Chapter 13 – Starting Line
440 12 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The sun was already up, and the birds started to sing. It was the start of another morning. *Yawn* I get up from my bed, having only my underwear. I didn't put much effort into putting on my clothes. Why?

Because I'm alone, and I'm pretty sure no one will bother to look. Half of it was because I'm just lazy to dress. I went to the kitchen half-naked and prepared the dried meat. I sat on the chair and started to eat.

The taste was the same as before. How long since I started eating this? I can't remember much, but I can't help to hate it. Dried meat can last for at least two weeks. How can I hate the source of my food! After eating, my hands went to the cup and drank the water that I got from the river.

Because the water is limited, I always went to the river to stack some water. Of course, the water that I would drink was boiled first to ensure that it was safe.

After that, I cleaned the table and took some rest time to digest the food in my stomach. Even though I said to digest the food, what I'm doing right now is lazing around, and I don't mind.

Another peaceful day, I want to continue staying like this forever until I become old. I lay in my bed again and took another nap. After waking again, this time, I went to get my clothes and put them on.

I put on the robe and raised the hood to cover my head, and grabbed the weapon I used. One, two, three... I grabbed a total of six daggers, two for each of my legs and another two for my waist.

All of them were hidden inside my clothes. It's like I'm an assassin which can only be seen in movies, and the only difference is that I'm living in reality.

Even now, I am amazed at myself, and I can't help making some cool poses. No... I have already done with those embarrassing poses that I made before. I don't want to remember it!

Of course, I didn't forget the most important thing, my potions. It's my life-saving grace. Speed potions, power potions, and health potions, all checked. I'm good to go now.

Now that I was all set, I opened the door and felt the fresh air from the surroundings. The surrounding trees were still tall as before, and abundant fruits could be seen from there.

I walked some distance and looked back at my house. It was a small wooden house, just enough for a person to live. The house's surroundings were covered in trees, and I built it near the top of the small cliff.

The house is not too shabby nor fancy. Yup, just like what I wanted, a perfect plain house! Right now, I was on my way to search for some herbs and fruits that I could find.

I also secured the surroundings to see if something was happening or any dangerous animals living in the forest, then I would eliminate it. If I'm lucky to find some deer or rabbit in the way, maybe I can roast it to have a delicious dinner tonight.

On my way to the forest, I picked some herbs that I could use to make some potions from time to time. My understanding and proficiency in my alchemy had already gone up compared back then, and I'm a bit pretty confident of it.

My bags have already been packed, and I collected enough herbs for the week. Now it's time for me to scout the place and hunt some possible food.

When I was about to leave, I heard a scream coming not far away from me. To my curiosity, I started to run and went where the noise was coming from.

What I saw was a boy and girl who were cornered by a pack of wolves. I remembered I already exterminated the wolf that was living in the forest last month. Are they perhaps came from deep inside the forest?

"L-Leo, what should we do?"

"It's alright, don't worry! I'm here. I won't allow any of these to touch you!"

It looks like they were siblings. How foolish, trying to reassure your sister when you were shaking. I doubt that you can save your sister, let alone yourself.

It can't be helped. I guess I can help those siblings a little, not because I can't stand to see what will happen to them. Compared to what I faced back then, these wolves are like puppies to me.

From what I counted, there were a total of seven wolves but not a problem to me. I took a tablet pill from my pouch and swallowed it before ensuring that my hood was intact. When a wolf was about to bite the boy, my hands went to my waist as I took the dagger and threw it right at the head of the wolf.

Bullseye! Both of them were startled because the wolf that was going to attack them died out of a sudden. But it is not over yet as I throw all of the daggers to each of them while ensuring I hit their vital parts, or so I said, in truth, I only went for their neck or head.

The one who was the last was a bit bigger than others, and it looked in the direction where the dagger came from.

"Oops, looks like I'm busted?" I said humorously.

I slowly walked away from where I was hiding, having my hands up making me look like I was surrendering, but the wolf didn't waste any time at all as it started to charge at me.

Before it was able to reach me, In an instant, I was already standing next to the boy, and I grabbed the dagger that was stuck on the head of the first wolf I killed earlier.

"You're an impatient one." I said while throwing the knife at the wolf.

The instant the wolf heard where my voice was coming from, it looked back, but what awaited it was the dagger already in its way and went straight at its head.

The wolf started to run at me despite the dagger stuck in its head, but before it could reach me, it already collapsed on the ground. I was able to kill all of them easily because of the tablet that I swallowed. I converted the speed potion into a tablet pill, yup, the same speed potion back then.

How was it? Am I cool, right? Praise me now! Thank me for saving your lives! Now that the siblings were out of danger, I approached them slowly but what I heard next was different from what I expected.

"G-go away, you monster! Don't come near us!" The boy said and grabbed a dagger that was stuck on the wolf that I killed earlier.

Eh?

What happened next was out of my control. My hands suddenly moved on their own and hit the boy in his gut. The boy's knees went into the ground while he was in pain.

My goodness, it's not my fault, okay? Calling me a monster when I saved your life.

"Are you okay?" I ignored the boy who was in pain, and I went straight to the girl.

"I-I' fine." The girl said with a weak voice.

Are you really okay? Because you don't look like one to me. I wanted to say that, but I didn't bother. Well, I already killed all those wolves, and I doubt that there are more, so I'm sure they will be fine.

"Okay, then I will be taking my leave now." I took all the daggers I used earlier and started to walk back to my house. "Ah, before I forgot, if you want to return the favor, you can found a house near the cliff over there. That's where I lived."

"W-wait! that house... Are you perhaps the witch?" she said.

"The... witch?!... Do I look like a witch to you?" I answered with an irritating voice.

"A-ah. Please don't be angry. I don't mean any harm or insult. It's just our village believed that a witch was living in the house near the cliff. Initially, we are on our way to meet you Majo-sama. Recently, an unknown disease has been spreading in our village. I want to save everyone, so, please... " The girl said while she was panicking.

"I still have many questions, but here, take this. This is enough. A small amount is already good for one person." I made a total of three health potions and gave them to the girl before I left.

"W-wait you!"

The boy was trying to say something to me with an angry expression on his face, but I didn't pay any attention to him, and I continued to walk away.

Now that she said that, It's already been two years since I came here. Back then, if I hadn't found a potion near the dead body of that adventurer, then I wouldn't be here right now.

After that, I decided to travel alone and trained so that that tragedy wouldn't happen anymore, but in the end, I decided to stay here for no reason.

Still, I'm pretty sure that my wounds at the time were so severe that a regular potion wouldn't work on it. Well, I don't care much about the details from before, and right now, I'm different. I'm not the weak and powerless Nagi, just like before. This time, I will protect everyone dear to me.

Finally, we have our first time skip. Nagi indeed changed. Not only that, but she became powerful too! I wonder about the others then! By the way, here's a new illustration of Nagi's time skip after two years! I'm excited to see Sylphie after two years and the other characters too!

jvMWXjr.png

19