Chapter 2:
284 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The first figure to appear was King Belphegor who took a seat on the throne on the farthest left balcony. He wore a grey tracksuit. His horns were grey like ash, and he had four tendrils protruding out his back between his four relatively small black angel wings. He was surprisingly slim for the King of Sloth, a bit masculine even.

His Sin, Prince Acedia of Sloth, soon followed. Floating in the air next to Belphegor, Acedia – or Ace, as he preferred – was almost as fat as Gula. He had on black cargo shorts with all 4 pockets full, and a blue tank top struggling to stay in one piece. Appearing from his lower back was a thin tail with a claw on its tip resembling a crane claw. They both also wore a ring that bore the colour and animal associated with their sin; the light blue snail, as proof of their royalty.

Next was King Beelzebub whom hovered to his throne. Unlike any other demon, Beelzebub had wings more resembling a fly’s than anything else, relating to his other title as the Lord of the flies. He was wearing a tuxedo with a black bow tie. He had sharp claws, bug eyes, and a sharp toothy grin that gave Despera uneasiness.

Prince Gula of Gluttony stood beside him in the same clothes he fetched Despera in; a XXXXL pair of orange sweat pants, and no shirt. He carried a duffel bag and pulled out a packet of chips before putting the bag down. Gula and Beelzebub also had on belts with buckles baring gluttony’s insignia; the orange pig.

Thirdly was King Mammon. He had two black horns coming out the front of his head, and a tail with an arrowed tip, and large leathery wings like a bat. He came out clad in a diamond encrusted black suit with solid gold cufflinks and buttons.

His Princess, Avaritia of Greed stood next to him in a one-shoulder gown woven using fabric made from yellow diamonds. Their white diamond-woven gloves bore the yellow frog.

King Asmodeus came out in a black suit with no tie or shirt underneath and the buttons on it, undone. He had two black angel wings slightly spread out, and a snake tail with its head inside the girl next to him.

The girl was Princess Libidine, but she was actually half of the hermaphrodite Prince/Princess of Lust. Libidine was the only succubus-incubus hybrid in all of Hell, and could split his/her body into each gender. Though the male half wasn’t in sight, the female half was wearing a white, nearly transparent dress. She was clearly having difficulty standing up straight, and doing little to hide her moans as her King’s tail pounded her ass. The tattoos on their chests were of the dark blue goat, symbolizing lust.

Queen Leviathan came fifth. Blue scales covered her from her chest until her knees, and along her fish-like tail. She hadn’t actually put on any clothes. For the Queen of Envy, Leviathan had always been proud of her appearance.

Princess Invidia however, was trembling behind her Queen. She was so far back on the balcony, all anyone could see was the top of her green tube dress, her black hair, and her insignia. Their necklaces bore the symbol of envy, the green snake.

The original King of Hell was next. The most powerful Devil, Satan had appeared. His two black horns reached almost half a metre in length. He wore a red shirt underneath his pitch-black suit and tie. Protruding from his back were large red wings with a black spike on each tip.

With just a gaze at Despera with his red eyes, she began to tremble, and feel absolute terror down to her core. He had always terrified her, even when she was a Princess herself.

Princess Ira of the Sin of Wrath, stood behind Satan in a short white dress painted red, it was obvious with what. She had red horns and eyes that burned hotter than the sun. Her teeth were sharp, and her nails were long like claws. Her body appeared like an average pre-teen girl. Many would likely not believe that her power was on par with the Sin of Pride. They carried swords with a red bear symbol on their scabbards.

King Lucifer, perhaps the most famous Fallen Angel for his revolt against God and His creations, walked out with his two large black feathery wings spread to make an entrance. He was seemingly perfect in every way, and he knew it. He displayed a stoic expression, and wore a black suit with a white button-up shirt.

