Volume 2: Prologue
52 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A feminine figure could be seen trotting her way through the forest as dead stray's lay at her feet. She just hummed playfully as she located another group and leisurely made her way there. Just then, a golden magic circle materialized next to her ear. She perked up and then smirked.

"Ara~ Hoffenya~ Have you finally decided to accept me as your one and only nya~?"

A tired sigh could be heard from the magic circle followed by some kind of muffled thrashing around.

"Sounds good but, I decline. Are you done with your work?"

"Hm. I am almost done with the last group. Why nya~?"

"We need you here. Cao Cao is going rogue and, we need as much power as possible to make sure the casualties are at a minimum."

"So Cao-nya~ finally went AWOL?" The woman said as she narrowed her hazel-like eyes.

"Unfortunately, yes. We will start moving in 2 days towards their base. It may even turn into an urban scale battle. Arthur has round up the Commanders and is netting through the ranks for possible traitors. So far, there have been 8 low-rank soldiers who have been caught. They were promised riches and power in exchange for their loyalty."

The woman then started flying up and then raced towards the last group of stray creatures. Her black kimono was flapping in the wind which did nothing to cover up her seductive and mature body.

Purple symbols formed behind her as she sent blue blasts at the strays, killing them one by one. Her cat-like hazel eyes just looked around for stragglers before she sighed.

"I'll be there, Hoffenya~. This Kuroka shall help you nya~!" Kuroka said as she was then suddenly surrounded by purple mist.

"Looking forward to your return, Kuroka." That was the last thing she heard as the magic circle dissipated.

"He~h. Hoffenya is still as upright as always...Nothing bad in getting playful sometimes y'know nya~!" The feline lady said, pouting as her cat ears twitched.

"Mah~ Will have to go and loosen him up by myself~. And then we can have a lovely litter of kittens~!"

Kuroka said as she skipped around in the forest before a magic circle formed beneath her feet. She then looked around once more before she disappeared with the magic circle.

~With Hoffen~

Hoffen sighed as the magic circle had dissipated. He then had a deadpan look on his face as he stared at a blushing Jeanne who sat in front of him.

"*ahem* Leaving that aside. How are your preparations going on?" Hoffen asked as Jeanne calmed herself down.

"I spoke with the rest of the Knights and prepared them all. Mordred was particularly angry hearing of Cao Cao's betrayal." Jeanne said with a small frown.

"He left us with no choice. All we can do right now is to keep the citizens safe and the damage down to a dot." Hoffen said before a knock was heard on his door.

"Who is it?"

"Lord Hoffen, the soldiers are ready and prepped for combat." A sound said from behind the door. Hoffen nodded before dismissing him. He then glanced at Jeanne before they made their way towards the rally grounds.

The soldiers stood at attention in a neat file. From the report, 5,000 soldiers had been rallied for this and a severe gag order had been placed to prevent the panicking of the citizens. He climbed onto the podium that was placed in front of the soldiers.

He stared at every soldier with a steely gaze as he prepared his words.

"I am amongst you at this time, not for recreation or sport, but being resolved, in the midst and heat of the battle, to live or die amongst you all; to lay down, for my kingdom, and for my people, my honor and my blood.

One of our Knights, Cao Cao has defected along with 3,000 of your comrades. He has been lured by hatred and power to go against what our faction stands for. This particular battle will be difficult as you fight against your own comrades who have been deceived by Cao Cao to go against the Haven!

Shall we allow our audacious enemies to violate with impunity the territory of the Haven? Will you permit the army to escape which has carried terror into your families? You will not. March, then, to meet him. Tear from his brows the laurels he has won. Teach the world that a malediction attends those that violate the territory of the Haven Of Ro. The result of our efforts will be unclouded glory and durable peace.

There must be no room in our ranks for whimperers and cowards, for panic-mongers and deserters. Our people must know no fear in fight and must selflessly join our battle, our battle against the misguided!

We shall end this battle as soon as possible. We shall end this needless struggle and keep carrying the message of the Haven! We shall fight for the downfall of misplaced hatred and fight for eternal peace and stability!" 

Hoffen said with a grand voice. He then raised his fist high and declared, 

                                           "VICTORY AND GLORY TO THE HAVEN OF RO!!!"

The army all riled up shouted back to their King. 

                                         "VICTORY TO THE HAVEN OF RO!"

                                               "GLORY TO LORD HOFFEN!"

'Sounded too much like the Church bastards. But they do give great speeches...'

                                               'Operation Invidia is a go!'

___________________________________________________________

(A/N): Wanted to get this one done. Fell sick after I got myself vaccinated. Side effects they told me. Hope you all enjoy this and let me know if you find any errors. Critics are welcome. 

If you have any question, join our discord. 

https://discord.gg/QjbBzD8MPk

Thank you! Tobi out~!

2