One punch man isekai
238 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Isekai System]

[World: One Punch Man]

[Quest: Become a S-class hero or a Dragon-class calamity]

[World Power: Sealed(0%)]

[World Talent: Limiter(0%)]

[World Gift: Monster Locator]

===

"Dain, are you awake? Get up already, its time to go to school."

'Ah shit here we go again.'

A new world, a new body, yet an old Dain.

Dain thought as he woke up from a daze and got up from his comfy bed.

'It seemed like the world power of World 3 - [Quick Start] activated. Huuh, its great to be able to just jump into it.'

He always disliked being Isekaid in a prison or the middle of a battlefield.

'Miss me with that jazz, this seems way better.'

From what he could observe, he was currently inside the body of a teenager and someone was calling him to get up.

'Puberty and school, it couldn't be worse huh.'

At that point he remembered the display of his faitful system. He was currently in One Punch Man.

'A bit better then World 3 and way worse then Origin. Well, nevermind, if I remember correctly this world...'

Was quite interesting.

He looked at the backpack which was placed in a corner. What greeted him were basic books like math and such, but one stuck out.

It wasn't a book, but a magazine.

(Hero News Issue 113 - Special May edition!)

Deeming from the temperatures and light, it should be spring. Thus the magazine had to have been a new issue.

He plopped himself down on his bed and skimmed through the magazine.

...

As its title suggested, it wrote about topics on heroes and monsters.

Though it seemed to have been heavily biased on the former beating the latter.

'This is a slightly bleak world if you don't consider its MC, makes sense that they want to exhonorate the virtues of heroes. Though wait, if heroes are already recognized and graded, I guess I arrived when the plot of the first season of One Punch Man begins.'

For Dain, he remembered only bits and pieces of the worlds he had traveled to. For this one, he knew that he had to start searching for the plot. If he could cling to the thigh of the MC, he should be able to survive easily.

'If memory serves right, the MC - Saitama - likes food and games. Perhaps I will be able to bribe him?'

The [Quick Start] was really useful, he had already found some pocket money and identification. Both would aid him in becoming safe, each in their own way.

One truly didn't know how important it was until they saw it from themselves.

'No more running at least, though in this world the risk of being without an identity should be negligable.'

...

It turned out that the one calling him before was his elder sister in this life, and boy did she look pissed.

'Damn, sisters represent danger, detachment is advised.'

He had seen such plots in his original life, through novels of course. So, he had a small hope that it wouldn't extend to 'real life'.

So, in order not to trigger any flags, he simply went outside.

'Screw breakfest, I have to find the plot damn it.'

The magazine did say that the status quo is being kept with no new S-class heroes appearing and no new interesting events. It only showed some tidbits about the heroes and them in action. It seemed that the sidekick to the MC hadn't appeared yet.

This was good news since the later the plot happened the more time he had to prepare and unlock his World spacific power.

He already had a few, but those changed when he transmigrated from world to world.

For example, his main power he got in Origin - [Cold Massacre] - had changed in each world.

'Lets check the changes to my main powers.'

[Acquired powers : Heavy Intent (Cold Massacre), Simple Life (Quick Start)]

[Heavy Intent (Cold Massacre)]

[Description: A power received from massacring harmless civilians, as the resentment faded with time and effort it has changed. Now it represents your determination and the extent you would go to reach your ideals.]

[Effect: Imposes a heavy pressure on a target/area, decreasing the willpower of the affected by the amount of intent generated by the user.]

[Simple Life (Quick Start)]

[Description: A power received after escaping a underground organization. Mutated when it came into contact with the laws of the current world. The principles of advantage were imbued with gentleness, the skill now conformes to adaptation.]

[Effect: A passive power which changes the starting point of the user while preventing the world from imprinting the user with the trend of the times.]

...

'My dear Cold Massacre became weaker again, but Quick Start seemed to experience a positive change.'

His offensive powers became weaker, but his ability to survive and apply pressure became stronger. Technically, both original versions of the powers were dedicated to strenght and offensive ability, but that part became more mellow. This world seemed to despise such abilities, though it seemed odd to him from what he remembered of it.

It would all be cleared up when he unsealed its world power and understood the world talent.

'Haah, I miss the world talent of the Origin, it really did help but its sad that they are returned to the world in exchange for traveling to a new world.'

The talents were always linked to the quests, in fact all things from the Isekai System were somehow connected to the world he was on. His powers would always differ from their previous versions.

At that point he was walking around the city, listening to the conversations of the pedestrians he found out he was in A-city. He felt as if he had heard about it when watching the anime, but trying to remember didn't amount to anything.

'Oh well, there are so many heroes and monsters in every city. As long as I don't go to Z-city it should be fine. Probably.'

Monsters were common, but definitely not that common, he simply had to watch out for the powerful ones. Though it should not be hard to avoid them if he encountered one.

He plotted about his next move only to remember he had no idea where he was. It didn't matter to him anyway, he could remember the way back, plus there was no way he was going to school. The mission took precedence over anything else.

As for how he would complete it? It was all up to his mood.

He had been a monster and a hero at the same time, it probably wouldn't be hard to stick to one of the two. It was also important to know that the powers he would acquire by completing the quest would be based on his descisions and state of mind. He had already figured that out after two worlds.

But first things first he had to find a breakthrough point. A person or organization he could join in order to become stronger and which could help ensure his safety.

He had a few choices, from what he could remember the hero association was the main organization, second was the monster association and then some groups within the hero association and only then were the independents.

One side he could join the hero association by studying up on them for the exam and do some physical training. He could also burn his desires and become a monster, go to Z-city and join the monster association there.