He closed his wings and Prince Superbia of Pride was already at his side, virtually identical in appearance, posture, and clothes. On their crowns was the symbol of pride, the purple lion. As he appeared, everyone bowed except Despera. She glanced at the demons around her and remembered she was a lower rank than the Prince. Oh shit.

He noticed her and said, “Bow”. The word echoed through her head, and she fell to her knees until her forehead hit the floor. It felt like she was being crushed under his power, and she couldn’t see it, but she knew he was grinning. After a few seconds, he said, “You may rise.” And everyone stood up again, including Despera.

I hate you. She thought, glaring at Superbia.

Everyone does. He telepathically responded, looking at her with a smug grin.

Lucifer turned to Asmodeus and said, “Excuse me, Asmodeus. Your Sin is being a tad loud, and though the audience is enjoying the show, I must ask you to cease. The announcement requires their full attention.”

Asmodeus smiled back. “Of course.” His snake pulled out of Libidine F (female), covered in her fluids, and licked itself clean. Libidine however, continued to moan. He blew in her ear and her moans turned to a squeal, and then gasps. Afterward, Libidine M (male) stood up behind her, and licked his lips.

So that’s where he was. Despera thought, not surprised. Libidine often fucked themselves.

Libidine M was just wearing jeans and was well-built, not so much that he was all muscle, but enough that it even made Despera drool a bit, and wish he had visited her well. He and Libidine F melded back together. The result more resembles Libidine F than Libidine M, and they were still wearing her dress.

Asmodeus looked back at Lucifer. “We’re done. Go ahead and make your speech.”

Lucifer cleared his throat, preparing to speak. “Greetings denizens of Hell. We have called you all here for a reason of the utmost importance.”

Whispers spread through the crowd, all theories and speculation on what had happened. But Despera didn’t care about any of this. She came here for one reason and one reason alone. She cupped her hands around her mouth, and was about to yell insults at each King, but then…

Lucifer looked at her and said, “There’s a human loose in Hell, a living human.”

Despera couldn’t explain why, but learning she could meet a human again, the thought gave her hope. She don’t even know what the hope was for, it’s not like she could leave Hell with them.

“The demon, or even the damned who finds this human,” Lucifer began.

“Will be granted any wish they so desire.” Belphegor finished.

Beelzebub continued, “Whether it be a life of comfort,”

Mammon produced gold coins from his hand. “Riches,”

“Or vengeance on those who tortured you,” Satan yelled, exciting the crowd.

Libidine split and Asmodeus put his arms around them. “Or having your way with any of us.” This excited the crowd even more than Satan’s part.

“Even becoming a King or Queen of Hell isn’t out of the question.” Leviathan stated.

Lucifer with his eyes back on Despera and a smile on his face, said, “You could even ask for total freedom from your punishments, if that is all you desire.”

Now Despera was getting hopeful. She had forgotten what having hope was like, so much so, a tear fell down her cheek.

“There is just one condition, the human must be alive. Anything you do to them before, or after capture, is fine, so long as the target has a heartbeat, and a functioning mind.” Lucifer states. “Let the search begin! Disperse!”

The entire crowd was already running off as Despera turned around. “Where do you think you’re going?” Lucifer asked. The girl turned back to meet his gaze. “Come up. I wish to speak with you.”

She hesitated and tried to back away slowly after Lucifer went back inside.

Now.” He said from the balcony’s entrance.

His command echoed in her head, and her body started moving on its own, forcing her to obey.

She sighed. Why even bother trying to run away? She thought to herself. She walked into the building. The walls were lined with torches and paintings of Lucifer and Superbia in regal, and sophisticated poses. She followed a red carpet leading from the door to a grand staircase.

The second floor looked about the same as the first, just without the stairs. There was also a round table in the middle of the room. Each seat was occupied by a King or Queen, each with their Sin standing next to them, except for Ace, who was sitting on the floor next to Belphegor.

“Hello Ms. Despera. Thank you for coming. The rest of you aren’t necessary.” Said Lucifer to everyone else at the table.

