Chapter 11: Teambuilding
251 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I walked up to the sacrificial altar with my bag full of crystals.

*FLASH*

I find myself in a white room with a screen in front of me, there is also a timer counting down from 5 minutes, guess I can only escape from this hellhole for 5 minutes.

The screen displays 4 categories: food, weapons, armor, misc. It also displays the number 1 at the bottom of the screen next to the numbers 0/500, my guess would be that the altar can be upgraded if we buy 500 crystals worth of stuff.

I browse through all the categories and quickly find that everything is way to overpriced, I mean you seriously want 50 crystals for a strength enhancing bat?! That’s a rip off! Even the machete I gave to Rina is stronger than that chunk of wood. Maybe the system just delivers high quality goods? Since that Yuri guy got that bat as an first-discovery reward it should probably be pretty decent for a level 1 altar.

I browse through the sections… Even a Physical enhancer costs 100 crystals… Fuck, guess I still lack resources. I can’t find any gene enhancers for sale either, so I just buy some medical supplies and food for 20 crystals. The numbers at the bottom change to: 20/500. Guess I was right.

I exit the altar and hold up 6 cup noodles.

“Looks like we are eating noodles for dinner guys! Come here and praise your leader for finding such delicious meals.”

“Are you seriously going to let Aoi eat that? Did you waste all our crystals on Ramen? I told you guys we shouldn’t let Ren be our leader!”

“It’s fine Sarah, I’ll eat what is given to me. You should be more thankful instead.”

“I-I’m only trying to protect you…” – Sarah pouts her cheeks – “Here at least eat this curry flavored one!”

“Stop being such a picky eater Sarah, cup noodles are a great calorie source for the amount of crystals I paid for them, plus they taste super good!”

“Hmph, I’d rather starve than eat the food you bought for me.”

“Well suit yourself Sarah… Itadakimasu!”

As we all enjoyed our evening meal, Sarah’s stomach started growling. We all laughed for the first time as a group. After some convincing she finally tried some of Yuma’s noodles and actually quite liked it. She’s like a cute animal, a cute tsundere animal.

“Okay guys those Ramen are not the only things I got from the altar.”

I took out the gene and physical enhancers, that I got from my mission-reward, and laid them out on the table.

“You guys probably know what this is right? I got two physical enhancers, 1 concentrated crystal and 1 gene awakener. I’ll use the concentrated crystal for myself since nobody awakened any genes except for me, I’ll also take 1 physical enhancer since I am the main zombie-slayer of the group.”

Daichi violently stood up from his chair.

“WOW, so you got real super powers?! When I heard the rabbit talking about it I was skeptical, but also really excited!”

“Yeah Daichi no worries, in time, I’ll give all of you guys physical enhancers and the ones with dormant genes I’ll also give gene awakeners.”

“H-How do we know if we got dormant genes?!” his eyes were sparkling with youthful splendor.

“W-Well I have my methods.”

I looked at all of them with my rival/mate scout. As I already saw, Aoi has a potential of A, Rina a potential of B, Himari has a potential of… S! and a cup size of D! Impressive, as expected of our school princess… meanwhile Sarah seems to have a potential of F and a cup size of A….I see… both equally disappointing….

Yuma has a current strength of F and Daichi a current strength of G… that doesn’t really tell me anything about their dormant genes tho…. Do I first have to see them as potential mating partners before I can see their potential…..

I quickly erase those thoughts out of my head.

“Y-Yeah so, Aoi, Himari and Rina have dormant genes for sure and Sarah doesn’t… I can’t know for certain if Yuma or Daichi have any dormant genes tho…”

“HOW COULD YOU KNOW IF I HAVE POTENTIAL OR NOT, AND WHAT IS WITH THAT DISSAPOINTED LOOK? YOU BIG DUMMY!”

“W-Wel just trust me on this, okay guys? Let’s just say It’s part of my gene awakening.”

