Chapter 3 – My Mother is a monster
1.8k 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

          This time He Zi and I successfully had a meal of hotpot to hold a meeting for 'He Zi and Guan Xiao Yan's fellow student friendship memories'.  During the meeting, both of us laughed and cried, recalling each other's awkward affairs and also drank beer until the boss came to urge us to leave when finally we reluctantly paid and left.

          At that time, I was thinking that the two of us had only known each other for 20+ years.  When exposing each other's secret affairs, we could carry on deep into the night but what if we had known each other for more than 50-60 years, then would it take us three days and three nights to finish?  I was alarmed.

          I told He Zi about my thoughts and she waved her hand, inarticulately said.  "You are already married, how will you have time for me and also if you want to expose any secrets, it will only be your BMW brother who will do it………'"

          "He is not called BMW, his name is Jiang Li."  I felt sad but also did not forget to correct her.  Although this name was not any better than BMW, I had seen this name in several fantasy novels.

          This time, He Zi who suddenly has a poetic inspiration, turned towards the night breeze and shouted.  "Hu Jiang Li and Pi Zhi Xi, sewn with Qiu Lan as quilt, such a good name, such a good name!"

          As expected, a drunk would spew true words.  I had known that He Zi was actually a bad poet otherwise she would not have recited the poem 'Li Sao' in such a disorderly way.

          So I poked at her breasts and said in disdain.  "Then why is it that his name is not Qiu Lan? ..........It is such an elegant name."

          "Because Qiu Lan is a woman's name."

          Just as I was about to praise He Zi for still being clear-headed, suddenly realized that the reply was said…….by a man?

          I turned around and saw a male standing behind us under the street light looking down at us.  With his back to the light, his facial features were not clear but I could still vaguely recognize him……Jiang Li? !

          Damn, this old mother is not drunk…….

          I rubbed my eyes and looked at him again......correct, it is Jiang Li.  Then I embarrassedly greeted him and said.  "Such a coincidence……."

         He walked over sweeping his eyes to my finger, intentionally or otherwise, that I had jabbed at He Zi and flatly said.  "So you really have a good excuse.  No wonder you agreed to marry me so fast."   Gay with lesbian, a perfect match.

          I re-evaluated He Zi's D-cup, shook my head and said.  "My taste is not this heavy……*he, he*"

         Jiang Li looked at the unconscious He Zi in my arms and said.  "I'll send you back."  His tone was determined with no room for rejection.  I sighed, this man…..is a little strong…..

          Good…..at least I can save some taxi money.  Anyway, he is my husband and I have the privilege. 

          Just as I was about to courteously thank him, he spoke to the person standing behind him.  "You can go back first."

          At this moment, I only noticed that a man had followed behind him.  Craning my neck to look over, immediately my eye widened and was speechless.

          Damn it, damn it, damn it…….God is really unfair! ! ! !  Why is the man more beautiful than I am………*ah, ah, ah, ah*……..

          That pair of beautiful eyebrows, that pair of watery spirited eyes and also those lips that enticed people to take a bite at first sight, coupled with his flawless skin…….if I did not know Jiang Li is a gay, I would definitely think that he is a female disguised as a man……

          Probably Jiang Li had misunderstood me, coldly and disdainfully said to me.  "So you are into meat and vegetables, male and female are also to your taste?"

          I realized my bad manners and feeling embarrassed I coughed and smilingly said.  "*Ha, ha, ha*…..how can it be…..I will not dare to take your man away……that, since you are on a date, then I will not bother you……."

          I had not finished speaking when Jiang Li interrupted.  "Let's go.  Women are always so long-winded."

          I dragged He Zi, up to follow Jiang Li and unable to control myself, I turned my head and looked back at the little male beauty.  Although there was some distance between us, I was unable to see clearly his expression at this moment but I could still feel that pair of fuzzy eyes filled with scorching heat…..hatred? 

          This world is a bit chaotic, I think that I, who had never been drunk, is really a little drunk today…….

          He Zi who was deliriously drunk, could arouse the indignation of both men and god and also did not forget to put me to shame.  She sat on the back seat of Jiang Li's car, leaning on my shoulder and muttered.   "Call your BMW brother to come and get us.  Aren't both of you married already…….."

          Jiang Li asked in an unhappy tone.  "BMW brother?  Is this how you introduce me to her?" 

          I scratched the back of my head and foolishly laughed.  "She made that up."

          He Zi continued and snorted.  "Didn’t you fall in love at first sight?"

