V5C1 – Recrudesce
1.9k 7 46
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Akito POV:

I breathed in the fresh Earthen air... never mind it's not that good. At least, compared to [Orvinus] whose technological level pales to ours. I watch the sky gradients mellow in the set...

Anyways, if we got the times right, the school for today should've just ended (~2.5 weeks passed in [Orvinus] same time difference). And according to the heroes who had been through this process before, no one will care about our disappearance. We missed the aquarium trip too, though we already experienced a lot of it. On another note, the heroes had their uniforms fixed with magic. There really is a spell for everything, presumably made by the Gods.

"Hey, we should throw a party or something! This is a big achievement!"

"No thanks."

I replied almost instantly, surprisingly doubled by some extra voice. To start, my reasoning is this: I need alone time to recharge! Extroverts are the bane of me gyah. Well, that's a bit overdramatic--I also, don't feel in the mood for celebrating. I don't know why exactly. Anyways, the one who also denied was Rino. I guess she wants to go to her sister huh...the scene of blood tickles my brain. It's all past now...

"Alright then, some time later. Bye, everyone, we did fine work."

Ryosuke, we did. Am I a bit closer to them now...that was a pointless question.

"See ya tomorrow!"

An unbelievable event marks its end, leaving trails behind, docking into a dungeon.

That night I slept soundly in my own bed, but I probably should've caught up on the weeks of homework missed. Cut me some slack! Yoru seems really busy lately, I wonder why that is...likely trivial. Anyways, I'll make something to eat tomorrow...I'm craving a more sophisticated flavor. And my art commissions...well, those will get back on track in time. Goodnight. Oh yeah, and the [Magical Girl] grind--got to get back on that. This time for real, goodnight.


Walking down the same lonely street in the groggy morn, I sway with my note-filled bag and a blank expression. Unbecoming right now I'd describe it...

I walked into the main building and up to the second floor for the school experience mechanism to begin rolling. I entered the buzzing room, unnoticed. Though I talk to the pinnacles of social hierarchy in class often, my own standing can't be elevated as drastically too (quickly). No matter how you try to polish a stone, it's still a stone. It's a bad habit for me to undervalue myself--changing gears...

"Oh! Harada-kun is here!"

Her voice is energetic, today's Ai Nakano. Despite the crowd around her desk, she explicitly went out of her way to greet me (to their dismay). I am her neighboring seat partner after all. Soon after, I'm greeted by the rest starting with Ayame who came over. Slowly, thoughts of [Orvinus] chipped away from my mind in this daily slice of life. The one I protected. Warmth clenched my chest and I rolled my uncut hair above my eyes...

"Get to your seats!"

Our teacher bumbles in, same as always. My mind is wandering but soon snaps back when he clears his throat too hard.

"AHEM...today we have a new transfer student."

At this time of year? Wait, isn't this a pretty exhausted scenario in light novels!? Something is definitely up with this new one!

A girl with medium-length blonde hair enters. Crimson eyes like rubies, and pale white skin as a canvas. She's as cute as a doll and emanates the dignity of some wealthy ojou-sama. Yoru reacts, expectedly. Alright...now what are we dealing with here?

"I'm Chiho Hoshikawa. My family is from England and I moved to Japan because of the culture (:o)."

It was an introduction that left many secrets and questions, spoken in native-level Japanese. That didn't bug me as much as:

[Magic-Based Physical Enhancement Formation: 100%-eyes]

My mana is still low and regenerating from [Teleportation], but the new capacity from the [Cursed One] is working wonders. Straining my eyes through the memorized formations is also becoming easier,

"...this is, curious."

I recognize the pattern of savage mana oscillating about her, a vampire, like Airi. I should've known from blonde hair and red eyes! Still, what's a vampire doing at this school? Yoru, giving me privileged information, shared that they were mysterious existences being detained and researched by the world governments (confidential). Hey, there's one right here, living a normal human life! It's very moving and interesting, but of course, I won't do anything about it. Well, what can I say except," Oh cool." !?

"Alright, why don't you sit next to Watanabe-kun over there?"

Keito, that guy...be careful! He shouldn't remember anything though from when he was messed with by Vetheris! Chiho walked gracefully to the edge of the class and soon sat in the designated seat. It stole the moments in my mind for a second, but I soon turned my attention to the other unexciting announcements. Like a passing wind, or something foretelling she was. 


Sit in class, passing period, sit in class, passing period...the day goes on, but I endure. Currently, I'm walking to the next class from English. [Language Comprehension] cheat nice. Anyways, I was walking with Sato until recently...but then he got the runs and had to run. While thinking stupid things,

*whap*

I walk into another person. What am I doing! Papers float down to the floor in a messy arrangement after the impact, seriously, don't carry loose papers around miss! Reexamining the girl's face, I recognize it as Chiho Hoshikawa, the transfer student vampire. Don't vampires have enhanced senses or reflexes?

"Sorry about that, I wasn't paying attention."

"No, it was...mutual."

Her voice became timid.

"Here, I'll help with..."

"No, it's okay. I'll deal with it."

Her last words sounded a bit weird to me, my imagination?

"No no, it's no trouble at all...here."

I begin piling up the papers in a neat stack while she stood there spacing out. Are you that troubled by my offering? Uh, sorry? I end up collecting the entirety of what was dropped and put it back in her taken arms. Her eyes regained some color...

*bam*

She dropped what I had just collected again onto the floor, are you serious. But, for that, she had moved her arms to grasp a tight clamp on my uniform collar.

"It didn't work...a-are you the one?"

She asked both menacingly and uncertainly.

"...I don't know what you'r--"

"Hey, you two!"

A guard comes up to us and Chiho quickly removes her grasp.

"Get to class!"

"Yessir!"

We respond equally, but her face says otherwise. We rush to leave...I did so after helping her pick up papers for the second time. We parted without words. What's with her...something troublesome no doubt, or so I thought looking back.

46