fake ID
96 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

☆ ˖⁺ ☽˖

October 2014.

 

Class was over, students were wandering the halls in a hurry; wanting to get back to their dorms or go home. Teachers clean up their desks while discussing stuff with other students before the day ends completely. Miki stands up quickly, bumping her elbow wrong on the arm of her chair, hitting her funny bone. The girl wasn't fazed by the tingles of numbing pain that shot through the nerves of her arm all the way to her fingertips as she grabbed her books, making her speedy and eager way out of the stuffy classroom. A grin spread over her face as her body was filled with excitement. She never really knew what to do with excitement. It seemed her excitement poured out of her through every desk she bumped out of place in her hurry.

The spring in her step only quickened as Miki scanned the not crowded but not empty halls, looking for the girl with faded blue hair and dark bold roots. There wasn't sign of her and she had to wonder if the other got held up by her own classes. Or by someone else.... Did she get caught sneaking out? Miki shoved those thoughts away with the shake of her head and looked up again, her eyes refocusing as she walked through the halls, dodging around people and not caring who she bumped shoulder to shoulder with. She brings a hand up to run through her unruly red hair, gripping as she tries to distinguish Brooke’s appearance through the halls.

Miki was just going to leave and just go to Brooke's aunts, no use waiting around like a dolt; but when she started down the steps to get to the buildings bottom floor where the fire exit was, she saw the other already coming up them, hips swaying with every step.

"HEY!" Miki shouted with excitement and a toothy grin spreads on her face. A few people startled and glanced over at her yell, looks of annoyance are shot in Miki’s direction. Her eyes didn't leave the other, though, as she watched Brooke's pretty face light up with a soft smile; those green eyes shining,

"Hi Miki! You're out early today.” She’s offering a smile, “Wait, I thought you had detention?" Brooke stopped and let Miki come down the steps to meet in the middle, readjusting her bag on her arm. Students are giving them weird looks, probably because of the bag. Only a few students were allowed to have their backpacks; as of a few months ago there was a huge thieving incident, Miki of course denies having anything to do with it. Truth be told; she had a lot of involvement. Miki always seemed to be involved in any delinquent activities. The point being: you couldn’t have your bags out and you couldn’t have big backpacks. Just a little bag to hold any books. Though, they were most likely staring because they didn’t recognized Brooke. It’s also uncommon to be picked up, even less common for someone to be coming in through the fire exit. Most were adorned with glares of hatred, some of the more snot nosed brats just giving a look of displeasure.

They were jealous, stuck like ants in an ant farm. Miki only smiled wider, maybe a little too cocky herself, feeling all too special. How she can feel so high is unknown, the girl is in the same position as them, if not worse. Brooke’s looking up at Miki and giving her a bump against her shoulder to take her out of her thoughts once they fell into a comfortable walking speed together.

"What?” She blinks and pauses, “Yeah, hmm... wait was that today?" Miki pondered aloud, looking ahead of them with a tilt of her head and leading them out of the fire exit of the school, going to go out through the back way so they didn’t get caught. You can’t bring anyone who is not enrolled in the school on grounds, they can’t come hang out. The two will walk around to another fire escape, less likely to be seen.

"Yup, probably, oh well!" Miki agreed with a laugh, picking up her speed with a little more pep in her step. Brooke wasn't expecting it and fell behind a little, calling out to the other,

"Where are we going today?"

Miki stopped and looked back to wait for her, "Nowhere special right now, just up to the dorms..."

Brooke caught up with haste and looked at Miki with a flat expression, but the red-head could read the confusion in the furrow of her brows. They stood there for a second, staring at each other. Brooke was waiting for her to finish, her expression painting into one of knowing and Miki just scoffed, bringing her arms up to cross over her own chest as she lifted her chin up in a shameless manner.

"Okay!” She relents, “Okay. You got me! And then after the sun goes down some more were gonna go somewhere-" The lanky girl couldn’t even finish her sentence, being cut off by the other girl,

"Absolutely not." Brooke shakes her head, now bringing her own arms up to cross over her chest and she huffs a sigh.

