TFA1 2.15 – Main Attack
100 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

TFA1 2.15 - Main Attack

Operations Control Room, Amethyst Merchant HQ

06:21, 2 April 2025

While looking at Fort Cambia through aerial footage from Reaper, Lt. Colonel Slane let out a deep sigh. LAV Mortar carried by TF Passer brought only 20 rounds of 120 mm mortar. Therefore, even though each salvo produced devastating damage, targets that could be hit were limited in numbers.

With the size of Fort Cambia that almost matched Magwurt City, the damage inflicted by TF Passer would be miniscule, and 80% of the defenders were still intact. However, right now, a massive retreat was happening at Fort Cambia.

'Looks like we have miscalculation this time,' Lt. Colonel Slane muttered while shaking his head.

Meanwhile, Tuscan Region's higher-ups dropped their jaw as they stared at the main screen. Especially, when they found dozens of Cloud Hawks slumped on the ground.

"Ser Slane, what weapon did TF Passer use to take down the Riders?" Viscount Rattel asked curiously.

"TF Passer uses a 30 mm airburst ammunition and Stinger missile that explodes when it reaches a certain distance from the target."

Tuscan Region’s higher-ups immediately felt that their heart was racing wildly, and it was almost out of control. It was no secret that until now there had been no effective weapon to counter Rider other than other Rider.

The 2nd world authority had indeed succeeded in developing a fire spear with an effective range up to 1 km. However, due to the maintenance complexities, these weapon systems had to be permanently deployed to defend strategic assets.

'Now, we don't need to worry about other Regions' Riders,' General Khartoum muttered before asking, "Ser Slane, can you explain how Stinger missiles work?"

"Well, it's a bit difficult to explain technically, but in short it has sensor that can pick up on the difference in temperature between the target and the area around it, and then use it as a base to guide the Stinger towards the target. This method is called contrast lock-on."

"?"

"We could also use ultraviolet emissions as a lock-on basis if the target temperature was too small."

"??"

"Or, combining the heat and ultraviolet emission to produce a more solid locking. The combination of the two is referred to as a Rosette Scan."

"??????"

As question marks piled up on the foreheads of Tuscan Region’s higher-ups, one of the communication specialists turned his head towards Lt. Colonel Slane.

"Sir, Forward Observers on the west wall reports that Northern Coalition encampment is showing signs of retreating."

LtC. Slane took a deep breath before saying, "Don't let them get away."

"Aye Sir."

In an instant, the display on the main screen changed to Northern Coalition Camp, complete with dozens of markings indicating high-value targets.

--- 

2nd Battery of MTV Multi Launcher Rocket System 122, Castle Magwurt.

During its formation, TF Amethyst actually wanted M142 HIMARS to be backbone of Rocket Artillery Battery. Unfortunately for one, two, and many other reasons this intention was not achieved.

The desire to acquire ASTROS II from Brazil as an alternative was also hampered by various reasons. In the end the choice fell on BM-21, but Vex decided to build it from scratch using components available on the market.

Five-tons Medium Tactical Vehicle was chosen as a launcher and ammunition carrier vehicle. The launch tubes, ammunition, and various other parts were purchased from Poland and the Czech Republic. Meanwhile, a kit that would increase the accuracy of 122 mm rockets was purchased from Israel.

Generators, electrical systems, fire control systems, communications systems, integrated networks, or other software were bought from black market suppliers from the US of A. The results turned out to be quite decent. MTV MLRS 122 was able to provide saturation in an area of ​​400 square meters to a distance of 30 km. 

The person responsible for the birth of MTV MLRS 122 was Major Demitri, a brilliant artillery officer in the Russian Army, who would have become a colonel, had he not incurred the wrath of a two-star officer in his unit.

A few seconds ago Major Demitri received the main attack's launching code. In an instant he stuttered, but only for a moment. Major Demitri immediately relayed the order to his man. A moment later, 8 units MTV MLRS 122 were ready to start the salvo. 

