V2C7 – Vicious Gale Sino and Allied Fights
3k 9 84
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Wahahaha! Who has unsealed the superior wind spirit, Sino of the [Vicious Gale]. Ho? Are you my master? To think that my master is such a cute girl...these long years of waiting were worth it after all!!!"

"...what!?"

While floating in midair, much like Yoru did...the androgynous self-proclaimed 'spirit' said boomingly. Though androgynous, the voice was high and soft and the body had a childlike figure, she was a youjo (little girl) that could pass for a young boy. With my mana enhanced eyes, I saw her entire body was comprised of mana and Yoru probably perceived the same thing.

"That is impossible, mana on its own...? No, it has a will...is this a spirit?"

"What are you talking about?"

"Who are you!?"

"I believe I have already introduced myself. [Vicious Gale] Sino the wind spirit, at your service master."

"Let's take a step back...you're a wind spirit?"

"Yes."

"Yoru...spirits don't exist in this world..."

"I know."

"Does that mean you're from [Orvinus]?"

"Hm? Obviously...is this not [Orvinus]? It is strange that there is no natural mana in the air..."

"This is not the world of [Orvinus], this is Earth. Have you heard of it?"

"Never heard. But how did I leave [Orvinus], that would take some serious spacetime magic."

"The ring you came out of was brought to me by some heroes from [Orvinus]. Do you know them?"

"I didn't interact with humans much so no..."

"What about the [Demon Lord]?"

"I don't know."

I held back the urge to call her useless.

"Why were you in that ring?"

"Well you see, a while ago, maybe a couple of hundred years...I was sealed by a human wizard into that ring."

"I see..."

The ring must've been passed around until landing in the hero's hands. Also, a couple of hundred years? Spirit time and human time are on a different dimension! 

"Since then, the atmosphere's mana was gradually breaking the seal but it took a couple of hundred years earlier than expected because of my master's mana."

The ring only activates when the required mana is taken all at once, and since Aki had that amount stocked up, she was able to unseal Sino. It didn't work for Ayame since she didn't have nearly as much mana as Aki had.

"So, what is this 'master' business all about?"

"I made a promise to myself that whoever freed me from the seal would be my master."

"Why?"

"It seemed like an interesting thing to do!"

"Spirits are very laid-back I see..."

"Now my master, what is your name?"

"Aki..."

"Aki-sama then. I, the [Vicious Gale] Sino, will aid you with all my being."

"Then, what can you do?"

"Well, I'm a wind spirit so I can manipulate the wind pretty well."

"Okay, and?"

"That's it."

"Oh...uh, I guess we can fight together against [Curses] then..."

"Hmm? Are we fighting together Aki-sama? Are you a warrior?"

"One of Earth's warriors. They're called [Magical Girls]."

"I understand it now. So, if you need my powers in battle, we should establish a [Contract]."

"[Contract]?"

"Yes, a [Contract]. It'll connect our minds such that we can telepathically communicate from long distances and share some powers."

"Sounds convenient, is there a catch?"

"No drawbacks, the [Contract] can be broken off when you want to. It would be different for a demon since they like making weird conditions, but trust me since I'm a great wind spirit!!!"

Her energetic attitude was easy to follow along with making me want to do it. By the way, to describe her more, she has droopy white hair and emerald green eyes. The mana that is her being is willed into this shape with light clothes...

"Then, with both of our consent. Let the [Contract] be made...done."

"Huh? That was fast."

"Spirits are also known for making contracts and sharing power...its one of our special properties, to bless others."

"Interesting."

I tried sending a telepathic message,

test

Oh? It's working Aki-sama.

It feels weird but I think I can get used to it

Yoru,

"Guys, it's really weird when you just stare into the other's eyes."

"...we know that it works now so let's only use it when necessary."

"Roger that."

"Uh, Sino-san we'll test your powers when we need to fight."

"Make it Sino, and alright."

"Okay Sino...do good work under me?"

"Yes!"

I breathed a sigh of relief and then shot straight back up.

"Oh uh...Sino, don't let this surprise you okay?"

"Sure."

[Transform]

"Eh!? You're a boy?"

"That's how it is."

"Hm...what kind of transformation magic did you use...very intriguing."

"Ehehe...keep it a secret~"


Hero Party and Ai:

"I want to see you guys in action!"

"Well, we want to see you fighting [Curses] too."

Ai and the group roamed together while looking for [Curses] to slay after the attack on the school and Ai learning of [Orvinus]'s heroes. Even if Ai couldn't tell anyone about their identities, she could still watch them work. Fila who had been traveling silently behind memorized most of the magic formations on the heroes, not like it has a use for them though. 

"What even are [Focals] Nakano-san?"

"I don't know...I asked Fila but they won't talk."

"Then let's make it talk!"

"Tatsumi!"

Yui held back Tatsumi's idiocy. Soon after, Rino and Fila noticed something and but only Rino spoke up,

"[Curses] are over there."

"Let's go!"

They ran quickly through the streets with [Physical Enhancement] to an abandoned warehouse. The murky air ruminated glumly as the heroes and Ai paced into it.

"This sure is a creepy spot..."

"Grrrrr..."

"Watch out, [Ice Spear]."

A long spear of ice shot and cut into the oncoming wolf [Curse]. Ai manifested her spear and readied [Void Point] at its end.

[Light]

Ryosuke cast a simple spell to produce more light for visibility. Now, in their view, a horde of [Curses] could be seen.

"I guess we should get a little serious..."

[Heavenly Armament]

Ryosuke called upon his blessing, summoning a chest plate and sword of pearly hue and shining energy.

[Physical Enhancement]

Everyone prepared...Tatsumi,

[Mana Armor]

"I'm going in!"

"Ou."

With Tatsumi's limbs covered in a thick layer of mana, he smashed the [Curses] at frightening and unnatural speeds.

"Ora, ora!"

[Increase Strength]
[Increase Speed]

Various buffs were applied by Satomi and Yui fired off multiple [Fireballs] to burn and detonate on [Curses] with her scepter.

[Water Blade]

Ayame struck horizontally in a beautiful maneuver at the approaching human [Curse]. The head was sliced clean off. Ayame, as a magical swordsman proficient in both elemental magic and swordsmanship, is a close-combat fighter of the hero party like Tatsumi and Ryosuke. Rino and Ai were also in the thick of it, slashing the monsters violently and dispersing them to nothing. After a quick session of completely annihilating the [Curses]...

"That was amazing Ai...to think you can keep up with us. That [Void Point] sure is something, I wonder if it's like a spell..."

"I don't think that that's the case but you guys were amazing too for not even being [Magical Girls]. I guess heroes from another world have to be at least this strong. Anyways, this [Curse] subjugation speed would probably be unmatched by most."

"Most?"

"Well, there are a lot of great [Magical Girls] too you know? I've met a few...the [Ethereal Princess of Darkness Aki], the [Bloody Wall of Might Nodoka (Yanagi)], the [Iron Empress of Blades Kaede (Takeda)], etc. Those are just in Japan, there are even more outside this nation."

"I see, well I sure hope we can befriend them one day. After this Vetheris business is over with."

"You said it."

Ai smiled back to them dreamily and their little [Curse] take-down finished with that.


[Demon Lord] Vetheris:

"When I finish constructing this formula here...the heroes will be powerless before me. The great [Demon Lord] Vetheris will have you pay..."

"..."

84