Chapter 4
60 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the monthly meeting with Yasaka. Hoffen and his entourage then decided to tour Kyoto once before returning back to their base. With Kunou on his back and Tamamo and Shinmen at his sides, they left. After walking around the many shrines present there devoted to every known Shinto God or Goddess, Hoffen decided to leave to base. 

"Thank you for today, Kunou-chan. It felt nice taking a break after all the chaos which has been brewing all over the underworld too.", Hoffen said as he ruffled the little fox' hair. Kunou preened and hugged him around the waist. 

"Your most welcome! Kunou-chan is always happy when you come here and spend time with Kunou! Please visit again!", The girl said as Hoffen hugged her back.

"Umu! I will visit soon if I find some free time.", Hoffen said as he prepared a circle towards his castle along with Tamamo and Shinmen. He then pulled out of the hug and waved one last time at Kunou before disappearing.

~Glastonbury Tor, Glastonbury~

Hoffen and the trio sighed as they reappeared in the throne room. It was dark and time for dinner. He then made his way towards the dining hall where the rest of his companions awaited his return. He then pushed the lofty door of the dining room and went in.

There were butlers and maids cantering along here and there preparing dinner for the inner circle members

There were butlers and maids cantering along here and there preparing dinner for the inner circle members. Hoffen smiled softly as he nodded towards the various butlers and maids who acknowledged his presence with a bow and warm smiles on their faces.

He then made his way towards the table and sat beside a blonde woman with indigo eyes and soft smile on her face. She glanced towards Hoffen and her eyes brightened and her smile grew even more. Hoffen smiled softly before taking her hand and intertwining his fingers with hers. 

"I am home, Jeanne. How was your day?", Hoffen asked with his eyes closed. Jeanne hummed in content and answered.

"Welcome home, Hoffen. I had a fine day. How about you? How was your meeting in Kyoto?", Jeanne asked softly as she saw the other members entering the room taking a seat at the table. Hoffen giggled softly seeing Mordred bantering with Artoria. 

"The meeting went well as usual. Kunou-chan gave her regards and said Hi.", Hoffen said as he then turned his head and planted a soft kiss on her cheek making her blush softly as she giggled at Hoffen. They then were broken out of their trance when he heard coughing from the other side of the table. He then glanced towards Lint and Artoria who were glancing at him with angry glares. Hoffen sighed seeing this and then cleared his throat.

"Good evening, respected comrades of mine. Hope you all had completed your assigned work and missions for today?", Hoffen said in a clear and gentle voice. The other members nodded their heads with smiles on their faces looking at their leader with respect and pride. 

"Lord Hoffen, apart from the usual stray hunts and help requests, we have also received information from the church regarding the Excalibur Pieces.", Arthur began after finishing his dinner. He then pushed his spectacles and continued on. "Excalibur Destruction is with Xenovia, our informant from the Church and Mimic with Irina Shidou. The rest of the pieces, Rapidly, Transparency and Nightmare, have been said to have been stolen quite recently. They have suspected rogue elements from the Grigori. All evidences are pointing towards Kokabiel.", He ended with a grim tone. 

"Do we know where he has taken refuge as of now, Arthur?", Hoffen asked gently with a serious look in his eyes. The atmosphere at the table had now turned serious. Arthur cleared his throat and then said.

"Kuoh Town, Lord Hoffen. He has some infamous people at his side such as Freed Sellzen and Valper Galilei.", Arthur continued while taking a glance at Lint who flinched at hearing the name of her wayward brother. Hoffen sat silently before sighing silently.

"This is really troublesome. With the presence of two of the siblings of the Satan, things could go down really badly. Knowing the war-hawk, he probably wants to start a war by using the 2 heiresses as the catalyst. How has the church responded to this provocation?", Hoffen then asked turning towards Lint. Lint bowed her head and spoke.

