Ch.2 New World New me
170 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

.

.

Darkness. I can actually feel something. I open my eyes and try to take in my new life. All I can see though is dark stone walls. Huh where am I? I chose nobility right? I try moving my vocal cords to call for anyone.

“mew”

Hmm?

“mew”

No I must be imagining it cause that sound seems to have come from me?

I try to sit up so I can get a better grasp of the situation and its then that I look down and see paws. Two pristine white paws. I try moving them and they respond..

“Mew?”

Oh god.

“mmew…”

Im not human?!?!? I jump back but fall over in the process tripping over what appears to be my tail.

Nononono this is a dream right? I'm human right? There was a system type voice earlier maybe it’s still here and I can go back?

System?Nothing huh, maybe its got a different name?

Status?

Suddenly a panel appears in my mind.

[Status]

Name : BLANK

Race: Snow Kitten

Level : 1

HP:4

SP:4

STR : 2

AGI : 4

INT: 3

CHR : 7

Skills : Pounce [ LVL 1]  Bite [LVL 1] Swipe[ LVL 1]

Traits : Soft Fur.

Skill Points: 1

Trait points :1

Wait? That’s it? I’m a kitten? And what’s this no name? I mean I know my past self is dead but really? And this trait ‘Soft Fur’ are you kidding me what even is this?

[ Soft Fur – Obscenely soft to the touch. Widely loved by noble woman and girls.]

…Noble woman huh. Not sure how to feel about that but no use crying over spilt milk I guess. Now lets hope for something good from the skill and trait points at least. Oh? So when I think about the skill points it lets me visualise a list of potential skills I can gain. Seems like there are only a few choices but I am only a kitten so maybe I can choose more later on? But I guess that depends on how easily I can get these points. For now I suppose I’ll choose stealth. I mean Im a cat so it seems like the obvious choice when you look at my abilities and race.

[Learn Skill : Stealth]

Yes.

[Skill Acquired]

Now onto the traits.. Okay you have to be kidding me..

[Available Traits]

Mesmerizing Eyes- Allows you to draw the opponents attention to your eyes for a short duration.

Soft Paws – Allows greater sensitivity of the paws.

Are these here just to annoy me or am I somehow the most loveable race possible? Ugh maybe if I keep searching I can find something normal.. After a short while I finally come across something I like. [ Predators Eyes] – Enhances night vision.

[Acquire trait Predators Eyes?}

Yes.

[Trait Acquired]

This will work quite well with my current setup. Well now that that’s out of the way I suppose I should get acquainted with my new life. Thanks to the new trait I can see slightly better in this dark environment and can hopefully find a way out. I get to my feet? Paws? This is going to take some getting used to.

The room around me appears to be a small cave and there seems to be only one way out. I heave a sigh as I prepare to move forward but all that leaves my mouth is a cute little breath from my new form. I'm still a little worried and so as I move forward I activate my stealth and slowly approach the entrance of the cave. As I exit it I can see what appears to be a tunnel going to my left and right with a dead end directly ahead. Perhaps emboldened by the lack of a threat I continue forward taking the right path. After a short while I start to hear noises, a clatter of something sharp against what I'm guessing is the stone floor. I keep going until I see a drop in the tunnel towards a large circular area with multiple tunnels leading in and out of it. I can see a all kinds of beasts in this area with one of them just ahead of me. A lizard walking down my tunnel..towards me.. Thankfully it doesn’t seem to notice me yet but it s only a matter of time. I run through options in my head but before I know it the creature is right before me and its head is looking right at me. I guess that’s the limits of level one stealth.

I eye up this lizard that’s about the same size as me and wonder what’s going to happen but scared of the answer. The lizards eyes sharpen just as it charges towards me. I stumble out of the way but its claws graze my back. I quickly back up processing what just happened as it starts to sink in… This isn’t my world I’m now just a kitten and this overgrown lizard wants a meal. I resolve myself to the situation as the lizard charges again. This time I move out of the way a little quicker and manage to dodge him. Its back is turned to me and I quickly pounce it with my claws leading the way. Despite my being a kitten I am still a predator and my claws prove this by tearing into the lizards side. Panicking, the lizard whips its tail towards me and I take a hit pushing me back a few steps. The lizard gazes at me with a new found wariness before charging towards me again but just as Im about to dodge it spits out an acid in the direction I was headed forcing a change of plans. Im running out of time to dodge so I decide to take a risk I use my pounce to get over him before trying to manoeuvre myself into a swipe attack. Somehow it works and I soar just above the lizards head before swiping at the back of its neck. The creature yelps in pain before crashing into the wall and collapsing. Unfortunately I’m not in much better position as I didn’t really think of how I was going to land and I land on the ground. Hard. I pull myself up battered and bruised as I turn to look at my opponent who is slouched up against the opposite wall.

[LVL 2 Acidic Lizard slain]

[Swipe Level Up]

[Pounce Level Up]

[Level Up]

My body heals back to normal and I am filled with relief that I can at least rely on that. But my stomach is growling and I’m now at a crossroads. Well Id like to think that but do I really have a choice? I’m a lone hungry kitten and there’s a freshly killed lizard in front of me. I stomach my pride and drag the lizard back to my would be den.

A short meal later and a miserable kitten is now full.

[Trait point Gained]

 

 

6