TFA1 3.10 – First Breach
76 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

TFA1 3.10 - First Breach

Lieutenant Rodriguez swiftly led 15 personnel from CQB Company, 2 Combat Engineers, and 2 Communications Specialists hike to the top of Rocky Hill. His mission was to block the opposing side’s communication network.

The Signal Squadron under IDG hadn’t grasped how crystal communicator worked. So the blocking operation must be carried out using a direct intervention.

Based on intel from IDG, the target was a rock mound on the highest peak and had barred windows facing four cardinal directions. Pointman found it just when the raid command was launched by Colonel Meyer.

Wasting no time Lieutenant Rodriguez gave the order, "We're going in."

The security perimeter immediately erected. Meanwhile, one of the pointmen peered into the mound where transmitter for crystal communicator was located.

"Nobody home," the pointman whispered over the radio.

The two combat engineers then grinned before starting to work. First, they measured the thickness and density of the mound walls. Then calculate the required blast power and pattern

After that, drilling was started using a 2 mm steel bolt, followed by a larger bolt until a 10 mm diameter hole and 15 cm long was formed. In 80 minutes, 32 holes with a zigzag pattern were created. Then, they inserted TNT as big as pencil into each borehole.

The combat engineers chose TNT because to destroy a structure from inside, a low-velocity but heavy explosion was more effective than a high-velocity sharp explosion, because the impact would last longer inside the wall and created wider cracks. This was also the reason why dynamite was used in mining, rock blasting, and building destroying.

The problem was, unlike plastic explosive, the factory-made TNT was produced in the form of a block. So, the Combat Engineer Platoon had to produce their TNT and shaped it according to the field need. It was not an easy job, considering that TNT was one of the most difficult explosives to mix manually. 

Fortunately, the Combat Engineer Platoon had a lot of explosive junkies who thought that any challenge in the process of explosive production was a bliss. Therefore, the production of home-made TNT went smoothly.

Bam!

All of the TNT was detonated simultaneously, but the sound was no louder than a single blow to a sandbag and without vibration or shaking. A moments later, the cracks in the mound's wall collapsed to form a 2×1 m hole and a pile of gravel beneath it.

After the room was secured, the two communications specialists started their work immediately. They carefully examined the transmitter for crystal communicator in the center of the room.

There were four transmitters. It had a shape like a spotlight, 40 cm in diameter, and each facing a window.  After examining the transmitter holder that penetrated the floor, the two communication specialists immediately concluded.

"Their communication post is below this room."

"Bingo."

Pointman confirmed the communications specialist's deduction by pointing to the iron hatch he was guarding.

The two combat engineers then checked the structure and thickness of iron hatch. After making a short calculation, they turned their gaze to Lieutenant Rodriguez.

""Very sturdy, but we could blow it up.""

Lieutenant Rodriguez instantly frowned.  "A large entry point is ideal. But we're not out in the open. We shouldn't attract attention either."

One of the communications specialists immediately added, "We should also take the entire crystal communicator as intact as possible."

The sparkling in the two combat engineers' gazes immediately dimmed, then in a low voice the two said, ""We will use cold breach then.""

Within 2 minutes, the two combat engineers managed to trick the lock on the iron hatch. Two team members then prepared to open the hatch, while the two pointmen and four team members prepared to enter.

"Ready."

"Set."

"Go."

As soon as the iron hatch was opened, the first pointman immediately aimed his silenced Glock 19 to every corner of his view. Surprisingly, he found no movement or sound from within the room, but he smelled blood and some burning.

Without delay, the first pointman jumped down and he found three bodies lying on the floor, in a pool of blood. Meanwhile, a pile of scrolls was being devoured by the fire in the hearth.

"Cover me."

The first pointman immediately ran to the hearth to save the scroll that had not been devoured by fire. Meanwhile, the second pointman who had just set foot in the room swiftly protected him.

 --- 

Major Jansen carefully observed the 3x2 meter hole in the blocking wall. Destroying the concrete on the blocking wall was not difficult. The problem was, inside the blocking wall there was an iron frame made of iron bars with a diameter of 2 cm.

"How long will it take to cut this iron frame?"

Combat engineer Phillips immediately replied, "It will take time, but we're doing our best."

"Good."

Under Combat Engineer Phillips' direction, the process of cutting the iron frame then began. At the same time, Major Jansen received a radio call.

[High Raider to Main Raider, do you read me?]

"Main Reader to High Raider, loud and clear, go ahead."

[We secured the communication post and some documents. Three operators of crystal communicator were already dead when we entered.]

"Good, stand by and be vigilant for now. We still haven't crossed the first blocking wall."

[Received and understood, High Raider, over and out.]

--- 

East Raider was the first team to arrive at the special tunnel which connected to the center of the gold mine, and as expected, once the guards in the special tunnel were cornered, they immediately lowered the blocking wall.

The combat engineer then used TNT to knock the blocking wall down. As for the iron frame, they heating it using a handheld welding, sprayed it with freezing liquid, and finally hit it with a hammer.

When the last blocking wall was ready to be torn down, Sergeant Adams reported to Camp Terry. Ten minutes later, he heard Colonel Meyer launch the attack order.

"We have green, get in your position."

Swiftly, the East Raider personnel dispersed and took a prone position. After the combat engineer signaled that the detonator was ready, one of personnel immediately turned the carbide lamps off.

Bam!

The concrete on the blocking wall immediately collapsed, and a row of huge shields appeared in the distance.

---

As soon as his men lowered the blocking walls and blocked the special tunnel, Centurion Mutt immediately breathed a sigh of relief.  

Even though the fire arrows used by the demons in black clothes were able to penetrate the huge shield, he was sure that it wouldn’t be able to penetrate the blocking wall. Of course, Centurion Mutt still ordered his remaining men to set up a defensive perimeter around the last blocking wall.

With a pounding heart, Centurion Mutt then waited. However, an hour later the last blocking wall still stood still. So he began to relax. 

However, without warning, the center of the last blocking wall suddenly collapsed and formed a 3x2 meter hole.

'Bastard!'

Centurion Mutt's heart stopped beating for a moment. He realized that there was still some iron frame to hold the demons in black clothes. However, if the demons in black clothes could reach the last blocking wall, then the iron frame was not enough to hold them. So, Centurion Mutt took initiative to attack.

"Don't be afraid! Archer, release the salvo while iron frame on the blocking wall hold them.”

After strengthening his resolve, Centurion Mutt loudly gave the order, and the archer squad immediately responded. However, before first salvo of arrows was launched, flash after flash appeared from the dark tunnel behind the last blocking wall.

A moment later, Centurion Mutt and all of his men had collapsed to the floor, lying on top of their pool of blood.

*****

2