"They are planning to send Xenovia and Irina to negotiate with the devils present to reclaim the Excalibur Pieces, along with a group of exorcists.", Lint said shaking her head at the stupidity of the church. Hoffen's eye twitched hearing this.

'How stupid and prideful can the church officials can be!? They are going against a cadre class fallen! Jeezus.'

After pondering for a while, his gaze tuned steely. With a commandeering voice, he began laying down orders. "Hmm...the situation is even more worse then I can expect. All right! Rossweisse, Musashi and Arthur, start mobilizing our troops. We need to be ready for anything that can possibly happen. Lint, call back all our teams sent on mission. Call for a complete lockdown on all of our bases. Tell the stationed troops to prepare for a possible conflict. Our first priority is the safety of our people. Also, I and Jeanne shall make our way towards Kuoh."

The final order was met with a lot of objection. 

"Lord Hoffen, you are our leader so please refrain from doing such reckless acts."

"Hoffen-sama, let Musashi and Tamamo go instead, don't risk yourself out there."

"Lord Hoffen, I and Rossweisse shall go in your stead. You and Lady Jeanne should stay back and command us."

Hoffen smiled as Jeanne giggled from beside seeing the concerned faces his comrades showed. 

"Hehe~ I am glad to see you all are concerned for me, but I and Jeanne are capable to defend ourselves. Also, you all are my comrades, not subordinates, so I won't just send you off while I stay here. I shall fight alongside you all. As such, I and Jeanne shall leave for Kuoh tomorrow. I can easily forge papers to enter the Kuoh Academy. Now, please rest tonight as tomorrow will get hectic.", Hoffen said with a warm smile on his face. The rest of the knights nod their head respectfully and move out of the room. Hoffen then got up with Jeanne in tow. 

After he saw everyone out, he sighed deeply and slightly slouched in exhaustion. Seeing this, Jeanne had a worried look on her face. She then embraced Hoffen softly, wrapping her slender arms around his neck. Hoffen returned the embrace as he placed his arms on her waist. Jeanne then snuggled into his chest. 

"Are you looking after yourself well, Hoffen? You look excessively tired today.", Jeanne said softly as she sighed in content feeling Hoffen's hands around her waist. Hoffen just hummed softly burying his face into her hair. 

"Come on, let's retire for the day. A good night's rest will elevate your exhaustion.", Jeanne said as she slowly led Hoffen towards their room. Hoffen just smiled as he held her hand tightly.

"Hmm~ What would I do without you, Jeanne. You have been such a blessing in my life.", Hoffen said in a daze making Jeanne's beautiful face flush in happiness. After reaching their room and changing into their sleepwear, they both get onto the bed cuddling. 

"I love you, Jeanne.", Hoffen murmured as he snuggled into her embrace. Jeanne smiled softly softly kissing him. 

"I love you too, Hoffen."

~Timeskip~

~Kuoh Academy, Student Council Room~

"I have received a message from Onee-sama. She says some important people may show up tomorrow. Possibly from the new faction, Haven Of Ro. Please refrain from doing anything rash, Rias.", a steely voice said with a tinge of nervousness. 

"Hmph. What can they even do in my territory, Sona. Let them come, they should be honored that I am allowing them into my territory.", a haughty voice harrumphed haughtily. 

In the room sat a black, bob-haired girl with magenta eyes. She had a serious look and was glaring at the haughty person. This is Sona Sitri, Heiress of the Sitri Clan and little sister of Serafall Leviathan. In front of her sat a crimson haired girl with cyan eyes. 

"Rias, this is a serious matter. The new faction is said to be allied with the Grigori, Norse Pantheon and Kyoto too. They have already began negotiations with the Heaven too! Do not provoke them!", Sona said snapping at her spoiled friend. Rias then turned serious.

"Hm...is that so? Well then, lets see how powerful this faction really is."

________________________________________________________________________________

 

Hope you enjoy this chapter. Please inform me if there are errors. 

Up next: Kuoh, confrontations, perverts, kokabiel and plastic sword fest!

1