"What? C'mon dude, not fair." Miki pouted for a second, her body deflating as her arms dropped down to her side. She tilts her head down and suddenly she looks like a kicked puppy. Brooke rolls her eyes. Miki starts toeing the ground with her shoe. Child. "You went with Lucy though, to that concert last month!"

"That was more important, and I trust her way more." Brooke scoffs, leaning her weight on to her right foot. Sneak out? With Miki? Not happening! She’ll probably get them arrested, especially after nightfall. It’s bad enough that the girl was sent away to this shit hole, last thing they need is for her to end up in prison. Or land them both there at that.

Miki stood up straight with a huff of breath, looking down at Brooke. She raises both her hands out in gesture, "I want to take you somewhere, I want to give you an experience.” When Brooke only quirks a brow at her words Miki turns on theatrics, she slides an arm around Brooke’s shoulders and leans into her ear, “I want to change your life, baby."

Over dramatic, like always. Brooke rolled her eyes a little but chuckled none the less at the proximity. Staring back at Miki with her head tilted only slightly, Brooke narrows her green eyes. Miki’s eyes were wide in excitement, the hopeful shine in the blue of her iris is like the ocean, a small smile placed onto her face. Brooke bites her lip at the expression, she’s easy to cave in. Miki leans a little bit closer, close enough for the girl to feel her breath on her face.

"Please."

Brooke let out a huff and pushes herself to walk past Miki, they brush against eachother and Miki stumbles as she was leaning her weight on the other. Miki didn't turn around to look at her, just stood there for a second before starting to pout. Then with the stomp of her foot she turns herself around, ready to start pleading more; she’d get on her knee’s if she had to.

"Are you coming or not? It's already getting late and I have catch up homework to do!" Brooke called out from over her shoulder, cutting Miki’s speech off and leaving her to gape for a second.

The girl gave half a smirk and half a toothy grin on her face, it was a messed up smile. She ran to catch up to her girlfriend, throwing herself into the other’s space once more- Which only caused Brooke to make a face at her. "Ugh, get out of my face with that. You look like a creep."

Miki put a hand over her smile defensively and stood straight, walking with long strides to pass Brooke swiftly. "Leave my smile alone! You’re just jealous of these pearly whites." She then hooks a finger into her cheek, turning around to display her teeth.

"Haha” Brooke offers the redhead a fake laugh, “Don’t worry Miki, I'm just messing with you!" She said with a fake positive attitude, sarcasm lacing the words. Miki’s mouth closes and a smile is left on her face, Brooke walks up and the two fall into pace and Brooke playfully bumps their shoulders together. Miki turned her head to look at her, the sunlight from the windows casting a nice shadow on the side of her freckled face but her expression was suddenly deadpanned. Brooke chuckled slightly.

"No, you weren't."

"Yeah..." Brooke looked ahead of them, trying to rid herself of the smile on her face, "I wasn't. What would I have to be jealous of anyways?" Her tone was playful.

Miki’s expression softened and she smiled ahead as they continued on. The two walked in silence, their shoes scuffing on the dirty hallway floor. They were just coming up on the floor of Miki's friend’s dorm room, the girl sped up, leaving Brooke in the dust as she ran up to start pounding on the door, each hit echoing down the empty corridor.

"By the way, what catch up homework did you have?"

"Oh," Brooke thought aloud as the door opened roughly, barely getting a greeting from Lucrene, who was already walking away from the opening door with her headphones pulled on over her ears. There was music pouring out from the small speakers, so the two didn't bother to say anything to the tiny girl. Lucrene, who they sometimes call Loom, stood only at about 4'11 (in irony of her nickname), short even to Brooke's height; who was only 5'4.

"Just English. I have some writing assignments, I think. Missed some classes, nothing too much."

