Prologue Part 3
109 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The time flew when you are focused on something... or so they said.

It took me nearly a hundred of thousand times to get a cheat, and it was only by sheer luck, as many would expect the only one that I managed to beat was the avatar of the lucky box cheat.

The last fight was... onesided. Out of the many things I learned while fighting him is that I need to strike fast and hard, not letting him get the first box or pick whatever thing that got from it, but this time, thanks to a slipe, crashing with him qnd taking it by surprise, thanks to using a shortsword I finished hin with a stab on his neck.

Observing him I got to see ehat thing he got, three potions, the pink one is a life potion and the two bright red ones areprobably a buffing type, but I don't know the specific thing they do... at least even If he managed to dodge my body slam, he couldn't do many things with that.

"Congratulations on passing this trial!" Said Hachi with a smile on her face after I was teleported to the reception.

'Who is Hachi?', I can already hear that question asked by everyone that hear that, she is the receptionist and her name is Cheat Guide number 8, in short Hachi... don't judge me, I do like japaness novels and more, but I didn't named her like that, it was a japanes lost soul that started to call her like that and she liked the sound of that as a nickname.

"Would you like to keep this cheat or you would like to try the other ones?"

"I will keep this one"

I will be crazy if I want another cheat, I saw many overpowered things that you could do with this cheat. Sometimes it took the form of another and kill me with an ability, an example was the time when he took the appearance of a giant dragon and roasted me to dust... literally to dust.

There were many times I was roasted, encased on ice, with severed parts, fight against an army, being thrown potions that melted me alive, poisoned, devoured, controled, etc. But I always ended alive in the reception thanks to my brain made indestructible, until my brain cells are destroyed I will be virtually immortal, or so Hachi said, the thing is that my very veing is made of those cells, and the knowledge and personality can be reproduced but that tecnology is really advanced AND costly, if you can't control a certain type of energy it's better to forget trying to create another you because you will end with clones, and they are different because they will never think the exact same thing as you, they are another person, even with your memories.

Enought with sidetracking, the other two doesn't have that luck factor so they will take countless of tries to clear their trial to get their cheat and aren't as strong as the lucky box.

"Now then good night"

Then the darkness had come.

When I was awake I was forced to conquer worlds in the name of the omnigod...

...

...

Just kidding, nothing like that was true, when I was awake Hachi told me that this day was really something special, a fragment of the omnigod will come to see how is progresing this place and if I got in his good side I can get something extra as he is know as very generous, also I wasn't the only one who finished his trial, another one ended at the same time as I ended mine.

Then I was taken to a waiting room and some minutes later two people enter the room, a female and a male, both of them seem rather akward trying to even sit on the chairs.

The male have a short silver hair and gold eyes, with a young face, a black short jacket that couldn't close... I think they are called open jacket, a dark red shirt, dark and red fingerless gloves, dark blue pants with a chain... in short, a kinda cool set... except for a lantern he is holding... it breaks the style.

The female have a platinum blond hair in a high pony tail style and blue eyes and is using an armor with red and black scales, it seems easy to move and not bulky,  there is also a red and dark spiked crown and a sword and shield.

Some minutes later with a really akward silence I tried to start a conversation to pass the time.

"Hi, my name is Alex, what are yours"

They both turned to the left, then the male turned to me and both said.

"I... erm, we are sorry but we aren't in the mood to talk right now"

After some minutes out of boredoom I was messing with my cheat, and there are three types of categories that I could get, the cosmetic box, containing any cosmetic that I could get, from form changers, like an potion that will let me have the form of a goddess of beauty, pretty usefull if I want to try and seduce someone at the cost of my integrity, to some "skins" to use on weapons and armors.

Next is the temporal category, that can give me 10 items with time limit or uses, I can buy boxes for consumables, weapons, cheats and more.

And the "premium" box that have three items without limited uses or time, so it doesn't contain consumables like potions and bombs.

While I was letting run wild my imagination wondering how much time It would take to me to get in a state were I could fight against an army spaming meteors and invoking countless of monsters, because in the temporal section there is a section called contracts that will let me summon from normal humans to divine entities to use as pets, servants and slaves... ehem... stay focused Alex...

Anyways, right now someone entered the room, it's a female... no, it's a kid arround 13 years old, long blond hair and a pink eyes... no, green... not that... sky blue? wait, her eyes change the color periodically, lets call them rainbow eyes.

"Well, this is pretty interesting, I'm the fragment of wisdom, you can call me whathever you want, why don't you two introduce before we start with the talk? first start with your name and your cheat"

It bugs me why she said two instead of three but it's better not to ask... first I will introduce myself.

"My name is Alex and my cheat is lucky box"

After saying that... as espected, wisdom is smiling, you can't judge wisdom by it's appearance, but by actions... while the other two are giving me an strange look they are awaken by a clap by wisdom.

"Do we need to tell our name?"

Said the pair with a perfect coordination... impressive.

"Yes, I want to know you better, that's why"

"Ok... our name is David and our cheat is Kindred soul sub game char"

"That is pretty impressive, you two are very blessed to be able to get those two cheats, so... what do you think about this place?"

"It's hell... this place is whrenched and cursed I more than a century trying to get a cheat and you wouldn't let us get out without a cheat or until our very existence and will is destroyed and discarded"

"Well, I'm sorry for doing it so forcefully but I couldn't let too many people really losing their lives without a help, and the probability of losing someone like that is almost zero... or better said, only 14 people have really died here, and this place had been active for nearly 500 d-cicles"

"Do, why the trial? you could really just give the cheat and let us be"

"You know, doing that is the wrong way to do it, because not everyone would be able to effectively use their cheat in another world, this is reallity not a novel, so when someone that isn't used to fights end dying even with a cheat with fighting techniques, it's the same as not giving anything, instead I used the trial to let others see how really it's used and train them on fighting with the guides"

Well, she is right, the avatar of the rosethorn style trained me... literally trained me, on the first fight against her she asked me if I know how to fight after trying to pittyfully trying to strike her with the spear I had, and teached me how to use the sword, bow and spear in a basic level and told me to train it until I could get a cheat... then she killed me. Also Hachi teached me how to fight and gives me some tips everytime I "died"... maybe that is her true work.

"Well I have decided, I will train you two, while I will go and prepare a place were you two will train to get accostumed to your cheat, why don't you two try to know you better? you two will be here a long tine so getting a friend to talk will be the best"

After saying that she left this place.

"So... David right? what is really your cheat, I'm pretty curious"

"My cheat is called kindred soul, it lets me have two bodies and live in the two, the game char type means that the bodies belongs to games"

"If you can have two bodies and those two belongs to different games, you could get a really powerfull combo if you get the right ones"

"In theory... I don't know really know to use two bodies at the same time, so every thing I try to do something with one body the other body do the same, it's really hard not try to grab the wall while i try to open a door, and your cheat, what does it do?"

"Mine let me buy boxes with random things, from cheats to potions and even let me change forms"

"It's really a strange cheat, it is worth?"

"It is, I won against the avatar by sheer luck but the other two were harder to beat thanks to need skill instead of luck"

"I managed to clear 30 different cheats before I managed to get this one, the rest were mostly D and C rank cheats that weren't really worth to take"

We started to talk about what were our trials, how many times we failed and a bit of our world, his world is the same type as mine,but with differences, mainly who did the important thing... the rest? was the same.

3