002: Beginning
184 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It had been a few months since Claude's birth, and it seemed that he was adjusting nicely to the family life of the Bleubat family.

The summer light was shining on the Estrande's estate as a cool breeze flowed through the air. The mansion which sat serenely in the evergreen garden was filled with the noise of many moving people who seemed to be holding what seemed like crates and boxes. In the corner of the building huddled up in a little room was a young child sucking on the breasts of his mother.

This young child was none other than Claude Bleubat, the only son of Claire and Peter Bleubat, bodyguards of the Estrande family household.

[Claude: 'Mmmh milk, why is it so tasty, more more!']

Claire looked at the baby suckling at her breast in sheer surprise. It had only been a few months, 3 to be specific yet, he was growing so quickly. Already Claude was trying to move around and stand as well as say a few words. The mother still remembered the day in which her son said 'mama' for the first time. 

When hearing him say those words in his cute baby voice, her heart melted instantly. Was this the feeling that all mothers felt, if so, she could understand why so many of them loved bragging about their children. A huge amount of pride swelled through her on that day. Remembering how Peter was jealous that he could only say 'mama' not 'dada', looking at him struggling to walk yet not giving up. It was all these small things that she cherished.

Things that others might've found insignificant; they were hidden gems.

[Claire: 'I hope he doesn't grow up too quickly']

Meanwhile, Claude had just finished his morning meal. Satisfied with the taste of the milk his latched lips let go. For the most part he had spent it with his mother as she spoke to him daily unaware that day by day, he was understanding what she was saying.

[Claude: 'Hmm the language of this world is very different to the English that I know. But it looks like my brain is on juice, because it's picking up things much quicker than expected. It seems that this world isn't as advanced as my past civilisation. Although it's all thanks to you mum that I got all this nice info']

In the short space of time that he had been alive for Claude had learnt a few things.

First of all, he was born in a continent known as Dizerone that represented qualities of medieval England, it was a large and powerful continent known for its strong empire and magic progression. He had heard of a few other continents being spoken by overhearing conversations between adults, but not enough to be useful.

As for himself and his family they were working for the Estrande family, which was a high-earning noble household in the clothing industry. They were an exporter of the Estrande clothing line and had secured themselves a place in the nobility as a baron household who were nearing Viscount rank thanks to their growing profit margin in the last few years.

His father worked as one of the main bodyguards for one of the sons of the current Baron in charge of the land. It seemed that they him and the son had been acquaintances during childhood which helped him secure the job.

There seemed to be a divide in the family, resulting in the formation of two rings. The main family was in the inner ring that contained the direct descendant’s, main family as well as important guests and scholars. The inner ring occupied the majority of the upper floors of the mansion leaving a portion of the bottom floor for the outer ring as well as a small hostel like area. 

In the outer ring stayed people like Claude and his family. The outer ring was home to: Bodyguards, cooks, maids, servants and guests of less respectable nature.

At the moment they were on the first floor in one of the guest barracks.

[Claude: 'Hmmm this is so boring. I forgot how limiting being a baby is there is nothing I can do right now. But when I grow a bit older it would probably benefit me in harnessing magic and magical aura. It seems to be held in high esteem in this world, and perhaps I might become a world-renowned adventurer or something along the lines.']

Daydreaming about the multiple possibilities that could present themselves if he learnt magic was something that Claude often enjoyed. During the monotonous days in which he did the same thing of eating, sleeping and crying; the power of magic and its fascinating premise was the only form of respite in his repetitive days.

That and her mother’s countless impartment of knowledge was the only things that kept him from bashing his skull in.

'How much longer till I can start doing things', Claude wondered. The boredom was clearly stressing his young mind, as creases formed on his forehead. Life had just started for him, yet he couldn't progress forward. Time felt infinite yet quick at the same time. He wondered what life would look like ahead for him. What was his destiny going to be like? Would it be a comfortable or arduous path? Who was he in his past life?

There were so many questions that he wanted answered.


Meanwhile somewhere far away in the east of Dizerone in the Pikolu mountains above the peak. A dragon laid gazing at the land bellow.  It's crimson red scales where chipped and damaged from what looked like multiple battles. A large scar stretching across its underbelly and curving around its body, perhaps caused by a sword.

It looked down towards a specific section of land, through the densely covered clouds. A small smile forming across its lips.

"Hmmm, I sense the power of the Eternal flame dragon from somewhere. But how is this possible I thought that the legendary race became extinct. Interesting... very interesting! I wonder what is going on. First those Dark Apostles, then the birth of the corruption now this. So many things are happening on this continent, I wonder where the world is heading too?"

 

9