In the blink of an eye, everyone was gone, other than Lucifer and Despera. “You didn’t exactly leave me a choice.” She replied, sourly.

“Not true. I’m sure I told Gula you had a choice. I merely, suggested you come by.”

She scoffed at him. “I’m pretty sure we both know when you suggest something, it’s a polite order.”

Lucifer took a moment. “I suppose you’re right.” He said with a condescending smile.

One of the things Despera always hated about Lucifer was his grin. He always had one. He always smiled when he was happy, amused, angry, and even when he felt no emotions– and he had never been sad before, but if he was, she was sure he’d smile then too. The reason, unlike everyone else, he had never had a reason to not smile. He was the literal incarnation of perfection, and it made her sick.

She bawled her fists, wanting so badly to knock him out. “Anyway, didn’t you call me here for a reason?” She asked, impatiently.

“That’s right.” He answered. “Why do you think I had Gula bring you your clothes?”

The girl thought about his question. “I guess it’s not out of the goodness of your heart.” She replied in her most sarcastic tone.

His amused smile crept onto his face. “It’s because I have a feeling you’ll be wearing it again very soon.”

Confused, Despera asked, “What do you mean?”

Lucifer stood up and walked around the table, over to where Despera stood. He lifted her chin higher so she was standing on her toes, and an inch from his face. His beautiful blue eyes stared into hers, and pierced her soul. “I have faith that you will be the one to find the human, and become a Princess again.” He whispered.

The thought excited Despera, but doubt always dampened her hopes. “But you’ve got every demon in Hell, and even the damned are looking for them. Why do you think I will find them first?”

He let go of her and walked away. “It’s simple. They don’t have the information I’m about to give you.”

“What information?”

“You must be starving. We’ll continue talking after you eat.” He said, gesturing to the once empty table now covered from end-to-end in delicious food.

It seemed suspicious, but Despera’s stomach felt like it’d kill her if she waited any longer.

The girl immediately started stuffing her face with various meats and vegetables. She may have swallowed a few bones, but wasn’t sure. Even Lucifer looked surprised at what he had just witnessed. “It was like Gula or Beelzebub in front of an all-you-can-eat buffet.”

“Don’t compare me to that fat bastard.” The disgust in Despera’s voice was clear.

Lucifer had a smile she had rarely seen in the past. It was his sympathetic smile. “I am aware that demons including Gula often frequented the Despond faction, and especially your well, for ‘entertainment’.” He said gloomily, like he knew it was a touchy subject for her. “I understand your disdain for Gula and the other demons. So how about… we make a deal?”

“No.”

“You haven’t even heard my proposal yet.”

A deal among demons was binding. It worked similarly to Lucifer’s ability: [Command], which forces anyone to obey any instruction. It was similar in that if one party completes their side of the deal, the other demon had to complete theirs, whether they did it willingly or not.

It’s because of this that demons were very careful with the deals they made and who they made them with. “First rule of Hell: Never make a deal with the Devil.”

Once again, his smile was back to being one of condescension. “Good point. Here’s my counter point, Listen.” Lucifer commanded her.

Despera groaned, sick of Lucifer’s orders. “I’m all ears.” She said in another sarcastic tone.

“That’s the spirit.” He retorted, mockingly. “Here are the terms. I’ll give you exclusive information on the human you are to capture, then you’ll capture said human and bring them to me. In exchange, I will not only free you from your punishments, I will also make you a higher rank than before.”

“What do you mean?” She asked even though she already had an idea of what the answer might be.

He waved his hand, materializing a throne – that Despera recognized from Despond Castle – on his right. He patted the seat and said, “I will make you a Queen, and you will take Astaroth’s place as the ruler of Despond.”

At the mention of that name, Despera’s mind drifted to memories of her former King. He was her closest ally in Hell, she’d even say, he was her closest friend. Astaroth…

6