered everything, the pain, and hate I felt when I was a kid... How had I just... sealed it away?

Getting up I breathed out in relief... I was done with one of them... Only 2 more... then I can see... Uh... See... Clarisse? Yeah, Clarisse.

Wobbling toward the right path I stumbled in, I felt weak but... At least the memory was over.

"You aren't done" The Leviathan's voice rang in my ears as I looked up.

My surroundings changed again, except this time I was kneeling on the floor, a pressure forcing me to bow my head in front of a woman.

"Useless Trash... How dare you have the courage to say you're my son... I should kill you"

Artemis said looking down on me.

"My son? Pfft, Seems I wasn't hard enough on you boy?" My father said, holding a beet bottle and sneering down on me.

"What should you do? Their words are important, right? I mean they're your parents, meaning you need to be in their image" The leviathan said as I gritted my teeth, my eyes glowing as my moon aura burst forward, tearing this image to shreds.

I had always dreamed of them being together, but lately... I think that's changed. Seeing them together made me pissed off, it was even worse than when they are on their own.

"Raging at your problems? What a stupid way to try and win, How do you get rid of your problems if you just rage and cry at every corner?"

"Shut up," I said, all the pain from earlier turning to rage as I used my moon aura to tear the surroundings, only for them to come back perfectly.

"Ahhh!" I yelled slamming more into my make-believe parents, my anger boiling.

"Stop" My hand was caught by the older mez who had an annoyed look as I was again pushed into the grass, kneeling in front of my parents.

"If... If I'm being honest... I don't even care about your words..." I said quietly, getting ready to be sent out and have to restart.

"Wow... That was pretty quick... I'm surprised you admitted that... The last one is the hardest though... Mental games sure are fun, take a rest, Otherwise, your brain might melt from the trials you've done today..."

With these words I woke back up, staring at a starry sky. Kym was staring at the stars from the cliff, a smile I had never seen since meeting her upon her face.

"Wow..." I said looking at the sky and drawing her attention. Seeing me awake and sitting up her expression continued to remain neutral, at least I got somewhat of a reaction?

"Oh... I see you are done... How was it..." Kym asked staring down at the ocean now as I stood up, walking next to her.

"It hurt... A lot..."

The silence filled the air before Kym looked at me again, a curious look in her eyes.

"What did you have to see?..." She asked, perhaps noticing my still shaking hands.

After a few more minutes of silence, I looked back at her, my eyes shaking as I managed to let it out.

"Uh... well I relived a year or two of my father's abuse and mental trauma he gave me... and then I had to see my mother who... Who said I'm simply a mistake... not to mention I had to relive all the times I was sexually abused... but hey that's just normal for kids right?" I said trying to laugh it off as the memories resurfaced, I think I liked it better when these were gone.

Kym was silent as we looked up at the stars before I heard a reluctant sigh and a hand placed on my head.

"It's gonna be alright... At least the worst of it is over right?..." Silence ensued again before she sighed, a sad look on her face.

"I was thrown out of my family because of them not being comfortable with my divinity... I was then married off to a hundred-handed one... While he had been gone I've been sexually assaulted as well... though I call it rape... Though these are just godly things... Haha... Not that my husband would care, and I don't care about him either"

Hearing Kym's words were... enlightening?... Sad? I don't know, I couldn't really feel much... but I do admit... Maybe there are people out there with worse lives than me.

An immortal goddess getting raped?... I almost wanted to ask, but the glowing hand mark on her neck and her tear-brimmed eyes stopped me...

"Well like you said before right?... The worst of it is over..."

And with that we stayed silent for the rest of the time until morning... time for my final trial, then to get back to the quest... it's been at least 24 hours... Though... Who did I want to be okay again?

1