Chapter 8: Girl problems
308 2 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It’s a restless night, I’m tired, but I can’t really fall asleep. We’re all still mourning the dead of Mary. You can periodically hear the girls crying in their pillow…. *sigh* this is truly a cruel world we now live in

“H-Hey Ren”

Rina crawled over towards the futon where I was sleeping… Is she seriously only wearing underwear? I mean it’s dark, but I can still see everything very clearly, probably due to those blood dragon genes.

“What’s up Rina?”

“I wanted to apologize for my rudeness earlier, you were actually really cool back there. Thanks for protecting me an Aoi, I know we weren’t always super nice to you.”

“Don’t worry about it… I’m just sad I couldn’t do more for Mary…”

“Hey, it’s not your fault, don’t beat yourself up. You did the best you could and nobody expected a zombie to suddenly attack her…”

“Thanks Rina, I mean it. I thought you could only be rude, but you surprisingly know what to say in situations like these…”

“Well… I wouldn’t say that situations like this are exactly new to me…. Besides, I was only rude because you were so passive all the time, I hated that about you… but now…”

“Now?”

“Never mind… I wanted to take you up on your offer from earlier, I would like you to protect me… in exchange I can offer you…. Well you know, my like, body or whatever.”

“I’m still a virgin Rina I don’t think that’s a good idea ah-ha.”

“S-So am I !”

“Thanks for the offer, but you shouldn’t give your body away that easily… you should value yourself more. If you join my group I will protect you no matter what, as long as you work hard enough to earn your keep”

you dummy

“What?”

“I just said that you should also protect Aoi you dummy! She is probably too afraid you still hold a grudge against her… But she was truly heartbroken when she heard those rumors! So don’t hold it against her please….”

“Hmph to just believe those baseless rumors without confirming it with me first…. But fine I’ll also protect her while we travel together.”

She went back to the bed were Aoi was sleeping giving me a full view of her ass while she was crawling back. Shit… maybe I should have taken her up on that offer.

*Ding*

“Mission completed: Host gets 2x item wheel draw”

“Sweet redeem those item draw’s for me system!”

“alright… calculating…. Host won 3x random stat capsules and 1x Iron Machete of Rage.”

“Cool, can you explain to me what these stat capsules and that machete do?”

“The Stat capsules randomly increase one of your stats by 2-5 stat points, the Iron Machete of Rage increases the wielders Strength by 10 stat points.”

“Alright redeem all the stat capsules for me system! And I guess Aoi or Rina can have the machete since I can already use my blood talons to fight.”

“Redeeming stat capsules…. Calculating… The host gets 7 Speed stat points and 4 Defense stat points. Displaying your new status…”

Name: Ren Hitori

Title: Leader of the Pack: Alpha Male

Progress: Virgin Loser

Mutation: 0                     Physical LV: 0

Group

 Leader: Ren

Members: Rina

Abilities

Gene abilities: Blood Storage, Blood Talons, Blood Sense,  Blood syphon, Blood spears

Special: Rival/Mate scout, Blood crystal refinement

Stats

Sense: 11      |    Power: 6

Stamina: 4     |      Magic: 0

Defence: 9     |     Speed: 11

Items

1x Iron Machete Of Rage

Crystals

4

Guess I’m now a step closer to a normal/healthy adult male.

“Uugghh I’m hungry… Don’t we have anything for breakfast Aoi?”

“Ooh stop complaining Rina, Tanaka ran off with our supplies remember?”

“Ugghh like seriously, fuck that guy! Hey Ren wake up you sleepyhead!”

I wake to Rina sitting on my futon… Heavy… I finally shake her off and we get ready to open the dorm room.

“B-Be careful Ren…”

“Don’t worry Rina we’ll be fine.”

I first use Blood sense which doesn’t give any reaction… I open the door, and luckily my ability seems to be reliable, there aren’t any zombies in front of the dorm.

“Aoi and Rina, go harvest the crystals from the zombies I killed last night, they could come in handy.”

To my surprise they harvested the 4 crystals without complaining. I decapitated the only zombie that was still blocking the front door with my blood talons and called the girls over.

“Here Rina take this machete, it should make you more powerful, with this you can protect yourself in dangerous situations.”

“Oooh but I thought you were going to protect me Ren.” – She has an innocent smile on her face, she is obviously making fun of me… But why is Aoi pouting?

“Sure Sure, just be carefull, here Aoi take this bat… It was Mary’s… She would have wanted you to have it.”

I harvest the crystal from the zombie I just killed and put it in my bag together with the other crystals, there are 9 crystals in total now… Or I guess 14 after I use my crystal refinement ability on all these corpses… What a cheat, but hey I’m not complaining, I can use all the help I can get in order to build my safe haven.

“Okey Aoi, Rina, let’s go to the boy’s dormitory and rescue those girls!”

But as soon as I had some happy thoughts for once, Aoi had to ruin it:

“Hmph yeah right, knowing you, you probably have some ulterior motives, you pervert!”

“Seriously Aoi what’s your problem, I’ve been tolerating your behavior this entire trip, we already broke up, get – over – it.”

“How dare you talk to me like that! After everything you did… Don’t think I didn’t catch you staring at Mary and Rina earlie-“

*SLAP*

“LEAVE MARY OUT OF THIS, I’VE HAD IT WITH YOU! YOU CAN JUST GO BACK TO REO ON YOUR OWN IF YOU HATE ME THAT MUCH, I will personally rescue those girls if I have to!

It’s what Mary would have wanted…”

I felt better after slapping Aoi, but soon felt regret… that might have been a bit too harsh… she probably didn’t mean it like that… But goddam why doesn’t she just shut up, she really gets on my nerves.

11