Miki nodded and walked over to throw her books on one of the nightstands. One messily slid off and onto the ground, the pages fluttering. Miki just looked down and stared at it. A moment passes and she decides to leave it with a shrug in favor of flopping onto the bed that was pushed to the left side of the room, right under the only window. Brooke shot Miki a specific look at the girls antics. She came around and sat at the foot of the bed that Miki was spread out on, propping herself up and pushing back so she could lean her back against the wall. The redhead looked over at her and grinned, she sat up and threw herself forward, planting her head in Brooke’s lap just as she was about to pick up her bag.

"What?" Brooke looked down at her, a little startled, "Why now? Get off, I need to do my work." Miki groaned; the vocal vibrations could be felt by Brooke on the top of her thigh. She pushed Miki's head a little, gently. "Nooo, pet me..." Miki whined out with her lips curling into a smirk, Brooke rolled her eyes again,

"No way! I'm breaking rules for you today.” She’s stern and makes sure to add, “To finish my work, that is. So don't get any wrong ideas."

Miki rolled off with no expression on her face at the emphasis on Brooke's order, "Okay, fine, okay." She relented and propped herself up to sit beside Brooke instead. The other picked her bag up and put it between her legs on the bed, getting out her binder and thin stack of papers. Miki offered to hold her backpack and Brooke smiled and handed it to her. She sat it on her lap and watched Brooke do her homework quietly. The mechanical pencil scribbling and scratching at the paper, filling up the quiet in the room. It was very hard to refrain herself from pestering Brooke. It was hard to refrain from being rambunctious in general. Miki felt the itch to do something, so she started shaking her foot. She let the girl do her work, and just fiddled with the frayed threads of Brooke's bag. After shifting around a bit, Miki was comfortably curled up into the other's side.

 

Sometime had gone by with Miki having her head on Brooke’s shoulder with her eyes closed, dozing away with the other girl writing. The whole room was filled with silence, pencil scratching, and the low bass emitting from Lucrene's headphones. Miki felt Brooke lean her head on top of hers for a few seconds. It made her smile, she thought of something to say but she couldn't really find the words. Brooke eventually put her head back up and went back to writing. Miki just closed her eyes once again, not really wanting to fall asleep but her body giving in anyways.

Hours pass, only a few. The moment Miki opens her eyes she immediately looks towards the window before her body and mind were even aware she was awake. There was only a sliver of light left, pouring through the blinds and casting dim lines on the wall. "Ah shit," Her voice was raspy. Miki jumped up, shaking the feeling of sleep from herself. She cleared her throat with a sludgy cough, "What time is it?"

Lucrene, who was sitting on her own bed across from the two of them and curled up in a fluffy sea-green blanket with a book in hand, speaks without even looking at the two, "It’s like, 6 o'clock?"

Miki grabbed her phone from out of her pencil case which was on the floor with one of her books. She wiped away the pencil shaving dust that was on it, they fell all over her friend’s bed; much to Lucrene's annoyance. It was actually almost 5pm.

"We gotta go." Miki said to Brooke, who was putting her books back into her bag.

"Don't take yours, were taking my backpack." Miki said, making Brooke put her bag back down with an irritated face. She doesn’t understand why Miki would have her leave it. In truth, Miki doesn’t want them to look like highschoolers, "Sorry, just put anything you need in mine."

Miki trotted over to Lucrene’s desk, grabbing her stuff off it, and stuffing it into her backpack. In the process of grabbing her wallet and earbuds, she knocked a ton of stuff on her friend’s desk over, said friend gave her a look; but her face was stone-cold as ever so you wouldn't be able to make out how the girl was really feeling- but Miki knew she was mad, the knowledge only made the girl snicker internally. Miki swung her backpack on with a coy smile and then gave Brooke a 'let’s go' motion, then turning to give the smirk to Lucrene. Who stares blank faced and then rolls her eyes, Miki seems to incite that reaction a lot.

“Thanks for having us.” Miki jokes, the smile still on her face. Lucrene brings a hand up and waves loosely, when she speaks it flat toned sarcasm, “It’s always a pleasure...”

Miki laughs.

Brooke is standing there, wondering why some if not most of Miki's belongings were in this room. She swore Miki stayed at home; her parents didn't want her to have a dorm here anymore so that they could keep her under extra surveillance. They had no trust in the girl anymore, which Brooke understood why. Her green eyes landed on the distressed black bag hanging off the other girl's shoulders. It wasn’t her school bag.

