Chapter 1: The Beginning
26 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The year 3000 was when the world changed for all beings that called the Earth home. They learned that they weren't alone in the wider world and neither were they the strongest.

As it was stated in the historic records of that time, the earth was invaded by monsters from a glowing red rift that appeared at random across the world. 

Monsters poured out like rushing tides as the people were frozen in shock at the unexpected situation, but before the inevitable clash that would result in a rain of blood and heavy pressure descended from the sky that pulled the world to a standstill.

Beings of power unimaginable to humans of that time that would later be known as the 'Seven Sin,' 'Seven Virtues,' and 'Council of God's,' had made an appearance.

They appeared in the people's of earth time of need to offer them a deal as a door to their survival. In exchange for half of the energy, the earth has amassed for the trillions of years they would bless the humans with the ability to fight back and reach even greater heights.

The deal was struck with a majority of humanity agreeing to it and the power bestowed upon them was ‘Evolution’. This granted the humans the chance to gain the abilities and powers of all known and unknown supernaturals that existed inside and outside of their legends.

The power was granted along with the knowledge on how to use and cultivate it, and now with the powers to fight back the flames of war raged between humans and the invading races.

During the long period of conflict enemies and allies were made as the battle raged and expand outwards into space; 500 years later having stabilized the war, humans developed rapidly with the new knowledge as experiences gained. 

The era of rapid development soon gave way to stability as 300 years passed paving the way to the current era which is known as the 'Kosmiko's Era.'

___

The teacher looked at the class of students as the holographic screen disappeared with the end of the documentary.

" Can anyone tell me what types of beings humans made a deal with, 500 origin crystals for the correct answer?"

All hands in the class rose in a flash after hearing the end of the teacher's words.

" You," said the teacher pointing at the back of the classroom.

A boy with silk-like black hair that came to rest over his shoulders, sliver eyes that gave of a mystical glow rose from his seat.

" The 'Seven Sin' and 'Seven Virtues' are beings that were born from the concept that they represent and as such are known as 'Conceptual Gods'; while the 'Council of Gods' is assumed to be an entity made from a myriad of gods."

" Good, can you tell me how they currently interact with our species, and how do we judge stages of evolution," asked the teacher with a smile on his face.

" They interact with us through a blessing that was added to the deal later that grants unique abilities and evolution choices. 

As for evolution, there are 3 stages which each has 3 levels making a total of 9 levels," taking a moment to gather his thoughts and breathe.

" As for the stages, they are fledgling, maturing, and full."

Nodding his head " good, 500 origin crystals; as this was the last class you guys will be having I hoped you all paid attention and I wish you luck tomorrow. Dismissed."

Finished with his words, the teacher left the classroom.

" Thirio aren't you a lucky one gaining 500 more origin crystals before the baptism," came a jovial voice as a hand was thrown over said boy.

"Vasilias didn't you score quite a few for yourself some days back," came Thirio reply followed by a smooth jab to Vasilias gut cause him to remove his hand.

"hehe true, anyway have you decided your evolution path."

"Were-human evolution path."

" I see your mind is made up, any way you should already know the ins and outs of that path so I won't say anything," Vasilias looked at his friend and saw the determination in his eyes so refrained from saying more.

They both walked out of the classroom while making their way to the cafeteria when a thought occurred to Vasilias.

" So that's what you're going for, now I see why you've been a poor bastard, my friend."

"Since you know I'm a poor bastard you can get dinner tonight and it's Gula day," Thirio said while a nasty smirked spread across his lips.

Vasilias paled at thought of the bill to come as he put on a flattering smile as he grabbed Thirio's shoulder.

"Ah Thirio you know that you're a gift to us from the gods, a dragon destined for greatness, can you not let this humble servant of yours go."

Thirio looked at Vasilias in disgust while the other bat his eyes at him pleadingly.

"Nope, no matter what you say, you aren't getting out of it this time you shameless bastard," with his piece done he dashed towards his destination.

'Damn, that heartless bastard' Cursed Vasilias in his head.

___

"Is everyone here?"

"Yes sir," came the short response from a man standing at an open door and peering into the room before him.

He stared at the man before him that had a muscular body that seemed to have been forged from rare metals the way they offset the darkness that swallowed the room. Spiky glossy hair that gleamed with untold sharpness and bright green eyes.

'This is one of the defenders of our race' thought the man as he looked at the man before him with eyes ablaze with passion.

"Let's go."

After a short walk, the defender was currently in a conference room sitting on a black throne while a semi-circular table with ten individuals was before him.

"The students will be taking off to that place tomorrow and I expect no mishaps to occur to a single one. Its also been decided that their field test will be on the planet Agrios."

Everyone around the table was currently replaying the information that was presented to them and discussing it among themselves.

"We have no objections to Sir Mavro's arrangement but I have to ask why that planet from the many options."

The now named Mavro turned to look dead into the eyes of the middle-aged man that had spoken on behalf of everyone before him.

"I just knew it would be you again Raion as for your question, hmmm...."

Humming in thought Mavro took in the reaction of everyone before him silently as he could see the glimmer of expectation hidden in their eyes.

'They'll find out eventually even if I don't give them the information now; it's better to have it out from now so I can better keep them all under control,' he thought.

