Chapter 13: Experimentation
265 4 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“R-Ren… You said we were going to have fun together, but you’re only biting my neck… Although I can also get used to this, it feels kind of nice...”

*Slurp* I wipe off some blood that was still on my lip.

“Sorry Rina, I wanted to test all my new abilities so I kind of need some extra blood storage right now. Could you please help me for a bit longer? You said you wanted to earn your keep right?”

“F-Fine, but I’ll only give you a little…”

I draw the summon magic circle in the air, Rina looks impressed, but it takes around 3 liters and 5 minutes to accurately recreate. Once I finish a flash of lights appears again, and a little flying imp-like demon appears it looks quite cute and it’s even holding a little trident.

“Awww Ren, can we keep it? Look at this little feller, you’re a cute one aren’t you.”

The imp flies towards Rina, who has her arms open, and lands in her ample bosom… Am I jealous of my summon? Perhaps, but god damn does it look comfortable there.

“B-Be careful Rina, it might bite or something.”

Suddenly everything is dark in front of me, I try to move my head but nothing happens… suddenly someone lifts my head and I feast my eyes upon an enormous pair of breasts… wait a minute…

“Those are Rina’s breasts!”

“W-What are you suddenly saying!”

Rina stands up and I suddenly get thrown off, but it now feels like I’m hovering in mid-air…

“A-Although if you want to take a look.. I guess it’s fine for a little while…”

“Wait Rina, I think I can look out of my summons eyes if I focus.”

I try focusing on using my own eyes again and sure enough I return to my original vision. And see that Rina is murmuring something to herself.

“Sweet! Hey Rina can I suck a bit of your blood? I still got other abilities to test.”

Rina doesn’t respond, it looks like she is in her own little world. I approach her from behind and bite her neck, she flinches and then moans… I’ll just try to ignore her weird reactions.

Rina blushes:

“Ren, you should have warned me before you started sucking… you really did turn into a vampire didn’t you…”

“N O T        A        V A M P I R E!”

I tested out 2 more spells until Rina said she started to feel dizzy, I wouldn’t want her to be low on blood if we run into any zombies so I let her recover.

The Life Steal magic circle is cheap and easy to construct, it functioned a bit like blood syphon. It also healed my external wounds, but it gave me back less blood. It siphoned blood with these 2 meter long tendrils that would puncture tiny holes into the victims skin, needless to say Rina didn’t enjoy this experiment very much.

When I used Blood Berserk I could feel that my blood was pumping a lot faster than before, my horns grew longer, my strength and speed increased drastically, but I couldn’t think straight anymore. It also only lasted for about 10 minutes.

Unfortunately the magic circle for blood berserk is quite large and complicated. I don’t think I can gather enough blood for a blood clone anymore since that magic circle also seems to be quite large. Unless I could syphon blood from another ‘blood bag’-euhm I mean ‘team member’

Right on cue Himari walks in on us and asks us what we are doing.

“Hmm perfect…”

“R-Rina why… why is he smiling so creepily?”

“Rina hold her down!”

Rina holds Himari down while I sink my fangs in her neck and drink around 2 liters of her blood.

“Kya! You told us you weren’t a vampire?! Why did you help him Rina… Oh no… am I going to turn into a vampire now?”

“No! I’m not a vampire! I just needed to draw some blood in order to activate my last magic circle.”

This magic circle definitely takes the most blood to complete, but it is not that complicated to form. After about 1 minute, the circle is ready and after the flash of light, an exact copy of me is created. It seems like I can control it with just my thoughts.

Himari looks shocked:

“W-Wow that’s amazing Ren!”

Even Rina was excited:

“Yay! Two Ren’s.”

She runs up to the newly created Ren and gives it a hug… sadly, Ren 2.0 immediately melts into a red puddle on the floor.

“R-Ren ?! Nooooooo!”

“Relax Rina, you know that was just a clone. It seems like they can’t take much damage before they disappear though…”

I should practice drawing my circles from now on. Otherwise they would be hard to use during actual combat. Even if I ask nicely, my enemies probably won’t give me 5 minutes to draw a magic circle in the air. I should get it down to a couple of seconds or I could prepare the really complicated once’s beforehand...

“D-Do you need any more blood ren?”

“No thanks Himari, I already tested all my abilities.”

“O-Ooh...”

She looked slightly… disappointed? Rina noticed it too, she gave a devilish little smile:

“I know what you mean Himari, it kind of feels nice when he bites your neck right…”

“N-No don’t get me wrong… I just want to be useful to the group, yeah that’s all…”

Wow, she totally changed her attitude since the incident at the supermarket when I first met her.

“Don’t worry about it Himari, I’m already glad to have you on the team. Oh and your blood tasted pretty good too!”

I gave her a smile and she blushes, although Rina now looks a bit more annoyed than before.

I give Rina a thumbs up:

“Y-You also tasted great Rina”

She finally went back to her usual happy attitude... She can be a bit scary sometimes… I shouldn’t offend her in the future.

“Alright let’s go wake everybody up, we are going to rescue Yuma’s sister!”

I summon a little imp and order it to go wake everybody up.

“UWAA! Ren we are under attack!”

“It’s just my summon Yuma, this little guy is part of the new powers I got from the concentrated crystal. By the way, did you already get used to your new strength?”

He flexes me his bicep:

“Yeah, I feel a lot stronger, a lot more durable, a bit more faster and even my reflexes are slightly better! This is probably what guys who take steroids must feel like.”

Hmmm, I guess physical enhancers are indeed just really high-quality steroids… I hope they don’t have the same aftereffects tho (Smaller PP)… It looks like he already had a high defense and strength stat from the beginning, those will probably increase exponentially. I guess he’ll be the physical tanker of our group while I will act as the damage dealer.

“Wow Ren what is this little devil creature?” {Daichi}

“Y-Yeah… it’s kind of cute tho.” {Aoi}

“Don’t touch it Aoi!” {Sarah}

“Good morning guys! Don’t worry about the imp, that’s my new summon. Unfortunately we don’t have any breakfast, so hopefully we can find some food in the kindergarten. If we get in a fight, Yuma and me will battle on the frontline. Rina and Aoi can protect the rest with their weapons.”

I hand Yuma the special bat I got from the boys dormitory – “Here use this to fight Yuma, it should increase your strength even further, make sure to keep a distance and don’t get bitten!”

“Alright bro, I’ll fight besides you on the frontline! I’m really grateful that you’re all helping me with this, I mean it... Don’t worry Miu, big brother will come and save you soon!”

 

8