Brooke raised her eyebrows, about to start thinking about it only to notice something, and then laughed to herself out loud. "Yeah okay, turn around genius." Miki cocked her right eyebrow up, smirk falling, throwing Brooke a confused expression, "Your backpack is open."

"Oh." Miki turns around with a goofy smile on her face. Brooke zipped up the mysterious bag in a swift motion and patted the other on the shoulder. Brooke left her hand to linger there for a second, the pressure burning an imprint into Miki’s skin.

"It's okay, young one, you'll get it one day."

Miki scoffed out a laugh and shifted to cross her arms, rolling her eyes as she knocked Brooke's hand from her and made her way to the door.

"Thanks mom."

☆ ˖⁺ ☽˖

 

The two made it to the courtyard with little to no time to spare, the gates leading to the outside were still open, much to their luck. They made it just in time. The boarding school has opening and closing hours and once it’s after hours you can’t leave, and no one can enter. If you stay in a dorm here, you must be back before eight in the evening.

Miki leaps over a short stone bench in excitement, propelling herself off a rock that is behind it. Brooke just goes around it, stumbling slightly from rushing after Miki’s speed. They make it outside, and then turn to go to the right of the building. She watched the redhead run up the hill, each step jostling the bag and items in it hanging from her back. The bag was practically bigger than her. Sounds of metal clanking together echoed around them. Miki had great endurance, Brooke didn't- her legs burned from trying to speed herself uphill- like when you’re riding your bike and the petals become rigid like you’re in quicksand.

They finished scaling the hill, which was quite big, and Miki practically threw herself onto the tall stone wall that surrounded the school, it was in the middle of nowhere and had a huge wall around it. Like a prison. Brooke panted, slowing herself down aside Miki to lean her body on the rough bricks. "Jeez."

Miki walked over, maybe moving ten feet as she dragged her hand on the wall. Her sharp ragged nails scraping against it, looking for something. Miki found it easily once her nails got caught in it and she started dislodging a rather large brick from the wall, a huge chunk with multiple pieces intact started leaning out. She struggled a bit, her small frame giving into the weight of it. It was as big as a boulder. But you'd never be able to tell it was there. Miki looked over at Brooke,

"Little help here?"

Brooke scoffed at the tone and walked over, propping her foot up and grabbing onto the only grabbable piece. They both tugged and felt it was a lot easier with both of their forces. They teetered it a little and made a small opening, Miki ushered Brooke out and followed behind her. It wasn’t too hot, but the sunset blazing onto the outside of the wall where they emerged was bright. All around them was a huge vast desert, tumble weeds and dead bushes. There was nothing out here except for this school. The sun would be setting soon, then briskness from the fall evening would soon be nipping at their skin instead. Neither brought a jacket, Miki wearing shorts and Brooke wearing a tank top.

Brooke gave a laugh of exhilaration, her silhouette looking beautiful in golden hour. Miki stood up next to Brooke, a smirk on her face as she planted her hands to her hips. "Damn, talk about prison break!" Her finger twitched while she gave a breathless laugh.

"Right, though I'm not sure why we had to break out. We could've just walked out the front gates." Brooke smiled up at her with her eyebrow raised, Miki blushed, but she wouldn't admit she feared getting caught skipping detention. Luckily Brooke changed the subject, "So which way, boss?"

Miki saluted and pointed in a random direction, "This way, slave!" She started walking in that same direction. "What?” Brooke blanches for a second, “Slave?” Miki doesn’t reply to her in favor for pulling the girl by her wrist along the wall and out to the front of the school, where they would follow the broken-up asphalt and dirt road into one of the towns over. Even though the school is owned by Stenstill, Thornhill was closer. The two make their way through a desert patch and find the path. It used to be the main road between towns, but it was renovated when they added the school and now the road goes a different way- most people use this road for off-roading now.