Daichi sat back down and didn’t have the same enthusiasm as before:

“Ooh well, maybe in the future we will know for sure…. Anyway I think In this situation we should give Yuma the other physical enhancer since he has fighting experience. We can give the gene awakener to one of the girls, since we know for sure that they have dormant genes.”

“Yeah I think thats a good plan Daichi, Are you okay with getting a physical enhancer Yuma?”

“Sure Ren, if it helps in rescuing my sister and protecting the group, I’ll take as many physical enhancers as you want haha.”

“Great, and which one of the girls wants to take a gene awakener?

Rina stands up and grabs the little blue pill of the table.

“I’ll do anything if it helps ren achieve his goals!”

“W-Wait since when did you becomes so loyal? But more importantly be careful with that. You’ll be unconscious after consumin-“

*THUD*

While I was talking she already ate the gene awakener and fell to the ground.

“WHOAA! R-Ren how daring of you!”

When Rina awoke she found the rest of us sleeping next to her, and me sleeping in the same bed since she wouldn’t let go of my shirt when I tried to mover her to a soft bed instead of the gym floor.

“Y-You wouldn’t let go of my shirt, the others are also sleeping here. Well the girls are only sleeping here because they didn’t want to leave me alone with you and the guys because they felt left out.”

She hugged me with her breast pressing against me:

“Aw you don’t have to be shy about it!”

Meanwhile everyone was already awake and looking at us, Aoi looked kind of mad and the guys really jealous.

“Ughumm… Anyway which gene did you awaken Rina?”

“ yeah so like, I heard a voice say that I have awakened the genes of the ‘dimensional jester’ race or something like that…. It doesn’t sound all that powerful tho.”

“Congratulations Host, a dimensional jester is a valuable asset to any team. They specialize in support and are very unpredictable.”

“Which abilities did you get? By the way, I can probably tell you guys now that I awakened the blood dragon genes, so most of my abilities are blood based.”

“Really? I was sure you were a vampire or something…. D-don’t look at me like that, I’m sure I wasn’t the only one!”

Everybody looks at me and then at the ground in guilt… god dammit I’m not a vampire!

“Ah wait a minute… So those tiny horns on your head are, like, dragon horns or something like that?”

“Yeah obviously, wait, why didn’t anyone say anything about them before?”

“A-Ah well… I thought you were trying to be cool by cosplaying, I didn’t want to offend you by pointing them out…”

Aoi agreed:

“Yeah, me and Sarah also thought you were suffering from 8th grader syndrome or something.”

Yuma even joined in:

“I just thought it was a birth defect I hadn’t noticed before…”

“COME ON GUYS, they are obviously cool dragon horns. I mean it’s not like I choose to wear them or something, they are just a part of my new powers… Don’t look at me with pity like that, I swear they can’t come off!”

Suddenly something touched my leg.

“Yeah I believe you Ren, look I also got a cute tail after consuming that gene awakener!”

Rina caressed my leg with what looks to be some sort of devil/succubus tail. The group stared at it in shock.

“D-Did you push your weird fetishes on Rina? Poor Rina!”

“No! Both the tail and horns are real!!”

After I let them touch my horns, everyone started to believe me and I finally cleared my name.

“A-Anyways I got 3 new abilities: I can access a Pocket dimension that has 2 cubic meters of space, with ‘present’ I can boost a random stat or ability of the person I cast it on.  My last ability ‘Master of disguise’ lets me transform myself into any person I have touched.”

*POOF*

She transforms her face into that of mine, she looks exactly like me?! But there is a small or rather ‘big’ problem when I look down. My cheeks turn red:

“Euuhmm Rina, I thought you could change your entire body? Why are your things still pressing against me?”

She turns back into her regular form.

“Hahaha sorry, guess I still have to practice a little. I’m such a klutz” – She tries to act cute, but I’m not so sure if that was an accident.

Aoi looks irritated:

“Hmph, stop flirting you two! let’s sleep, we still have to rescue Yuma’s sister in the morning.”

11