So Close Yet so Far
18 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Good morning!” she waved cheerfully and dash into my arms and let go before I pulled her closer. She’s not aware of it but she brightened up my day. The love of my life who sees me as nothing more than a childhood friend.

When the evening comes, my heart ached as she says goodnight, because all I wanted her to do is look into my heart. And I can’t do anything other than discreetly reached for her hair that slips through my fingers like silk. My mind always tells me to go get her. Go confess but I’m afraid to scare her away. 

Looking up at the dark sky and whisper her name into the stars was everything my hopeless love can do, hoping that the wind will carry my voice to her room. Make her feel what I think she can’t see. But I guess twenty-seven years of pent-up emotion reach its limit. As we celebrated her twenty-fifth birthday I blurted it out in front of everyone “That’s so much like you” as Boy Meets Girl’s Waiting for a Star to Fall played.

“What?” she asked, confuse.

“You’re like a star, shining brightly, so close yet so far, and I can only love from afar.”

The visitors all whistled and hooted. They teased her. Her best friend clearly said, “And you thought you’re the only one who’s in love.”

I looked at her. She was red all the way to her ears as she ran off.

I chased her and stopped when she turned back. Her face is a woman in love. She jumped into my arms where she belongs and swayed with me for the rest of the song.  


Thanks for reading! Please share your thoughts. If you like this story, consider following me for more. You can also find me on Instagram @jessiewinterspring

0