Chapter 15: Yuma’s revenge
212 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Miu, could you tell us why you are here all on your own?”

“W-Wel mister Subaru said that Miu should go to the cafeteria to secure some food supplies. He said that someone has to sacrifice themselves, but nobody wanted to, so he picked Miu, saying that I held the least value or something…”

She almost starts crying:

“An-And then the other kids from my class were all saying that I should be the one to go since the zombies won’t attack other monsters… I-I said that Miu wasn’t a monster but they threw me outside anyways, saying that they wouldn’t open the door again until I came back with food.”

As Miu was telling her story, out of the corner of my eye I could see Yuma fuming with anger:

“THOSE BASTARDS! They would rather sacrifice an innocent 9 year old child than get food themselves!”

“Calm down Yuma, I understand your anger, I’m mad too, but we only came here to get Miu. There is no reason to endanger the entire group for the sake of those scumbags.”

“Forget it Ren, you guys don’t have to come with me, I’ll go find those bastard myself if I have to.”

“Miu will also go with big bro, even though my classmates are stupid-heads, I don’t want all of them to starve!”

Miu is such a good girl… I also start to get really pissed off at the teachers who sacrificed this pure angel.

“You’re right Yuma, they deserve punishment. I’ll come with you guys. The rest of the group will stay here in the cafeteria and barricade the door, alright?”

“I... No we also want to help Miu!”

“Thanks Rina, I mean it, buy you guys are safer here. We will be back in a few minutes. Rina, make sure to store as much food as possible in your dimensional storage, oh and I want to try something. Could you cast Enhance ability ‘blood manipulation’ on me? And then cast enhance 'power stat' on Yuma?”

“I-Il try” She focuses really hard and then yells “ENHANCE”... nothing much happens… “I could only successfully enhance Ren’s blood manipulation, seems like I can’t enhance two things at the same time, it will also only last for about 10 minutes.”

Although I don’t really feel much difference, I hope I can now form my magic circles a bit faster.

“That’s okay Rina, thanks for the help!”

We follow Miu, the teachers and students are apparently hiding in the building opposite from us. Miu tells us that the gym teacher, mister Subaru, is the leader of the group and has already sacrificed one of his students in order to escape with the rest of the class.

Apparently that girl was a good friend of Miu, poor Miu, she really can’t catch a break… but things will be different from now on, we’ll protect her and make sure that she can one day smile wholeheartedly.

As soon as we enter the building I get a notification:

*PING*

“A mission appeared: Slay a mutated host body! Reward: 1x Regeneration Elixir, 1x Item wheel Draw. ”

“What’s a mutated host body system?”

“On rare occasions when a lot of host-bodies occupy the same area, there may occur some in-fighting for territory or resources. When a host body defeats another, they consume the slain opponents crystal in order to let their own grow and mature more, this is what we call: a physical mutant. Their physical abilities improve drastically. When a host body with dormant genes gets bitten due to a fight with another host body, there is a change their genes will awaken. This results in a half-human-half-alien abomination that can inherent some abilities and characteristics of their awakened genes, this is called an awakened mutant, they are usually very territorial and don’t care much for seeding humans.”

“Very informative as always system… these awakened mutants seem like a pain to deal with though… for this mission, I’m going to focus on slaying one of those physical mutants instead.”

While I was talking to the system in my head, we arrived at the room where the teachers were hiding. There didn’t seem to be any zombies in the hallways which was kind of weird, unless Miu attracted all the zombies in this building while she was running to the cafeteria… Yeah, that’s probably also the reason why they send her out in the first place… as a distraction to lure zombies away.

The door to the classroom is locked so we simply knock on the door. They don’t respond, but we can hear some footsteps… I lie to them:

“We are here to save the survivors in this building, is anybody in here?!”

Almost immediately we get a response:

“Yeah we have about 15 people in this classroom, let me open the door for you!”

We hear some people grunting and some furniture move, after about 5 minutes of work they open the door:

We enter the room and see 2 female teachers along with 12 children. Mister Subaru, the only male teacher, is thanking us:

“Thank god you guys came back for us! If you came a day later we would have headed to the shelter ourselves.”