They walked for a while; it wasn’t too long but the school is quite a ways out there. It probably took them close to two hours, even with short cuts. The walk was worse a few months ago when it was still summer. Now that it’s October, it’s a lot cooler, but the setting sun baked them, Miki’s legs already had color.

Miki and Brooke were in town now, somewhere they hadn’t been together for a while. Brooke had to agree with the other when she said it was like they were breaking out of prison, except prison was Miki's parents. Who they were probably about to get a phone call sometime soon about how Miki didn't show up for detention, about how Miki wasn’t there to be picked up to go home, about how Miki hasn’t shown up at home yet… the list can go on.

"Do you remember where that dollar store was?" Miki asked, no tone of voice other than pure curiosity. Brooke hummed while glancing around at the buildings surrounding them,

"No."

"Ralph’s?"

"No."

"Baymart?"

"Nope, didn’t that go out of business?"

"I wouldn’t know, why am I the only one throwing out ideas here?"

Brooke huffed, stopping in her tracks, and throwing her hands up in aspiration, "I don't know, I've barely been to this town, only with you!"

Miki stopped too and just stared at her, that didn't really answer her question. But it was true, neither of them came to this town often, they normally hung around the city Brooke's aunt resided in. Which was hours in the opposite direction. This town was closest to Miki’s school, and whenever Miki would ditch, she would come here. Brooke dropped her arms and crossed them with her hips leaning to the left side. She looked sassy, like a librarian, Miki chuckled to herself. Brooke gave her a look of questioning, probably wondering what was funny.

"Well, maybe I do remember one... somewhere in town? I don't know, around from the mall?" Brooke muttered, rubbing her arm.

Miki fought a grin off, "Well what are we waiting for then?" Brooke looked up at her, giving a look of exhaustion.

"Let’s go!" Miki took off, marching into town like she owned the place. It was hard to tell if she was being serious, but Brooke decided it didn’t matter. The town was quite bigger than it looked, or at least bigger than they thought it would be. It was a decent sized town. Average. People on the streets, shops, houses, and apartments. Miki had no idea where the mall was, but what's life without a little adventure?

It was easy to find a few convenience stores, but Miki refused them, trying to convey that it needs to be at a grocery type store for the experience, leaving Brooke to question what exactly they were doing but alas she was not given an answer. Eventually they broke down and asked someone for directions and were luckily given some. They were right around the corner for it, go them.

"I'm starting to worry about getting in trouble," Brooke mutters as they entered the building through the automated doors. The AC above the doors blowing their hair back. Miki gave her a look, about to say something but Brooke continued.

"And I don't even know why we’re here! For all I know, it could be a complete waste of time." She looked at Miki, not with a glare but her eyes were still piercing none the less.

"I just want to take you somewhere!" Miki reassures, like it’s matter of fact. Maybe a little too loud and proud as she catches the attention of other shoppers. Brooke gives them a certain type of look, wanting to curl into herself. Miki always calls forth unwanted attention. Ignoring them, Miki keeps walking and Brooke follows begrudgingly.

"Baymart?" She brings a delicate hand up to push a lock of blue hair behind her ear. She’s really hoping the answer isn't yes. She throws big green eyes in the others direction, sarcastically hopeful, Miki just let out a big laugh,

"As much as Baymart is a magical place to be, I don't think it’s going to change your life, baby." It's said in a similar fashion to how she said it earlier when she was begging Brooke to go. Just a little lower; It’s always hard to tell if she's joking or being serious. Brooke stays quiet for a minute as they walk. She ponders where they're going, if Miki isn't saying it, then it must be a surprise. If you looked up natural disasters, every single one of Miki's surprises would show up in the list under.

“I don’t like surprises.” Brooke pouts and goes quiet, bringing her arms to cross over her chest uncomfortably.
The time she made them do paint ball, or when she wanted them to cook together as a competition to see who could prepare the best meal- the fastest. What were the disastrous parts of those? Oh, maybe the fact that she got them BEBE guns instead of paint ball guns, or how Miki nearly caught Brooke's aunt’s house on fire!

"We haven't done anything since I've been grounded!"