          Jiang Li quipped.  "Love at first sight?"

          I continued at playing the fool.  "She is a talent at fabricating." 

          What?  Should I tell her honestly that you are gay?

          Her soft body slowly slipped down towards the floor so I picked her up and propped her against my shoulder again.  Then she spoke again.   "If he dares to ill-treat you, I will castrate him!"

          Jiang Li seemed to be angry.  "Castrate me?"

          I closed my eyes to rest and cut off all sound waves.

          Finally, in the midst of He Zi's nonsensical talk, Jiang Li summed up everything and said in a straight forward manner.  "Birds of a feather flock together."

         After I waited for a long time, I did not hear him say the word 'people of the same group'.  Although I was calm, I felt angry.

          That was the reason why I did not say anything but leaned back against the seat and pretended to be deaf.

          I summed up everything and Jiang Li's impression of me.

          First of all, improper behavior?  Met the first time and instantly got married.

          Second, male and female also eat?  Molest my own girlfriend and also eye covetously at his boyfriend which also verified the first point.

          Third, materialistic?  Introduced him as 'BMW brother' which would verify the next point.

          Fourth, vanity?  Claimed that it was 'love at first sight' for both of them.

          Fifth, brave?  Weird?  This I could not say after all the word 'castrate' already was too far-reaching and ethereal……..

          The atmosphere in the car was filled with embarrassment as He Zi kept on talking nonsense…… Jiang Li and I did not speak.

          As we approached my house, Jiang Li suddenly asked.  "Do you both stay together?"  Just now, when Jiang Li asked where she lived, I gave him the same address as my home and his eyes were a little weird.

          I shook my head and explained.  "No, we are neighbors."  I hesitated and continued.  "I am not a lesbian."

         Generally, I knew that gays did not like to touch women and so when Jiang Li offered to help, I refused considerately.  Single-handedly I dragged He Zi up the stairs and fortunately both of us stay on the second floor which was not difficult to climb.

         From He Zi's bag, I found the house keys and deftly opened the door.  Turning on the lights, I entered the bedroom and then threw her on the bed.  He Zi's parents did not live with her, that was to say, this old woman of 27 years lived alone……no parents around was good, free to do whatever she wanted, drink until late into the night then only return home.  And I……it does not matter now since I am already married.

          From now onwards, the old lady cannot do anything and also she cannot discipline me on behalf of her son-in-law, right?  Thinking of this, I felt that my decision to get married was really wise.  Anyway, after getting married to Jiang Li, no one can control me and I can go home whenever I like.......or even if I do not go home for the night.

           I gingerly crept back home and thought my mother was fast asleep but did not expect the living room to be instantly brightly light up the minute I step into the house. 

           My mother was standing in front of the bedroom door, looking at me with bitterness on her face which made my heart jumped chaotically with little guilty flames.  Immediately I wanted to throw myself at her feet, hug her thigh, cry for forgiveness and tell her that I would change for the better.
         
          My mother did not wait for me to speak, shook her head sadly and said.  "Yan Yan, how could you be so heartless to leave your mother in an empty house?"

          Me:  "….."

         Hai, hai……you are not mistaken, really not mistaken!  This is my magnificent mother, with whom, for the last 20+ years, I have been engaged in a battle of wits, a battle of bravery and a battle of being thick-skinned......and you think it was easy……..

          So, I swallowed and weakly answered.  "I am now home, aren't I?"

          Immediately my mother moved her 50-year-old body with reflexes of a 20-year-old to stand near me.  She sniffed me up and down, frowned and said.  "Drinking again?"

          I flatly denied.  "No, it was He Zi.  She was drunk and I just sent her back." 

          He Zi, my sister, my apologies……this will be the last time I betray you……                   

          My mother rolled her eyes which showed she did not absolutely believe in my nonsense.  "I thought you were supposed to be on a blind date but instead it seems you are fooling around with He Zi."

          I righteously corrected her.  "Mom, going out with He Zi is not called fooling around but if I go out with a man……that is called fooling around."

          My mother yawned sleepily.  "I wish you would go out more with men and fool around several times more."

          I looked at my mother's weary face and contemplated whether to tell her now so that the impact of the news would not be so lethal.

          Then I lead my mother to sit on the sofa, gently took out that red book from my bag and with both hands I held it up to her face.  "Mom, I want to show you something."

          My mother took the marriage certificate and whilst flipping the pages, she complained.  "This child, why did you take other people's marriage certificate……if you want, you could get one yourself……"  She broke off abruptly.

1