Then, the fire control system on each MTV MLRS 122 started received the coordinate of targets. The sequence was based on target priority and value. Each master gunner then activated the fire control in fully autonomous mode. After that, they only had to supervise the entire firing process from the fire control panel in front of him.

--- 

2nd Battery of MTV Self Propelled Howitzer 155, Castle Magwurt.

The MTV SPH 155 used by TF Amethyst was a photocopy of Caesar SPH 155 mm made in France. It was built on the same principles as MTV MLRS 122, by using components and spare parts available on the market with priority to use the domestic product.

Major James almost choked on the sandwich he was enjoying, when the launching code for main attack was came in through the radio in his shoulder.

"I thought the mortar battery would be the opening dish. Who would have thought the main menu was served straight from the start?"

In two big bites, Major James finished his sandwich. Then, he cheerfully distributed instructions to the crew of MTV SPH 155 from 2nd Battery. Not long after that, 8 canons of MTV SPH 155 were pointing at west and ready to fire.

---

Northern Coalition Camp.

06:23, 2 April 2025

With a complicated gaze, Viscount Grakh looked at the western wall of Magwurt City. A moment ago his assistant forcibly woke him up, for an emergency message came from Fort Cambia. It was stating that the fort had just received a fatal attack, three Riders Squadrons stationed at the fort were wiped out and General Balthor was killed.

And when Viscount Grakh asked for confirmation from Fort Cambia, he received no reply. Then, while he had waited anxiously, a retreating order came from Count Weizz, emphasizing that he had to bring home as many personnel as possible.

Although he did not understand why he was asked to make a quick retreat before a single incursion was launched, Viscount Grakh did not dare to ignore Count Weizz's direct orders. Of course, the retreat couldn't be done in a few breaths of time.

"Ser Viscount, please immediately retreat like Baron Eslei and Baron Mhors," Viscount Grakh’s assistant said urgently.

But Viscount Grakh shaked his head before turned towards the outer perimeter, where the retreating convoy had just started leaving. He fully aware that if he retreated now, the personnel would started to speculate, then anxiety would engulf the camp. 

"Just make sure the retreat is complete as soon as possible and we'll be fine."

Booom!  Booom!  B-boboboooommm!

As if it was to refute Viscount Grakh's words, explosion after explosion ravaged the convoy that he was observing, followed by pieces of human bodies that flew in all directions. A few breaths later, another chain of explosions hit the biggest concentration of Northern Coalition’s personnel.

"W-What kind of attack is this?"

With a gaze filled with horror, Viscount Grakh looked at Northern Coalition Camp, which rapidly turned into a living hell.

---  

Western Wall of Magwurt City

The faces of Tuscan Guard’s members and Magwurt City's residents instantly turned as pale as corpses when a chain of thunder was heard from within Castle Magwurt. Panic and chaos soon enveloped every corner of Magwurt City. 

Children and elderly were rushed to the shelter, while Tuscan Guard’s members on the street were preparing for the worst scenario and desperately calmed their hearts. However, their worries turned into a big question mark as hundreds of fire spears flew towards the west while leaving a hissing sound and trails of smoke.

Meanwhile, Tuscan Guard members who were guarding the western wall looked at Northern Coalition Camp with wide eyes and hanging mouths. It was natural because without prior warning, they were asked to witness the wrath of the gods that befalling to the camp.

In an instant, Northern Coalition Camp was torn apart, but the rain of explosion that ravaged the camp had no sign of receding.

Several Magwurt City’s residents then climbed to the west wall, before calling other residents, and soon the western wall was filled with eyewitnesses to the destruction of Northern Coalition Camp.

'Who is the moron in charge of guarding the perimeter? This is not a fireworks display, but a serious offensive.'

Private Keane, who became one of the Forward Observers on west wall, complained inwardly when a girl suddenly stood beside him, on a pile of sandbags that he used to sit on when he on a break.

While looking at the fireworks that fell on Northern Coalition Camp, the girl muttered with admiration, "Whoaah! The fireworks are so huge."

Private Keane took a deep sigh, but he didn't chase away the girl. Instead, he ensured that the girl was not squashed by people behind her.

*****

2