Brooke scoffs as ‘grounded’ was the nice way to put it. More like house arrest. Miki could go to school, and then was ordered to be home right away. She wasn't even supposed to be seeing Brooke. Miki did it anyways of course. It's no wonder why she's grounded. Her parents are grade A assholes, sure, but Miki NEVER listens, she never tried to fix it while she could. She just kept pouring gasoline into the fire and had the nerve to complain that it was getting bigger.

All Brooke heard was "I'm taking us to a party!" whispered as if it was top secret information, but it had so much enthusiasm. Sounded so accomplished.

"WHAT?" Brooke was appalled as Miki slid her arm around her shoulders, too shocked to push her off, she just looked at her in shock. Maybe she was feeling betrayal. Miki’s face had a sharp grin plastered; her eyes were narrowed like a wolf stalking its prey. It’s clear that Miki was content, and the plans were set in stone.

"A college party at that!" Miki corrects herself, with her finger pointed up factually.

It got worse, of course it would get worse. Brooke snapped out of her shock shoved Miki off and turned her body to glare at her, chest high. Brooke was shorter, but she had mastered the skill of looking down on people who are taller than her. "Are you kidding me?" A look of pure confusion sent her way. Why was she confused? In what world is this a good idea? Is Miki insane?

Well, the answer to that is yes.

Miki’s confusion is answered with a continuing glare, a look of disappointment.

"C'mon it'll be fun!" She cheers.

Despite her refusals- Brooke still followed as the redhead beckoned her further into the store. It wasn't like she had something against parties, in fact they’d snuck into a couple of college parties together before. That's what had her worried, Miki got drugs from those parties. Miki is supposed to be clean while attending this boarding school. Her parents would murder her, call the cops! Send her to jail… It was a concoction of terrible things and ideas. Brooke was just worried. That was it, worried.

Miki was a concoction of terrible ideas.

"..." Brooke crossed her arms tighter and followed, not saying anything but the look of displeasure painting her features showed her uneasiness. Miki kept glancing at Brooke out of the corner of her eye, holding the shopping basket tightly as she threw various snacks in it.

"Do you even have money for that?" Miki turned to look at Brooke and nodded. Pulling two twenty-dollar bills from her pocket. Brooke's eyes bugged out of her head; where did Miki get forty dollars? Was she stealing again? Before she could ask, Miki opened her mouth,

"I promised I'd help host it." Brooke scoffed at the girl’s words. Yeah, a sixteen-year-old junior helping host a COLLEGE party. More like Miki was their gopher. "They gave me this. And this..." She shoved the basket into the shorter girl’s hands abruptly, causing her to stumble a little with an irritated look plastering her face.

Brooke choked out a "Hey!" But before she could start scolding Miki for being rude her eyes widened, Miki smirked at her reaction, waving what she pulled out of her wallet in her face. Brooke's eyes squinted, "What the hell is that?" Not having her reading glasses on she took a step forward and leaned in to read the small plastic that Miki was presenting to her, reaching a hand out to grasp Miki’s wrist to hold it still.

Miki Miya
DOB 5/5/1992
SEX: F
ISS: 4/6/2013
EXP: 4/6/2017--

She didn't need to keep reading; this ID says Miki is twenty-two. Her attention is brought to Miki's face by the sound of her laughter. Brooke just stares at the girl, once again appalled.

"You're not..."

"I am!" Miki says happily.

"A fake fucking ID!?” Brooke screams through a whisper, “Are you mental, Miki?!" Brooke lowered her voice, but her tone was venom. Miki's grin widened more as Brooke looked around to make sure no one was watching them. Miki could practically see every hair on Brooke's body stand up in protest, her shoulders tensed straight yet somehow hunched. She waved her hand and then puts the items back into her pocket. "You want to go to jail! I swear!"

“Quit freaking out,” Miki laughs, "I've used it already!"

"WHAT?!"

Miki just laughed more and sped away from the girl, who stomped her foot in yet another protest- but followed quickly.

