03: First contact
215 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

She stopped her feeding on the Human and stood up and watched the dead body with her cold eyes.

*I killed a human and don´t feel guilty about that? And I have the urge to drink blood? That is strange....*

She tries to feel her pulse.

*I don´t have a pulse and I don't breathe either. It seems, that I am really a monster, but how did this human know it?*

She walks to the river and looks into it to watch her mirror image.

*Great my eyes look like that of a monster and my teeth are really sharp and pointy and I have fangs, too? I think I´m some kind of Vampire... Great that means I have to drink human blood for the rest of my life, or better to say existence, just to survive.*

She sits down at the riverbank and watched the river flow past her.

*I wonder if I can survive with animal blood because if I hunt humans, they will inevitably hunt me and try to kill me and I don´t want to die, even if my situation is not quite the best.*

*Mhmmm, if I think about it, I feel like I got stronger after drinking the blood of that human. So when I drink human blood, I get stronger, but that still doesn't answer the question with the animal blood and to answer it I need to find and hunt an animal. Not that I know how to hunt animals, neither do I know how to hunt humans and the problem is, I haven´t seen a single animal on my way here, so how should I find one? And has an animal even enough blood to sustain me? Fuck so many questions and no answers...*

She stretches.

*I think the best option for me is hunting humans because I know more about them than I know about the local animals or even monsters roaming around here. When I exist, there must be other monsters and I might even be in another world or something like this, at least when this guy's outfit and primitive weapon can give any indication about it. At least it would be new for me if someone of this Latitude still uses that sort of primitive equipment for hunting in my old world. And I don´t think that in my old world Vampires and other monsters existed aside from fiction.*

She stands up and cleans her dress from the dirt

*So it is decided for now, that I will try hunt humans, there my best option and at least their blood is tasty*

She giggles evilly.

*So first things first, if I want to hunt humans I should hide my vampire features, would be bad that every human, how happens to see my face knows that I´m a monster. If I remember correctly, in the literature of my old world vampires could change their appearances. Okay in literature they had no mirror image and I have clearly one, but testing will cost me nothing.*

She closes her eyes and tries to imagine a normal human face. After a while, she opens her eyes again and watches her mirror image again. Onlay to have now, grey-colored normal humans eyes and normal human teeth.

*Wow, it worked! A surprise, to be sure, but a welcome on. Hold on, wait!? Did I just bring up a Star Wars quote?*

With the breaking of her concentration, her vampire appearance returns.

*Okay, never mind it looks like I have to concentrate on my appearance the entire time, or else it changes back*

She closes her eyes and her human appearance returns. 

*Okay, one thing more I know* She looks at her nails. * Okay, my nails are also quite sharp, but they still look human. Maybe I can use them to climb these trees. I should trie this, too*

She walks over to one of the trees and tries to climb the bare trunk, which after some adjustments she is easily able to do.

*It seems I´m a monkey, too*

She freezes after hearing distant men shouting.

*Shit, I think there are this guy's friends!*

She climbs back down the tree looks around the scene.

*Okay, I think, I should hide the broken weapon, then it just looks like this guy slipped and hit his head by accident. Thank god I don´t have human emotions anymore, I don´t think I would have come up with something so fast, okay, when I would still be human, I wouldn't ´t be in this situation in the first place.*

She picks up every single piece of the broken spear and breaks the wooden shaft into smaller pieces only to throw them over the river so that the parts are spreading widely across the forest floor. Then she pikes up the metal pike of the spear and hides inside the river under big enough stone. Then she lets her gaze wander over the scene, only to remember she got wounded, but after a quick look, she finds out that her wound has already completely healed with even her dress is repaired. After another quick look inside the river at her image, she walks over to the body and sits down on her knees only to hide her face and to start a fake cry.

After she finished her preparation the shouting men are already really near:

"Gregor! Gregor where are you? Answer you fucking alcoholic!"

*I hope they find my performance convincing* And with a crying and trembling voice she shouts: " Help, I am here! Please help! I am here near the waterfall!"

For a short moment, the men become quiet only one to answer her. 

"Wait where you are, we coming to help you!"

After some minutes, three men come insight, two armed with hunting bows and with a hunting spear, like that of Gregor. They come to find a beautiful and mysterious young woman, in a quite appealing dress, sitting and crying near their completely motionless friend Gregor.

"Gregor!" One of them shouts while they come nearer. "What happened and who are you?!"

With a crying and trembling voice, she replies: " I can´t remember who I am, I woke up in the carriage and unknown men resting outside, I got scared and ran away, they tried to stop me, but I got away, only to get lost in this forest, I found this river and followed it downstream in hope of finding help. So I found, I think, your friend here and called him for help. After he heard me, he slipped on his way to me and hit his head on this rock, and was motionless. So I ran to him to help, but I did ´t know what to do..."

The oldest of them, who is quite tall and muscular, with grey hair, a hunting bow, and with skin tanned brown from the sun, speaks to her with a warm smile:

"Poor young lady, everything is now alright.... I am Johann, and this is Klaus and that youth over there is Bernd."

Klaus, a tall and lightly tanned but skinny man in his prime with black hair, and Bernd a skinny teenager with also lightly tanned skin and blond hair smile warmly at her. Before Klaus walks over to the dead Gregor and checks his body, only to just shake his head in the direction of his friends. 

Johann: " You have experienced a really bad day, are sure you don´t remember anything? Even your Name?"

She shakes her head. *Yes, Yes, Yes! I think they believe me!*

Klaus: "That guys were probably some slavers from the Trade Cities in the south, who have deleted her memories with some magic, so they can better sell her into slavery.... Happens quite often with beautiful young ladies like you, even sometimes with citizens from the Empire."

She sobbing: "Sorry, I can´t remember anything, so the Trade Cities and the Empire says me nothing..." *Hopefully, my gamble pays off*

Johann: " They must have used quite a strong magic spell on you, to remember absolutely nothing. That said, you are now in the Territory of the Gremarian Empire and the Trade Cities were once part of it, but broke away some decades ago. They couldn't ´t be reclaimed, because the Southern Cities formed a coalition and entrenched themselves in the Valpian Mountain Range, which separates the Main territory of the Empire from the Trade Cities. But enough of that, where are my manners? Here young Lady take that blanket."

Johann opens his hunting bag and takes out a quite large blanket which is large enough to cover her entire body.

She: " Thank you"

Johann: "Klaus, Bernd? Could you prepare something so we can carry Gregor back to our village?"

Bernd: " But I really want to talk to..."

He gets interrupted by Klaus, how is pulling him away: "Yes, old man." 

Johann: " Thank you two, so young lady. I think it is best if you would come with us. We bring you to our Village and there Sir Ethan, our local ruler can decide what we do to help you. But it is awkward if we don´t have a name by which we can call you."

She: " Yes of course." *So what Name should I take? Okay, I have an idea, I think this name suits me.* " I think you can call me Aurelia"

Johann: " Aurelia, it is. Nice to meet you, Aurelia."

Aurelia: "Yes, I think so, too* She smiles.

Bernd and Klaus come back with a Stretcher and they heave the dead body onto it.

Johann: " Okay, Aurelia, are you ready to go?"

Johann gives his hand to help her up and Aurelia accepts his hand and stands now back on her feet.

Aurelia: "Thank you and yes I am. And thank you for your help."

Johann: "No problem, so guys, it to go home!"

The party begins their journey to the Village Nomar in the Empire.

3