Chapter 21: The Ilf race
202 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*PING*

“Alert! Host has acquired sufficient strength, now unlocking his first major mission.... mission statement: Guild creation, recruit 50 new people and establish a main base of operation. No other missions will appear before the host completes this one. Upon completion host will be able to access a new altar tab and receive: 1x 2 star Altar, 1x Physical enhancer [2], 2x Item Wheel draw, 1x Special ability draw.”

“Euuggh.. so early in the morning.”

I wake up with Rina still naked and sleeping next to me, she really didn’t let me go until she was fully satisfied, it feels like I just ran a marathon.

This mission seems a bit difficult, but those rewards are really generous, I even get a 2 star altar upon completion. Well, it’s not like I can deny the mission anyways… I might be able to complete the mission if I take over the military base…

“Hey Rina wake up.”

I poke her forehead until she finally wakes up.

“Euuhgg… I can’t feel my legs… you should be a bit less intense next time Ren.”

“Like you’re one to talk!”

We both laugh and then get dressed. We enter Himari’s room where Yuma, Himari, Daichi and Sakura are already gathered and discussing something.

“Ren, Rina! That took you guys a while… well it’s alright, you probably didn’t get a lot of sleep right?”

Yuma gave me a cheeky wink while he said that.

“You on the other hand probably slept like a log, right Yuma?”

“Hmph, just wait until we expand our group and recruit more females, I’ll be drowning in poontang then haha!”

“Big bro, what is poontang?”

“D-Don’t worry about it Sakura… Ughm, let’s head to the dining room to eat, we can discuss our plans there. Sarah and Aoi stood up early in the morning to cook breakfast for us… I can’t wait to try Sarah’s cooking…”

We head to the dining hall where Aoi and Sarah have indeed prepared a feast for us.

“Since the freezers here were still working, we were able to cook some fish and rice for you guys…”

Aoi suddenly looks at me.

“I-I hope everyone enjoys enjoy the meal…”

This was our first proper meal in a while, we made sure to savor it. After I finished my plate Aoi asks me:

“D-Did you like it Ren?”

“Yeah, absolutely amazing! The fish is cooked just right!”

“T-Thanks, I actually cooked that fis-“

Suddenly Rina, who is sitting next to me, is holding a piece of fish between her chopsticks in front of my face.

“Here Honey, say aaaah…”

“That’s a bit embarrassing Rina… a-alright then… *CHOMP* delicious!”

It was a bit awkward for me since I’m supposed to be the strong leader, but it looks like the rest of the group didn’t really mind. They didn’t even seem that surprised by our display of affection, for some reason Aoi did look a bit pissed though.

After we finished our meal, Daichi suddenly speaks up:

“Himari, can you tell us which genes you have awakened?”

“Of course, I awakened the genes of the Ilf race… I got a lot of passive abilities and also some active ones.”

“Congratulations host, the Ilf race specializes in long range attacks, perfect to balance out your current roster of fighters. Be careful however, the Ilf race is also capable of exploiting the hosts most vulnerable weakness…”

Which is?”

“… Sexual attraction”

“T-That’s not my biggest weakness!”

Oops, looks like I said that last part out loud, now everybody is looking at me confused.

“E-Eeuhm… So what are your active abilities?”

“My first ability is ‘Magic Bow’ which can summon an ethereal bow that shoots arrows made up of mana, apparently there are all kinds of arrows with different effects, but I can only create standard arrows for now, as I don’t know the spells for the others.”

“Hmmm… you’ll probably need a crystal concentrate in order to access those other arrows…”

“I-I’m not sure. My second ability is ‘Natures Eye’ which allows me to see every little detail in my field of vision and also sources of magic power. Finally I have the ability: ‘Radiance’ which envelopes my skin in a blindingly bright light.”

“Sounds good, you’ll be our scout with your ‘Natures Eye’ and long range attacking capabilities, your ‘Radiance’ can also be very helpful as a human flashbang of sorts…”

“H-Hey don’t call me a human flashbang Ren!”

“Sorry haha, but that ability would be a good distraction for our team. By the way, what are those passive abilities you mentioned before?”

“W-Well… some of them are a bit embarrassing… my first passive ability is long life, which lets me live up to 500 years old and grants me permanent youthfulness along with these pointy ears.”

She lifts up her hair to showcase her new pointy ears… looks like me and Daichi are thinking the same thing since he lets slip:

“E-Elf…”

“I’m an Ilf! Anyways, my other passive ability is ‘connected to mother earth’, which improves my likeability concerning animals and sentient plants. A-And my final passive ability… is… amslijfmsefq

Looks like Aoi, who was sitting next to her, also couldn’t hear what she just said:

“I’m sorry Himari, what was your last ability?”

“I SAID MY FINAL ABILITY IS SEXY BODY!!.... I-It apparently automatically adapts my body to the preferences of the person I hold most dear to me…”

I can’t help myself but check her potential again with my mate scout… her chest size did indeed grow to DD… well I guess most guys would prefer a larger chest…

“O-Okay… If everyone is finished with their meal, we should pack some food and head towards the mall to find Sarah’s and Aoi’s parents.”

Himari still looked a bit red in the face but she did help pack some food and even brought up an old-timey revolver:

“My Grand-dad was a huge fan of old rifles and revolvers, this was a piece from his personal collection and apparently it can shoot actual bullets, however I only found 6 magazines with 8 bullets each.”

“That’s great Himari, I think you should hold on to it. Your ‘Natures Eye’ works great for guns and other long range weapons. Did your grandfather ever teach you how to use a gun?”

“Of course he did, he taught me from when I was only 6 years old. He used to always brag to his friends that his granddaughter could shoot a moving pheasant through the trees, but I’m not at the level of my grand-dad yet.”

“T-That’s okay, I think you have the most experience out of all of us here…”

“Really? I think I'm still lacking though, but if you say so… then we are ready to head to the mall!”

5