Both of the choices had their pros and cons, but the shackles on both were a bit appaling to Dain. Worse still, becoming a monster would probably set him against the MC, though there was still a chance to 'embrace the light' if he tried hard enough.

But yes, becoming a hero would chain him to 'good', while becoming a monster would chain him to bloodlust or worse. He would rather join a dojo or even the House of Evolution. Both had good plot points and would allow him to gain a decent amount of power.

After thinking about his choices while randomly walking he made his choice and went towards a place he didn't think he would.

Z-city.

...

It didn't take long, a few hours of illegally boarding busses and some luck later he finally arrived.

And it welcomed him with open arms.

[Monster Locator activated. Monster is 30 meters away from you. Disaster Level - Tiger]

"Fuck."

...

He scanned the area for threats.

It was quiet. But not too quiet.

After all, there were few pedestrians at this hour. And not one of them looked like a monster.

Underground, flying, invisible, shapechanger?

Monsters truly had bizzare abilities, but those at the lower spectrum would have to sacrifice someting to gain those abilites.

Nothing, there really was nothing.

So, it was a trap. Perhaps not for him, but still one.

Who in this place would deserve it?

There... was a kid, with a very odd look.

'What was this, deja vu from episode 1?'

'No way, it couldn't be.'

And thanfully it wasn't.

It seemed that the tiger monster was just really slow and crawling out of an ally.

[Monster Locator scanning. Monster determined to be - Sludge of Glory, slow moving and disgusting, it has the ability to resist physical attacks and corrodes flesh.]

Dain almost tripped when he saw the thing.

"God its ugly."

The people around him heard and looked towards the slime.

Screaming ensued, running and loud sounds.

The weird kid even tripped, heh.

But Dain was calm.

The slime was slow, very much so. And yes, sure it could cause a lot of damage and was resistant to damage, but this thing had to be closer to disaster level wolf not tiger.

Dain looked at it oddly, the slime looked back.

Dain went to the nearby store, the slime followed him.

Dain took some drinks and didn't pay, the slime was in the middle of the road. Though no car would be hitting it, since the blaring sirens told anyone with a brain that this was a no no zone.

So, Dain came back with the drink, came before the slime and started pouring water on to it.

Water, doesnt do anything. Soda, expands the slime.

But milk, milk obliterated the slime.

I mean, milk is a special commodity and no one would think of using it.

So why did Dain do so?

Well, the slime was slow and Dain wanted to see what would happen.

In case the slime somehow evolved? Sorry, no way. Dain already realized how powerful [Simple Life] was.

Monsters attacking humans was a rule of the world. Monsters killing humans also happened, but they were more likely to destroy structures.

So, monster leaned more towards destroying the city then killing humans. This means that if he ware to add [Simple Life] to the mix there would have been an even smaller chance of getting hurt.

Of course in the worst case scenario he could simply use [Heavy Intent] since the monsters were lacking on the mental department.

[1 monster down, disaster level - Tiger]

[Limiter +1%, Sealed +1%]

The abilites granted by the world could advance this way, sadly he couldn't grind the monsters since there were bound to be bottlenecks in many forms.

...

The small amount of civilians had already run away.

Dain looked at the sticky remains of the monster noting that even if it had eyes before, now nothing remained.

'It seems that monsters are actually just made out of one material even if it takes diffirent forms, parhaps from two at most? The weak spots also seem to not only be properties of the material but also present on the majority of monsters. This seems to be a common fact for these beings.'

The weaker you were the more weakpoints you had, the stronger you were the stronger your weakest link was.

'The major weakness of monsters is their chemical compostition and its streangth. They also seem to have near limitless stamina and a constant power output save for different forms.'

Observation required multiple comparisons, the monsters from the magazine and the monster he just fought were good enough to create a base theory.

'If I became a monster I would definitely become stronger but I wouldn't be human. In terms of long term effects, this is a horrible outcome.'

Dain looked at the map he bought a while ago, locating Bang's dojo wasn't difficult since it was a tourist location.

'Odd but dojo's usually do have cool architecture, I guess.'

...

The sirens blared as the people ran for their lives, someone had called the hero association the moment the slime came out the drain in the alleyway.

Some heros answered the call and came to the scene.

The association didn't have much information of the slime but any monster which didn't immedialty start destroying the city was sure to be of disaster level Tiger or less.

As for who answered these calls? That depended on the heroes own choice.

Of course when the heroes arrived they only saw a puddle of odd liquid.

...

Dain had arrived at the dojo, looking up at the steep mountain and the sheer amount of steps exhausted him.

'This tourist destination is only for the active type huh.'

Climbing the steps wasn't hard, the view is also pretty good. Nature secluded it from the world but still close to the city.

This world seemed to be a pangea continent with huge cities plastered on it. Though he was in a green area, Z city was surrounded by other cities in the east and south and the ocean in the north and west. Sadly, the east part which faces the ocean was abandoned due to high monster spawn rates. Now the whole abandoned part is where the Monster association resides, and, most imporatantly - Saitama.

'I wonder how many monsters are born within places without many humans. Mostly monsters are either native to the world or formed with immense amounts of emotions, the latter overshooting the former by quite a bit. At least on this world.'

Natural disasters, invaders, monsters and humanity itself threatend the peacful lives of the people. How they managed to survive is something Dain would love to know.

'The power this world possesses is immense, and if I could grasp it I would have a much easier time in other worlds.'

Dain knew that while this world was dangerous, it was also a great place for training and preparation. Compared to Origin and World 3 he could afford to be a bit lazy, yet he would never allow himself to do so. There were bound to be curveballs thrown at him, and he had to be prepared.

...

He had finally arrived at the top of the mountain, yet what suprised him were the panicked screams of its inhabitants.

'Damn it, plot.'

3