TFA1 2.2 – Guests Who Should Not Be Underestimated
123 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

TFA1 2.2 – An Intimidating Guests

FOC South 860

08:10, 12 Feb 2025

The sentry personnel swiftly opened the portal, and a long convoy quickly passed the gate.

The convoy was carrying 480 TF Amethyst personnel from various groups in a vehicle consisting of:

 42 units M1151 Ripper

 72 units MTV of various variants

 14 units M1152 Carrier Personnel

 10 units M1152 Ambulance

 8   units M1152 Cargo

 6   units LAV Shorad

 1   unit   LAV Command

 1   unit   LAV Recovery

The road from FOC South 860 to Magwurt City had not yet been built. However, the convoy with ease passed the flat, dry, and hard terrains. Meanwhile, two officers observed the convoy from a watchtower.

"Captain, Southeast Triangle isn't finished yet, but we’re expanding outward. Isn't that too hasty?" asked Lieutenant Tig.

Captain Stark pondered for some time before answering, "Hasty or not, it’s depends on your point of view. If this operation brings us allies, then we are getting a valuable foothold."

"With the technological advantages we have, why would we bother looking for allies?"

Captain Stark didn't answer immediately, but tried to remember some intelligence about Amstell Continent.

In Amstell Continent there were 89 Regions categorized as the 3rd Authority, and 2 Kingdoms categorized as the 2nd Authority, with a total age of compulsory military service of 235 million. Even by employing weapon of mass destruction, killing more than 200 million people was not easy. Not to mention the after effects that must be taken care of.

Captain Stark then took a deep breath and explained, "It will take large resources to conquer Amstell Continent. Where the resources needed to build alliances with local authorities are much smaller.

That's why we should not create an impression of an aggressor that will unite Amstell Continent. Just do what's your job and don't think about what the Bigwigs in Harley Quine should think."

"Understood." 

Lt. Tig slightly nodded before looking at the convoy which was almost out of sight.

--- 

East Gate of Magwurt City

09:25, 12 Feb 2025

Centurion Kallie looked to the east while occasionally yawning. For him, guarding the city walls was a boring task. Given the city he had to guard was a dying city and no one was interested in visiting.

When he heard that someone was interested in renting farmland in Tuscan Region, Centurion Kallie immediately concluded that these people must be mentally ill. But this morning, he was notified that a large convoy would be coming from the east, and was asked not to show hostility. So Centurion Kallie was eagerly waiting for them, because it had been a long time since Magwurt City had visitors.

However, slowly but surely Centurion Kallie’s enthusiasm evaporated, as after three hours of waiting he still had not seen the convoy.

"It looks like this day will pass like any other, looking at the little patches of grass between the arid fields, under the scorching sun."

Centurion Kallie muttered before preparing to yawn one more time, but he was only half yawning when a cloud of dust appeared in the distance. He immediately grabbed the monocular at his waist and put it before his right eyes, and in instant he stuttered. More than a hundred big and small iron carriages were moving fast and full of intimidation even though no horse was towing them.

"Is this the convoy? But why is the iron carriage very similar to the carriage used in siege operations? Their speed is also too fast.”

Centurion Kallie immediately hardened his heart and decided that the safety of the city was absolute. He could not hesitate or the approaching convoy would pass through the city gates in an instant.

"Ring the alarm bell!"

"... Sir?"

Asked one of Tuscan Guards who stood next to Centurion Kallie, but he didn't have much time to think.

"I said ring the alarm bell, right now!"

Centurion Kallie screamed while grabbing the collar of Tuscan Guard’s member who doubted his orders.

"Sir!"

The Tuscan Guard’s member immediately answered loudly, and then he ran as fast as possible towards the bell tower. A moment later, alarm bells echoed through every corner of Magwurt City, followed by a frenzy that had never occurred in more than a decade.

---

East Gate of  Magwurt City

15:30, 12 Feb 2025

From the top of the city walls, General Khartoum surveyed the giant encampment 200 meters in front of him, which a dozen of iron carriage had just entered.

This morning he was about to have a heart attack when suddenly the alarm bells echoed through every corner of the city. However, after rushing to the city wall with thousands of Tuscan Guard’s personnel, he was told that the alarm bell was a misunderstanding.

General Khartoum immediately became furious and punished the Centurion who gave the order to sound the alarm bell. However, after he saw for himself how intimidating the Amethyst Merchant's convoy was, General Khartoum understood why the Centurion decided to sound the alarm bell. He then canceled the sentence imposed on the Centurion.

General Khartoum was also in awe after he personally witnessed it only took two hours for Amethyst Merchant to build a solid and huge camp. After that, they rushed to the southeast side of the city where the land given by Viscount Rattel was located. 

Then, they built a temporary shelter, a medical tent, a public kitchen, public baths, clean water facilities, and various other facilities. Also, since they arrived, their convoy had been back and forth carrying various loads, ranging from foodstuffs, medicine, tents, clothing, and other equipment.

To support his people, Viscount Rattel offered Tuscan Guard as mercenary for almost anyone, and General Khartoum was the field commander whom the Viscount trusted the most.

As a general full of real experience, General Khartoum knew very well how a large-scale military campaign should be carried out. Therefore, it was not difficult for him to see the military capability of Amethyst Merchant.

Massive mobilization, efficient and effective construction units and medical units, with technology levels far above Tuscan Region’s standards. Moreover, they came from the direction of Desolate Land which was full of Black Eagle and Gray Wolf.

The conclusion that came to General Khartoum's mind was, 'Tuscan Region will disappear from the map if it takes a hostile stance against Amethyst Merchant.'

Viscount Rattel had said that if Amethyst Merchant succeeded in growing Nouel or other foodstuffs in Tuscan Region, then tax exemption would not be possible because once Kingdom of Makai found about it, they would definitely impose taxes.

That's the reason why Viscount Rattell asked for payment in advance. So if in a later date Kingdom of Makai, which had been ignoring Tuscan Region for the last decade came knocking, Tuscan Region could calmly avert its face from Amethyst Merchant.

‘Ser Viscount, it looks like you will have to change your plans.’

Without delay, General Khartoum descended from the city walls and rushed towards Magwurt Castle. There were many things that he had to discuss with Tuscan Region’s high-ranking officials.

*****

2