Chapter 10 – Disturbance (II)
745 9 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While others were still frozen from the fear, Sylphie was the only one who draws a weapon as her right hand went to her waist and grabbed the rapier, and pointed it towards the beast. But before Sylphie could make a move, one of the adventurers couldn't stand it any longer, and he decided to run from the scene.

Sylphie was startled and tried to stop him from running. "Wait! Don't run! This beast always targets those who run away from—" She couldn't finish her sentence as it already jumped towards the man who tried to run and strike him with its paws.

The man who tried to run burst just like a bubble from the force that he received from the paw of the beast, and it stared as it was mocking them for being weak.

Sylphie clicked her tongue. The beast in front of them was called an alien beast. They were the beast regarded as the strongest in the whole world, and meeting them should not be that easy, especially in this kind of place.

And the alien beast that they were facing right now is a White Sabertooth. This kind of alien beast possessed tremendous speed and power and has excellent acrobatics movement making it very annoying when facing it.

It is also has a unique habit which it went and attacked those who tried to run from as it wanted to hunt and enjoy its prey slowly.

"Shit! Everyone pull out your weapons if you want to live!" The leader of the Roaring Serenity shouted as he draws his weapon.

Everyone withdrew their weapons as they don't have any choice. Instead of waiting for them to die, it's better to fight and try to survive. Even though their fighting spirit is still not there, they still have the instinct of wanting to live.

"Be careful. This beast is very agile, and it's difficult to hit. If we want to defeat it, we need to create some timing and hit together with a powerful attack at the same time. " Sylhpie shouted.

"Do you know this beast?" The leader of the Falledngrade asked.

"Yes, but now is not the right time to asked this."

"You're right. I don't know what fricking beast is this, nor do I want to know. But now that we know its characteristics, we have a chance to win this and survive. Thanks, young lady." The leader of the Fallengarde said as he smiled and glared at the beast.

Everyone's expression became better even though they still have a little fear in their heart. Unlike earlier, where everyone was panicking at what they should do, at least now, they have an objective just like they were given the slightest hope.

"Now, we know why we didn't encounter any monsters or bandits while we're traveling. Either this beast killed them, or they were able to sense this beast and decided to run away." One of the adventurers said.

"It's kind of disappointing what happened to our clients, but right now, we should prioritize our own life."

"If I'm can survive this, I'm going to quit being an adventurer and worked as a farmer in our village."

"After this, I will ask my childhood friend to marry and have some kids!"

"Then, go die right now!"

"What?!"

"I'm going to buy you all drinks after this, so try to stay alive!"

"Then get ready to spend your lives earning more money after this as I will going to make sure that your money will not be going to last for another day after that."

"Sylphie, please be my girlfriend after this!"

"Pick me, Sylphie. Let's marry after this, and let's have a lot of babies."

"Oi! That was illegal!"

"Damn you!"

""Hahahaha.""

"You guys are going too far! One more word and I will be going to cut that thing between your legs!" One of the girls said as they were staring at the guys like looking at trash.

"H-hey, don't be serious. We were just joking, you know."

"Well, it's not funny, so stop it." One of the girls replied.

"Okay, lads, the fun is over. It's time to work." The leader of the Roaring Serenity said it, and his face suddenly became serious.

"Do you already have a plan?" One member of the Fallengarde asked their leader.

"It's simple. All of you guys will go and distract the beast and create an opportunity for us. I don't care what method you used as long as you can gather its attention, while we need two who will stay and defend us until we finished the preparation in unleashing our most powerful attacks."

"Can you add me as an attacker in the final blow?" One of the solo adventurers asked.

"I don't mind. By any chance, do you have some ultimate skills?"

"Well, it's not the time to hide this anymore, but I'm a skill-holder." He said, making a pained smile on his face while scratching his head. "My skill is called destruction, which allows anything I touched to explode."

"That's reassuring. There's still a chance for us to survive then. Now let's start."

The leaders of Roaring Serenity and Fallengarde started to gather their mana and focused it on their weapons. Everyone readied their weapons and began to run towards the beast while Sylhpie, one member of the Roaring Serenity, was picked to protect those who would deliver the final blow.

"Take this!"

"Die!"

"Flame Wheel!"

"Wind cutter!"

The beast grin at them without doing anything at them as it was like it was mocking them, deliberately waiting for them to attack it. It didn't even bother to dodge their attack as the beast didn't even take single damage from it.

"Impossible!"

"What!"

"How!"

The adventurers were dumbfounded as their attacks don't have any effect on the beast at all. The beast struck some of the adventurers with its paws, just like killing some ants, while others were directly bitten and eaten by it as it was enjoying its time.

Not even a minute has passed, and they were already dead, and the only one who was left are the five of them.

"Shit, it leaves to us now to survive!  You two, stay here and protect that skill-user lad until we can create a good opportunity."

Both leaders of the Roaring Serenity and Fallengarde looked at each other before making a slight nod. Then, both of them covered their weapons with their attributes and kicked the ground as they charged straight at the beast in the next moment.

One of them was a wind attribute as he covered the whole blade of the sword in the wind, enhancing his sword's sharp properties, making him able to cut metal like butter, while the other used his fire attribute and cover some of his body in the fire.

Seeing this, Sylphie thought for a moment that those two truly deserved to be the leader of their respective party.

"Although their techniques are not complete and polished, it's still impressive for them to reach their current state. It looks like I will going to make a move soon." Sylphie said to herself as she started to control her mana. "Get ready. We are going to move too."

"But they said to wait here until the signal."

"With their current strength, those two will not be going to last even ten seconds. Don't worry. I have a plan. I will go for the right eye while you go in the left. No matter how strong it is, as long as we can take out its vision, it will make things easier, or it should be."

"As for you." Sylphie looked at her back where the skill-user is. "Follow us slowly in the back, and the moment we created the opportunity, go and run as fast as you towards the beast and give it your all."

"I understand."

Sylhpie and the other started to move while the two who charged at the beast earlier barely held themselves from falling to the ground as their mana was already exhausted.

Sylphie took a deep breath, and her eyes started to get serious as she concentrated some of her mana on her feet while she put the remaining mana in her weapon, and soon her rapier started to radiate.

She closed some distance between her and the beast while she made a stance where she put her left arm in her front as she readied her rapier before jumping seven meters from the ground, and in the blink of an eye. She pierced right through the right eye of the beast effortlessly. Everything that happened was so fast that no one was able to react, even the beast itself.

"Don't tell me; it's the light attribute?!"

"Looks like this young lady hides very deep. Say, can you still use your weapon?"

"Heh, don't underestimate me. I can still swing my sword without effort."

Because of how fast it happened, it took some seconds before the beast felt the pain from its right eye as it started to growl, releasing a strong pressure in the surroundings.

25