Yuma looked at him with disgust:

“Hey buddy, you seem to be misunderstanding something here, we actually don’t give a shit about your survival in particular.”

Mister Subaru seemed confused:

“W-What are you talking about? You’re the guys from the helicopter right?” – He glanced at Miu who was standing behind her brother – “O-Oh I get it, don’t worry sir, You can take one of our girls here as your personal servant in return for our safety, we have girls who are much better than that disfigured one you are carrying around with you.”

Yuma is turning red with rage, but mister Subaru doesn’t seem to notice:

“How silly of me to expect your protection without anything in return, if you take us to the safe zone without any accidents, I can even promise you one additional girl. I can also guarantee that they are pure, not even I have laid a single finger on them and like I already said they are much better than the one you currently have with yo-“

Yuma punches him straight in the face, probably breaking his nose in the process.

“If you dare utter my sister’s name one more time, I will shove this bat so far up your ass, you can smell the wood!”

Yuma really has a way with words, it’s almost poetry I would say.

“I-I’m so sorry sir, I had no idea she was your sister. She is actually a student of mine who I have taken great care of during the past 2 years.”

Yuma looked ready to punch him again, and as much as I would like his lights knocked out, he still needs to answer a couple of questions so I stop Yuma… for now.

“What is this safe zone you mentioned?”

“Oh… so you guys aren’t from the helicopter? Well neverminded then.”

I stab my crimson blade in his thigh and he screams out in pain.

“That wasn’t a question, it was an order. If you don’t tell us everything you know, I’ll stab my sword in a more ‘delicate’ spot next.”

“O-Of course, I-I’m so sorry… When we teachers sat on the roof yesterday to discuss our plans, we saw a helicopter pass by. We begged them to let us on, but they said they didn’t have enough carrying capacity for all of us and that we should head to the safe zone by ourselves, apparently it’s located in the ‘Wang Ping-Stadium’.”

They really did send Miu out there to distract the zombies so they could leave safely…

“You two teachers in the back, what do you think of Subaru’s leadership? What do you think of the decisions he has made so far?”

“D-Don’t pay any attention to them kind sirs, they are just women afeteral-“

“Shut up!... You two may speak without any reservations.”

Mister Subaru stared intensely at the two ladies, almost as if advising them that it’s best to not betray him

One of the female teachers speaks up:

“W-Well he did gather all of these student here, and he certainly tried to keep the group as a whole safe… but... I can’t conde his methods nor his actions… he is a cruel man who will sacrifice others for the group and for himself, I protested his decisions many times, but I’m afraid he will use violence if I get in the way… I know I should have said something when he send Miu out to die…”

“What’s your name?”

“E-Emma.”

“Alright Emma from now on, you will lead this group of kids, make sure they get to the safe zone, I will give you Yuma’s special bat, it will increase your power so you can protect these children. Make sure to raise these kids right, so that they won’t have any prejudice anymore! Yuma, you can exact your revenge on Mister Subaru however you want now… the children should close their eyes for a while.”

“Thanks Ren, for letting me have this moment!”

Yuma grabs Mister Subaru by his collar and lifts him in the air, the teacher tries to struggle free, but it’s useless, Yuma is simply to strong. He walks over to the window and throws mister Subaru against the glass with such force that the glass pane he was thrown against, breaks, sending Subaru 3 stories down below.

Unfortunately for mister Subaru, he doesn’t die instantly, instead he lands on his legs, breaking them in the process. He yells out in pain, but this only attracts zombies to his location, which happily start biting their free host body to shreds. It’s a gruesome way to die, but he deserved it.

I want to say to Yuma that he did the right thing, but right as I was about to, I feel a sharp pain:

“Shit, Yuma, I think there are zombies in the hallway, my imp just got killed there!”

Me an Yuma run out into the dark hallway, but we don’t spot any zombies.

I have a bad feeling about this…

*ALERT*

“System detected a strong mutant zombie. Possibility of dead is high, the system suggest that the host runs for his life.”

4