Brooke was hesitant to follow Miki to the alcohol section. Her gut was screaming at her in objection, honestly, she feels like she might just throw up. She wanted to leave, especially when Miki wasn't just grabbing a case of shitty beer.

"By the end of the night, I'll make sure you're bad to the bone, Brookie!" Grabbing a bottle of scotch whiskey off the shelf. Brooke's eyes narrowed as it dropped into their basket. Miki winked at her and gave her a thumbs up before picking up the pack of beer with her other hand again.

Brooke shook her head in disappointment, blinking her green eyes and looking away from Miki. "I hate you."

☆ ˖⁺ ☽˖

Checking out had Brooke shaking in her shoes. The cashier was young. Maybe in their twenties to maybe even early thirties. He was quiet, listening to the two bicker as he rang up all the snacks Miki put onto the counter. He raised his eyebrows when she set the whiskey and six pack of Budweiser onto the counter.

"I'm going to need to see some ID." He said in amused suspicion. Miki and Brooke stopped bickering, Miki nodded, not acting shocked in the slightest. But Brooke went rigid. She pulled out the fake ID and handed it over, the cashier looked over the card and then turned to stare at Brooke. A beat of silence passed between the three of them. Brooke felt her knees turn into jelly, her brows furrowing as she looked to Miki, seeing how she was going to get out of this.

"Oh! This is my cousin, she's underage." Miki said matter of factly since the cashier seemed to be sizing Brooke up for longer than necessary. Brooke chokes at the new information, holding her coughs in and swallowing as she gives the guy a curt nod- agreeing with whatever Miki says. "We're having a family banquet." Miki paused when the guy raised one of his eyebrows- probably at her use of the word ‘banquet’,

"That’s for the uncles and aunties." Miki tipped her head, and threw her hand out, gesturing to the alcoholic beverages.

The guy gave her an incredulous look, amusement still adorning his features, but he turned his attention to his job and scanned the drinks anyways. Brooke stomped on the front of Miki's shoe, causing the taller to grimace in pain as her big toe gets crushed- close to letting out a shriek of pain, but she grits her teeth- not wanting to give away her act. Miki turned to glare at Brooke with a cough to clear her throat, then a haughty smile pulled on her lips as she looked back at the cashier,

"Oh, and one pack of the Marlboros, please."

The guy nodded at that; no hesitation like he had with the alcohol. If he knew he didn’t care. He turned around with his keys jingling together to unlock the cigarette stand. Miki took her time to smirk at Brooke's irritation. The other scoffed and turned her attention to the magazines to the right of them, forcing herself to find something more interesting. This should have never played out. The guy was clearly just letting them get away with it.

☆ ˖⁺ ☽˖

By the time they left the store, the sun was gone. Only pinks, oranges, and a violet purple fill the sky as the night starts to set upon them. Brooke shuffled her shoes against the asphalt of Baymart's parking lot. Miki was on the phone getting directions for where the house the party was at. It only turned out to be about a ten-minute walk, which they spent in silence. The only noise being Miki humming the beat to the song that was playing while they were in the store, and the crunching of the snack bags every time Miki's leg brushed against the bag.

Neither of them knew for sure if the guy just let them off the hook, or if Miki had convinced him. Miki would say she convinced him, Brooke would argue he just let them get away with it.

The sun was completely gone by the time they arrived, they could hear muffled bass from music coming from up ahead and lots of commotion. The sounds of a party: cheering, clapping, yelling, singing, music and bass. Brooke slowed to a stop as Miki kept walking, eventually turning around to shoot her a mischievous smirk, a wolf's smile, in the dark. It sent a chill down Brooke’s spine.

"Ready to have the time of your life, cousin?" Miki asked, jokingly going on about how maybe they could move to Alabama and keep their relationship a secret from their family.

"Shut up, you're disgusting." Brooke snapped back eventually, just wanting her to quit it, anxiety pooling under her skin- not in the mood for Miki’s stupid jokes. She wasn’t ready- she didn’t want to be here. Brooke had a bad feeling because…

This was going to be a disaster.

 

☆ ˖⁺ ☽˖

1