"Agrios's has had a huge spike in its energy and is going through a world evolution as such it's been decided that the students will be sent there in the hopes that a 'Royal' will be born from this event.

A wave of discussion exploded in the room as soon as the last word left Mavro's mouth while another round of extensive conversation began. 

___

A pure white castle the size of a small country sat in the sky like a separate realm; rainbow-colored mists covered the top while black sinister mist flowing with red lighting covered the bottom.

The students looked in awe as they slowly got closer coming to a full stop before a gleaming blue crystal bridge.

"We can't follow you beyond this point as only you students are allowed to step on the bridge."

Nodding at the teachers present, one by one the students stepped onto the bridge as they vanished in a shower of light.

"They walk their paths now, let's go," said a teacher watching the students vanish before leaving with the aircraft.

___

Thirio blinked his eyes a few times to remove the lingering bright spots from his vision; taking a look around Thirio noticed he was in a black room with red lightning flashing overhead.

"Seems I'll receive the blessing of Sin's as I wanted" he muttered to himself.

"Well of course, did you think it was a random process that relied on chance."

Spinning behind him with a quick twist of his leg, Thirio saw a small yellow flame floating there.

"Which concept are you."

"Quite smart aren't you, but that makes this easier. I'm the concept of Greed and I'll be administrator of your blessing."

"Oh, I never took myself to be too greedy but fine what do I need to do now."

The flame floated closer towards Thirio while a spark broke off landing on his watch terminal which turned yellow for a few seconds before regaining its original black color.

"That's quite a lot of origin crystals you have. You have quite a list of paths available for your evolution, you've also met the requirements to have a 'Trinity' bestowed on you."

"Trinity? anyway, show me all the unique and above were-human available just to the seven sins."

Thirio didn't know how but he felt the flame was giving him a look of interest which caused a shiver down his spine.

"Here's the list as you have requested."

A holographic screen appeared before Thirio as he looked at the choices before him:

  • Chaos Were-human - grows through acts of Chaos. Produces Chaos energy through cultivation.
  • Sin Feeder - draws from the acts of sin committed creating Sin energy for cultivation.
  • Ravager - A hunger unlike any as it devours the energy present for its growth.
  • Dominator - Conquer or destroy all is possible. 
  • Breaker - Escape all fetters.
  • Ruler - Rule as you will.

Thirio was lost in thought reading through the list, glancing at it from time to time.

"I thought you guys would know everything" he whispered to himself.

"Sorry to burst your bubble but we aren't omniscient but no need to worry more concert information will be given after your choice and even more when you go through your first evolution." 

A nod was all the flame got in response for the boy.

"Pick the 3 sin's you would like to bless you Thirio," said Greed

"I'm assuming this has something to do with the Trinity you mentioned."

"I always like the smart ones, and before you ask, the requirement I mentioned is based on the whims of us seven. Now pick," said Greed with a smile in its voice.

"Lust, Greed, and Gluttony," Thirio said after a few moments of contemplation 

"Well-chosen," said Greed.

Thirio looked to the flame to speak when three small flames shimmered to life in the center of his forehead burst to cover his entire body soon after. Yellow, blue, and orange soon colored the black room.

"W..w....hat.....ell," was all Thirio could squeeze out before blacking out from the pain consuming his body.

Greed watched with Fascination as the flames covered Thirio in a cacoon that started to pulse rhythmically.

"Seems they quite like him, now let's see what kind of trinity you will produce young beast.

Thirio slowly opened his eyes, taking in his surroundings.

'Seems I'm still in the room and my body doesn't feel like it's missing anything.'

" Seems the absorption is done, your body greedily took in all that energy and should now have an easier time taking in all kinds of energy.

Now just select your path so we can be done with this. Before you ask all the basic knowledge and effect of a trinity has already been sent to your terminal."

Floating about as its voice projected all around the room, the flame came to rest on his shoulder.

"Now tell me," it whispered.

___

Thirio appeared on a grassy prairie in a flash of light to see his fellow schoolmates slowly boarding an aircraft.

"The last batch just came out, we move out in 30 minutes," shouted a man wearing a black camo uniform.

'Seems things aren't quite done yet, especially with the military being here' Thirio mused while glancing at the three crescent moons on the right shoulder of the man's uniform as he passed by.

'Moon Division!' he thought in shock while boarding the ship. 

*Clang*

The sound of the doors closing echoes across the room, "good that was the last on them" said a soldier.

"Now that everyone is on board we can now move to the next phase" came a voice from the comms on the ship.

"You will all be taken to a planet that is currently undergoing an evolution to help you progress faster at your current stage and to see if any of you can gain anything from it.

Do be warned thou that the planet while under our control is not safe and we will offer no protection other than the bare minimum. The soldiers around will guide you to your room."

The voice cut off after finishing the passing of information leaving the students to think to themselves.

"Which planet are we heading to," asked a student while looking at one of the soldiers' presents. 

"The Desolate system's, Agrios" came the curt reply of the soldier who smiled at the shuddering students.

"Let's go all the data you need will be in your room. It'll take a month to get to the Desolate system and then another 2 weeks to Agrios."

With his piece done the soldier walked away but not hearing the shuffling of moving behind him.

"You guys coming," he said while looking back at the unmoving students before resuming his walk.

Thirio stood rooted for a few more seconds before following after the soldier.

'Fuck!' was all he thought. 

0