Ch.11 Sleepy Kitty
387 5 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A grogginess filled my body as consciousness returned to me, I’m alive? My eyes slowly opened and I was happy to find that I was still alive but after a moment of satisfaction I noticed my surroundings. I tried standing up and was able to move albeit barely, unfortunately I seemed to have found myself locked in a cage. To my back was a stone wall and around me were iron bars with very little room to move in. I started to panic as I wondered how I got here, the last thing I remembered was passing out before the goblin, but why would it take me here? Do goblins even take prisoners?

I tried looking around a bit more to see if I could get any more information. As I peered around the room I could see a few other cages, some empty but others were filled with varying creatures. In one I could even see what looked like people?! They had humanoid bodies but when I looked closer I could see that they had a few distinct features, some had cat ears while others had what looked like bird wings. I cursed myself as I realized I’d underestimated the goblins, I spent all that time following that group of people but because I was so focused on not being found I barely paid attention to the battles. If I had then I could have known what that pipe was for and avoided this situation. Its honestly laughable, every time I get a little arrogant or start to believe I’m special the world just throws me into another deadly scenario…

I silently decide to start humbling myself, there is always a bigger fish. After a few hours of eerie silence, I’m able to somewhat recover before footsteps can be heard coming towards this room. A plump man followed by what appeared to be an archer based on his weaponry had entered the room. I cursed to myself repeatedly. I’d just gone over why I needed to avoid people and then this happen, I suppose it’s better than dying to the goblin but I’m really going to have to start thinking up a plan.

The two men walked up to the cage I was set in before the archer took a step forward motioning his arms towards me in a grand reveal kind of manner. “So here it is, caught her down in the dungeon where I found her having just killed a group of goblins.”

“Oh? This little thing was able to do all that?”

“Yes, I’m certain it should be surprisingly strong despite its size and I’m sure it will fetch a pretty coin on the auction house.”

“Hmmmm, I’ll give you 2 gold pieces for it based on the quality of its fur.”

“Wait only 2? Did you not hear me? A little kitten was able to kill a group of goblins on its own, surely that should be worth at least a little bit more.”

“While that would be very impressive I’m not so sure I can believe it, look at this thing it’s barely the size of a Rock Lizard. If anything I’d be more inclined to believe it took advantage of a pack of goblins that was already on its last breath. I’ll give you 3 coins on account of our good relationship but that’s it.”

The plump man tossed a few shimmering coins to the archer before shooing him away. The archer looked like he wanted to protest a bit more but apparently decided against it before pocketing the coins and walking away. As the plump man gazed at me I could see a light flicker in his eyes before he once again called out.

“Oi, get down here and clean this thing up, If we’re going to sell it for top price then at the very least it shouldn’t be covered in blood!”

Light hurried footsteps were heard as 2 young children rushed towards your cage after a short bow towards the plump man. They were dressed in what could only be described as rags and they looked like they hadn’t bathed in what must be months. The children silently approached the cage managing to open it before I hissed at them trying to get them to back off. The plump man’s eyes shifted before pulling out a whip and striking me on the back forcing me to the ground. The whip did not cut as it seemed to be purposely made to strike without leaving any visible marks, but I could feel that it had definitely done more than just graze me. Reluctantly I allowed the children to come near me before they attached something to my neck, I quickly attempted to retaliate but was quickly brought to the ground by a shock emanating inside my head.

The man laughed mockingly at me, “Stupid animal” he muttered before sauntering off. After a while I’d come to realize that whatever they had attached to my neck seemed to be enchanted so that if I attempted to harm these people I’d get a shock. Throughout the cleaning session I was put through I was made to realize that if I was unable to escape this could potentially be the entirety of my second life, being forced into a humiliating and degrading role of some person’s pet.

Time went by and I’d officially been living in this cage for about 2 weeks. In that time I’d been confined to my cage and been given food on occasion but that seemed to be it. I’d managed to practice magic from time to time when nobody was around by my progress was staggeringly slow compared to my life in the dungeon. I’d also been looking through my traits and skills, hoping to find something to resist and make an escape. After scouring through the potential skills I was able to find [Mental Resistance]

[Mental Resistance – Cost 2 Skill Points -  Allows for the resistance of mental abilities]

While this may not have sounded like a foolproof plan it should provide some resistance to the shock collar I’d been given as the shock seemed to only affect my mind as I’d noticed my body was perfectly fine even after receiving multiple shocks. If I acquired this I had hope that I could resist the collars commands and potentially find a way out when they show an opening. After careful deliberation I decided to get this skill, fortunately I seemed to have leveled up after killing those goblins and had just managed to save up enough points for the skill.

[Mental Resistance has been learnt]

 

[Status]

 

Name : BLANK

Race: Fae Kitten

Level : 4

Status- Slave

 

HP:18

SP:19

MP:16

STR : 9

AGI : 19

INT: 18

CHR :25

 

Skills : Pixie’s Leap [ LVL 1]  Bite [LVL 2] Swipe[ LVL 5] Stealth [ LVL 5] Acrobatics[ LVL 4] Calm Mind [LVL 3] Distract [LVL 2] Illuminate [ LVL 2] Bedazzle [LVL 2] Fae Footwork [ LVL 2] Mental Resistance [ LVL 1]

 

Traits : Soft Fur, Predators Eyes, Sharpened Claws, Fae Core, Mystical Tail

Trait Points : 3

7