Chapter 1: I became the Strongest Man
1.3k 5 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

'Damn how did I get here? Has the world really abandoned me?'

Sitting on the couch, a man was cursing in his mind. He had long blonde hair which covered his face but his deep scary eyes couldn't be hidden. On his face was a long scar running from his forehead to his jaws giving him a frightening look.

Yes! It was the S-class hero King!

But now he has already become a different person. It was during one of his matches in the newly released Fight!Fight!Barbie! that he accidentally fell on the floor while playing and hit his head. When he woke up again, a new 21st century soul had already passed through and combined with his soul and regained new memories.

He realized that this was the world of One-Punch Man and he was the hero King. But the thing was that it was one of the most terrible worlds he could have been to and he had become the most cowardly character! 

The One-punch man world not only had to face attack of different monsters and catastrophes everyday but the power levels were really messed up. A world where you could meet a villain suffering from eight-great syndrome preaching about cleansing the world of Dragon-level destroying the cities K.O.ed by Saitama in one punch.  

'At least let me be in a peaceful world.' King grabbed his head in misery. 'Wait. One piece, Dbz, Naruto. The hell! Isn't the future of all our fellow transmigrators black?'

If I remember correctly,

"System?"

"Interface?"

"Linko Starto."

"..."

'Damn don't I even have a cheat?!'

................................................................................................................

After a few days, King had already adapted to his lifestyle in the world. There wasn't much issue as he didn't suddenly become a new person. He played games whole noon, read some comics at night, slept at 4 or 5'0 and woke at late morning. For food, he had already found cupnoodles to eat. Yes it was life of a complete otaku. However it was not much different from his earlier life. If one thing, he now liked playing with Nanami-chan instead of Masaki-chan in Fight!Fight!Barbie!

But he already had figured some things out. It was still almost two years before the timeline of the beginning of the main story. Saitama had just begun training for one year and was unware of the future state of his hair. Right now, it hadn't been much time for King to join the Hero Association and he was A-class rank 32 hero. In his memory, this ranking was also due to so-called-defeating tiger and one demon threat level monster. He remembered that he always fainted on the scenes but when he woke up, these monsters would be killed. King might not know before but now he knows that it was nothing but our one of the most iconic protagonist, Saitama!

Now that he knows the future, should he use his advanced knowledge to conquer the world, reach the top and achieve the pinnacle of life? 

Pooh! Never!

Even if he remembers the future, it only makes the world much more terrifying for him. He knows how much future trouble would be there. Demon-class monster would be wandering in the streets like mosquitoes in the future. Even many Dragon threat level monsters would be seen often and the situation would get more and more troublesome in the future even after defeat of Monster Association. 

And what top of the world? Is his future knowledge any useful? Could he defeat Vaccine-man with this knowledge? Could he stand a chance in front of Orochi with this? If anything, he could earn a reputation by predicting disasters like that old woman of the Association and then die after choking on his own saliva. 

But what if he could become stronger? Maybe after arduous training, he would unleash his potential and achieve a higher rank?

Just kidding. Who wants to be higher ranked? Isn't this bringing troubles to yourself? Who doesn't believe that some madmen would come to him theirselves to test their power or slay him to be famous?

His life is fine now. Eat, sleep and play games everyday. Association would keep sending money every month. If he keep being low-key, wouldn't he be able to pass the future crises easily?

 "Yes the plan is perfect." King was relieved.

Brring-brring

'Phone call?' King went and answered the call.

"Hello?" King said in his deep voice.

"Hello. King, sir. This is Hero association. We would-"

Thump.

King directly hanged the phone in cold sweat without hearing what the lady was saying.

What the heck?

Aren't I just a A-class hero?

Why are you coming to my door yourself?

Did I really had some enmity with you in my past life that you would want to directly send me to my grave now?

 Brring-brring.

Should I answer or not?

Brring-brring.

Lets just make some excuse.

"Hello."

"Hello, sir King?"

"Yes, I was in middle of the battle."

"Ah. I am sor-"

"No it has already ended now."

"So sorry, sir King. But can you got to city A to support some-"

"I am already in the way to city S so I wouldn't be able to complete the task"

Thump.

'Haah. Somehow deceived the lady. Now I would better stay in the city S whole day or else they come to my home. Anyway I had to buy some new games.'

King also became aware of a new problem. Whatever he wants to says would automatically become harsh and tough when leaving his mouth. Maybe it was the original personality affecting or something else.

'Whatever. Lets go shopping~'

 

In Hero Association  

"Really the most powerful newcomer." A woman operator said while having an admiring expression on her face. "Even if he is a newly promoted A-class hero, he immediately goes to confront a Demon threat level monster in the S city even after having an option of facing a tiger-class monster. Is this because he wants to protect the citizens even if it means his death? This is a true hero!" 

 King didn't know that he became idol of one more person.

 

 

 

 

40