Prologue
119 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A young boy could be seen sitting near a lake staring into his own reflection. Golden Blonde hair and eyes as red as rubies. He stared at his reflection with eyes full of curiosity and innocence. He could hear voices from this lake, but these voices made him feel warm. Not like the voices of the Nun that took care of him in the orphanage. They were weird and their eyes looked weird too.

'Feel the breeze'

There! There was that voice again! It sounded like a lady singing. The boy got up and ran towards the origin of the beautiful voice. He wanted to know. He wanted to know who sang him to sleep every night. He wanted to know who comforted him when he was sad. He wanted to know who made him feel such warmth in him.

'Look at the sky'

The boy ran deeper and deeper inside the forest that surrounded the river. He would occasionally trip on a twig or bump into a tree he couldn't see in his haste. The minor pain he felt was nothing compared to the absolute curiosity and desperate mind that craved for answers.

'Sun's heating my cold skin'

He then reaches a clearing where the suns ray hit a lone rock that sat in between the lake.

'Take a breath, look around'

On the rock sat a maiden so beautiful, no mere words could describe her beauty. Dark obsidian locks of hair framed her heart shaped face. Hazel eyes set on a face that could bring men to their knees. Her porcelain skin glistening as the rays of the sun hit her. She was beauty incarnate and no one could say otherwise.

(P.S:- if this sounds too much, I'm sorry. I wrote what I found on the internet)

The maiden then casts her gaze towards the blonde boy that stared at her in awe. She giggled as the boy's face turned red in embarrassment. Her giggles sounded like little bells going off sending another wave of warmth inside the boy.

She got off the rock and slowly made her way, walking on top of the water and made her way towards him. She then crouched and held his little face in her soft hands. She took in every inch of his face much to his embarrassment. Her face then brightened as she smiled widely.

"You have finally returned, my King."

The boy broke out of his stupor and looked on in confusion.

'King? Who is her King?'. He thought in confusion.

"It's you, my lord."

The boy gasped.

"How did you know what I was thinking?"

She giggled yet again.

"It was all written on your face, my lord~"

The boy blushed scarlet in embarrassment but still had a small smile on his face.

"I am no king, lady. My name is Hoffen Lowenherz. I am 5 years old!". The boy exclaimed with a wide smile on his face.

The lady tittered as she patted his head.

"Call me Vivian, Hoffen."

"Sure Ms. Vivian!"

She then gave a firm nod in return.

"Now, you must be curious as to who this king is don't you?" She asked as he nods rapidly.

"Tell me Hoffen, do you know who your parents were?"

Hoffen then gained a pained look.

"I...I don't have parents...I live in an orphanage."

Vivian flinched and then softly hugged the distraught child.

"I'm sorry Hoffen. I didn't know."

Hoffen just smiled as he leaned into the hug.

"It's alright Ms. Vivian. I'm still happy and that's what matters! I have Jeanne to be my friend so I'm not alone!"

Vivian just smiled and ruffled his hair earning a cute pout from the child.

"Anyways, you my child, are a descendant of a very powerful man. He fought wars for the sake of justice, fought valiantly during the Third Crusade. He was said to have used the greatest sword created, the Excalibur. He was King Richard." Vivian said with a reminiscent look in her eyes. Hoffen was fascinated by her story but then was confused.

"Ms. Vivian, my name is Hoffen Lowenherz, and in german, that means Lionheart. So, does that mean I am related to King Richard?" Hoffen asked with such hope of being related to such a widely known figure.

Vivian smiled and nods her head as the boy grinned happily.

"Does that mean I'll get his sword!? Will I able to fight like him someday?" He asked rapidly in an excited manner. Vivian softly bonked his head to silence him.

"You are too young to do so, Hoffen. You are just 5 years old after all."

Hoffen then scrunched his nose in thought not noticing Vivian who barely held herself from glomping the cute little child.

"Will you then train me, Ms. Vivian?". He asks as he gazed at her with a pleading look in his eyes. Vivian just huffed and turned around.

"I'm sorry, Hoffen. But I cannot train you."

"What! Why?" He whined as he grabbed onto her leg.

"Why do you want to train, Hoffen? What would I get out of this?" Vivian asked with a glint of mischief in her eyes. Hoffen then furrowed his eyebrows and thought again.

"I want to train so that I can be strong enough to protect Jeanne! That's what I read in the books. True strength is attained when you have someone to fight for, someone to protect! Also, if you train me, I will marry you!" Hoffen said with eyes full of confidence and determination.

Vivian froze as she heard his reasons. 'It was just like when I met Arthur and Richard'...wait what!? He will marry me!?"

She then bonked him on the head as she blushed at his words.

"You can't say such words to someone you just met you dolt. Do you even know what marriage is?"

Hoffen rubbed his head as he pouts at her.

"Of course I do! Marriage is to stay with your special person who cares for you! But then even Jeanne cares for me...hmm..should I marry you both? Yes! I shall marry you both when I grow up!"

Vivian just facepalmed at the child's innocent thinking.

'He doesn't even know what he is talking about, he will forget it...'

(She regretted thinking as such.)

"Anyways, with such a noble reason to get strong, I will surely start training you. Also, when you come here tomorrow, bring Jeanne with you. I really want to see who has taken care of you all this time." Vivian said with a small smile on her face.

Hoffen nods as he hugged her tight. "Thank you Ms. Vivian! I'll surely bring Jeanne tomorrow! She really needs a friend!"

Vivian then nods as she placed her hand on his head. "Remember Hoffen, you will not speak of this meeting with anyone but Jeanne, okay?"

"Yes Ms. Vivian! I will tell this to Jeanne too!"

"Now off you go. Watch your step while making your way out of the forest." Vivian said as she patted his shoulder. Hoffen nods and then starts waddling back to the orphanage and to tell Jeanne what happened today.

As Vivian sees him off, her smile slowly fell.

'A lot of hardships and obstacles will cross your path...but I and this Jeanne would surely watch over you...'

-With Hoffen-

Hoffen ran across the fields as the orphanage came in his view. It was a drab grey building with a window or two. He then sneaks his way through the fence and enters the building. He ran through the hallways and then into the room at the end of the hallway.

As he enters, he saw a blonde girl of his age with indigo blue eyes. Her eyes sparkled as she saw her only friend returning.

"Hoffen! Where have you been?". She asked as she hugged him tight.

"I have something really important to say to you, Jeanne." Hoffen said as he pats her back. She got up and looked at him with curious eyes.

"I have met someone today who is willing to train me! She also told who my ancestor was!"

"Whoa! That means, she can tell who my ancestor is too?!" She asked with a hopeful look.

Hoffen nods much to her happiness.

"I am sure she can! Tomorrow, we shall both sneak out of here and go to the lake in the forest. She shall meet us there." Hoffen said with a serious look on his face. Jeanne nods and then yawns suddenly.

"Let's go to sleep Hoffen. I'm really sleepy."

"Of course Milady!"

Hoffen then carried the giggling girl in a princess carry and made their way to bed. They both then laid on the bed cuddling.

"Good Night, Hoffen."

"Good Night, Jeanne."

_______________________________________

Prologue is out. Hope you enjoyed it. Any queries, please ask. If there are mistakes, please let me know.! Ciao~

-Sen_tobi

4