Chapter 1 – I Died
2.4k 14 68
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Where am I?”

My eyes feel heavy and yet I still tried to open them. For some reason, I can’t remember anything at all. Where am I? What am I? Who am I? I don’t remember about a single thing.

I tried to look into my surroundings and yet what I found was only an unfamiliar room filled with white walls like I was trapped in a box, when I heard a voice out of nowhere.

“Are you awake now?”

The voice was clearly from a girl, maybe around in her early twenties, and yet I couldn’t see any girl in this small room.

“Who are you?” I can’t remember anything, so I started by asking her name.

“It is clearly best if you remember about yourself first.” She said.

I felt a sudden headache, and my memories suddenly flash into my mind in an instant. I remembered everything, like the happiest moment of my life and even the bad memories that I tried to forget.

My name is Hikawa Nagi.

A normal newly enrolled college girl who was born into a normal family, so that is what I expected before. My parents were quite honest and kind, and there were no more I could wish for, but things started to get different over time.

I don’t know how I should describe it if it is a blessing or a curse. While growing up, I started to gather a lot of attention from everyone. I develop an exceptional beauty that would make everyone envy me.

I became the top student in every class and was considered a genius. I was the definition of beauty with brains, and yet, I didn’t realize that I’m starting to become an outcast.

My friends started to avoid me in class as they considered me like a different being, and others started to approach me with some hidden motives.

Even at home, my parents treated me special but nothing like how they treat my siblings. Over time, the connection between me, and my family started to drift away, and yet I didn't hold any grudge against them.

Compared to others, they still treat me like a part of family…Maybe.

But the thing that everyone didn't know about me was that all of the things I have today were because of my effort. I became at the top of my class because I study every day better than anyone. I was very beautiful because I cared about my health and ate a balanced diet.

Despite everything, I’m not the kind of girl who would just cry and stay in my room because of something like this. I don’t care what they will be going to say. I will live an honest and carefree lifestyle and enjoyed my life to the fullest!

And yet some unexpected things happened.

It was on Christmas Eve when I was walking on the road. I was about to go in shopping when an accident happened.

A little girl suddenly ran into a pedestrian crossing lane when I saw that car was not slowing down. Maybe the driver fell asleep, or he didn’t see the stoplight, or for whatever reason, the girl will die on a second.

It was when my body suddenly moves on its own and tried to save the girl

 “And that’s how you died. Did you remember now?” The unknown voice said, interrupting my moments while remembering my memories.

“I see… Wait! How about the girl? Is she safe?!” If I learned that the girl didn’t survive and I died in vain, then it’s not a joke! It means that I wasted my life for nothing!

“Oh, don’t worry about that. The girl was completely fine and safe because of you!” She happily said.

When I heard that, I was finally able to relax a little bit. At least I was able to save someone’s life. Now I can rest in peace. Besides, right now, there’s a different matter that I should finish too.

“By the way, who are you? Are you a God? Angel? or something else? ”

“Me? I’m the existence that you called God or Goddess. You should feel honored.” The self-proclaimed Goddess proudly said.

"Ok. Yay, I'm so lucky. I meet the Goddess."

"Don't do it if you will just going to say that with a flat voice!" She said.

I was a bit suspicious of the self-proclaimed Goddess who was talking, and so I said. “So, where am I? Is this heaven? All I can see is plain white everywhere. I better die again and never woke up than spending my whole time here doing nothing. Good night.”

I lazed down on the white ground and was about to close my eyes when that suspicious self-proclaimed Goddess shouted.

“Of course not! This is just a temporary space that I created for us to talked a little!” She said.

Finally, I gave up and shrugged my shoulder. Even if this was a temporary space or not, it didn’t change the fact that I was already dead.

I can’t just turn her down as there was no other place I could go back. “I see. I’m sorry. So what do you want to talk about with me?”

“You're finally going to listen? Good, good. Now let me start. From saving a girl, who doesn’t have any kind of relation to you without any kind of compensation, please accept my deepest gratitude.” She said sincerely. I was about to start to believe in her, but after that, her tone change again. “That’s why I will give you another chance to live, or should I say to reincarnate you with your memories intact!”

“W-what?” I was shocked. It’s like the thing that I saw in some anime or novel where a person gets transported to another world. While I was still getting excited over it, she continued to talk.

“The world where you will be headed is a world filled with sword and magic, a completely different one from the earth. Monsters are roaming around in that world and not a peaceful one. The security is dange—*cough* *cough* not that good —.”

“W-wait! I just heard some disturbing words! You’re going to say the security is dangerous right?! Right?! Hey, are you listening?!!” I was shouting trying to get the attention of the so-called Goddess, but I was ignored just like that and she continued to speak.

“There are social standings in every society like nobles and commoners. There are also many different races living in this world. The mortality rate is not good as many people die every day here compared to earth. And for you to live your life to the fullest and peacefully, I will grant you special abilities. Let’s see… Hmm…I will bless you a little bit of my power and another attribute. Normally I would only give one blessing but accept this as part of my gratitude. Now I wish you the best in your new life.”

It looks like she was finish talking and was about to do something. I’m getting a bad feeling about this. “Wait for a minuteeee! I didn’t agree yet! And if you’re going to reincarnate me, then at least put me back to earth! I don’t want to go in another world!”

 Well, everything I said doesn’t make sense? I know if it was others, then they were willing to get reincarnated without a second thought but not me!

Why would I want to be reincarnated in a dangerous world full of monsters, when I can reincarnate on earth, a peaceful planet full of entertainments such as games, anime, novels, sports, places, and delicious food, a planet which I’m already accustomed to.

Besides that, she said that she will reincarnate me with my memories intact, which means that I will have an advantage over others, and yet she wants me to send in a world full of monsters?!

Just the sight of seeing giant monsters like ogre, dragons, or group of a rapist and perverted orcs and goblins, give me some chills!

But the self-proclaimed god didn’t reconsider what I said, and soon I started to disintegrate and turned into lights, but before I fully disappeared, she hurriedly spoke. “Ah, by the way, thank you for saving me earlier. Even though I wouldn’t die from something like that, I still want to express my gratitude. Te-hee.”

And then a girl appeared in front of me, and what’s more, surprisingly, it was the girl who I saved earlier!

“Wh—“ I couldn’t finish what I about to say as I started to lose consciousness before I got disintegrated. Now finally I understand why she was so thoughtful, giving me attributes and her blessing! It all makes sense now!

After all, I lost my life because of her! If she sends me in another world without any compensation, I swear that I will drag down that girl from heaven whatever means and beat her to death!

I didn’t know if I will cry or laugh. I took a deep breath and tried to forget what happened earlier. At least now for now I got a second chance to start my life and what’s more, it was a world where there was magic.

Let’s forget everything about earlier.

Even after everything that happened to me, I can’t still get out the feeling of excitement of using the magic, after all, I never experienced it before, and just the thought that you can release fire from your hand will make anyone excited at least on earth.

68