Chapter 7:
72 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The search for the girl wasn’t going great. They were wandering around a city outside the factions. Umbra had been searching from the skies while Veroth asked around on the ground, using his spear to make sure that everyone he asked was being honest.

After an hour, they met up in an ally to discuss their progress. “Have you seen anyone who could be her?” Veroth asked, looking up to see the raven on the roof.

“No. I haven’t seen anyone matching the girl’s description.” Umbra answered, disappointed. “Did anyone you spoke to have any information?”

Veroth sighed. “No. Most of them knew about her, but none of them had seen her, or even knew she was a ‘her’.” He answered, also disappointed. “You think we should split up?”

“That’s a bad idea.” Umbra stated. “In the unlikely, but still possible event that you find her first, I must alert the Princess immediately.”

“Yeah, I guess.” Veroth got up from resting against the wall. “Come on, let’s check the next block.” He said, leaving the alley. And from out of nowhere, someone had crashed into him.

The two of them lay on the floor in a daze. When they stood, the one who ran into Veroth was a girl with a hooded cloak, but it was knocked off in the fall. The guard was still in a bit of a daze, but he was sure the girl had blue hair and silver eyes.

She picked up her hood and took off in a sprint. “Umbra!” Veroth yelled, jumping to his feet. “There! She’s getting away!”

With a flap of his wings, the raven took off like a jet heading straight for the girl. He readied his talons to grab her, but just before he could, she ducked into another alley, leaving Umbra to manoeuvre his way out of crashing into the ground.

Veroth followed her into the alley. “I’ve got her!” He announced triumphantly, though he hadn’t caught her yet. He chased her through the alleyway.

As soon as he exited, he stopped and held his spear like he was about to throw it. “Resistance is…” And she was gone. “Futile.”

Despera sat at a table in a huge room filled with scrolls and grimoires. One of Avaritia’s servants was fetching the scrolls Despera had asked for.

Avaritia and Libidine F sat at the table with her. Libidine F was naked since both of them only wore clothes when they thought it was necessary. Her form was voluptuous hourglass. Her tits were almost like melons on her chest. It was surprising she could even walk with them. Her ass wasn’t as big, but still not far off, and just as eye-catching. And her waist was thin, considering he other two assets, but not enough that it seemed disproportionate. Her body was very desirable, especially by nearly all the demons of Hell, and that was excluding her succubus charms.

She was reading an already purchased grimoire called ‘Bestiary of S-Rank monsters’. “Doesn’t really seem like your style.” Despera pointed out.

Libidine F licked her thumb and turned the page. “Lust isn’t only about sexual desire, you know.” She retorted. “Right now, I’m satiating my lust for knowledge. And only, like 30 percent of my reason is to fuck some of these things. They’re huge…” She stated, drooling over an image.

Despera cleared her throat and backed up her seat, distancing herself from Libidine F. “I stand corrected. That is definitely your style.” She said.

“Libidine’s actually a regular here. He and she often come by because here, they can indulge in knowledge and learn spells to satisfy their lust for power.” Avaritia explained.

“Is that so?” Despera replied. “And where is Libidine M?”

“At a succubus brothel.” Libidine F answered. “But that proves nothing.” She closed the book and got up to leave. “See you soon, Avaritia.” Just before exiting, she bent down and whispered into Despera’s ear. “I’ve heard good things about the services you provided during your punishment. We hope to see you soon as well.”

Despera became flustered and said, “Thanks, but I’d rather not.”

“That’s a shame. Let us know if you change your mind.” She blew in her ear, sending a shiver down Despera’s spine, then left.

“She’s as subtle as always.” Despera said sarcastically with her hand covering her ear.

Avaritia laughed. “Wait ‘til Libidine M comes around. He hardly ever takes ‘no’ for an answer.”

As they shared a laugh, Avaritia’s servant appeared holding 3 scrolls, each one had its spell in bold letters; Flying, and Location. The third one was turned over. Despera Took the [flying] spell, and reached for the [location] spell, but decided to leave it. She didn’t even turn her eyes towards the third scroll. “This is all I came for, so I’m gonna head out.” She said, about to leave when Avaritia grabbed her arm.

“Hey, you wanted two, but you only took one.” She said, glaring at Despera.

Despera pulled her arm away, and without turning, she answered. “I changed my mind. I never said I’d actually take both of them.” Then she continued her stride.

The Princess of Greed calmed down, understanding Despera’s reasoning. “Very well, but I picked out another spell for you, so why not give it a look?” She suggested.

Despera pretended to think about it before replying. “You know why not. I’m not risking it.” Just as she was about to exit the room, she heard Avaritia’s voice and stopped.

[Steal]!” Avaritia yelled. In a second, she was holding Despera’s chosen spell in her hand.

Despera walked back in empty-handed, and stood in front of the Princess of Greed. She sighed in defeat. “I’ve decided to hear you out.”

“I knew you would.” Avaritia responded with a smile, and making sure to hold on to the scrolls. She turned to her servant, and took the spell. “This is a spell that I know will help you with your goal. As your old friend, I suggest you take it.”

The scroll Avaritia had chosen out of over a million in her archives, was one scroll Despera had almost no chance of accepting. “‘Hell’s Gate: Second Circle’.” She said under her breath. The scroll was grey like ash and sealed with an insignia of two circles. Her mind was being bombarded with memories she’s been spending 2 centuries trying to forget.

She pulled herself back together and looked Avaritia dead in the eye. “We’re done here.”

Despera grabbed the spell she wanted from Avaritia’s hand and stormed out. “Wait!” Avaritia yelled, out of irritation this time. The Despera stopped in the doorway. “When will you get over it? It’s been centuries.” Avaritia knew Despera would reject it, but hoped she could help her old friend, as she couldn’t before. “Maybe if you had the Second Circle, you wouldn’t have been condemned.”

The girl’s eyes widened as she remembered what happened. “It’s just… I can’t.” Was all she could manage before sprinting her way through the gold Castle.

While she ran, she opened her new [Flying] scroll and read the contents. Then as soon as she exited the castle, she took off into the air.

Avaritia had chased her through the castle, but didn’t fly after her. She had a sad expression on her face as she sat on the top step, watching the girl disappear from view.

Umbra, can you hear me? Despera thought.

Umbra responded. Yes, Despera. I hear you.

Progress report.

We encountered a suspect match your description, but she got away.

Keep searching near where you encountered her and spread out from their.

Of course, Despera. But if I may ask, are you alright? I can feel you’re scared.

Despera hesitated. I’m fine. She thought back, unconvincingly. I’ll let you know if I hear from Genius or Insanity.

Yes, Princess.

3