Chapter 5: Space Flower
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Gashna looked at the groups, evaluating the chances of death for each while making adjustments to the member compositions to better ensure the survival of each member. Gashna soon stood before two of the people he found interesting within the expedition. He hadn’t seen either of them in combat but his instinct warned him to be warry of the cloaked figure, while he couldn’t see through the cultivation of the sliver-haired human.

 

“I haven’t seen either of you in combat but you seem to be confident enough in each of your abilities for it to just be the two of you,” searching eyes scanned them pryingly as Gashna’s words brought them to the attention of the others.

 

Noticing the looks of those around them, small muscle twitches, and shinning eyes, they both realized what the Orc before them was hoping to accomplish by drawing them on the center stage they silently cursed in their minds at the sly bastard.

 

“We are confident in ourselves to look after ourselves yes, thou I wouldn’t say that about other people as neither of us seems to play well with others below our level and I’d rather not be slowed down in such an environment,” like a chilling wind, Rian’s voice froze all the members about to approach them with his statement.

 

Looks of displeasure soon started to surface on the faces of many within the crowd that directed fierce glares at the two young men standing before them at the implication of them being dead weight. 

 

Not expecting such a response that would turn the crowd against them, Gashna was momentarily frozen but he quickly recovered his wits about himself. Casting a more serious look at the cloaking wearing young man, Gashna considered his options on how to progress, ‘this is just a temporary party and will most likely never work together again so they don’t need to care for the thoughts of the others, plus as he said weaker ones are dead weight and it’s hard to…..’

 

Gashna’s eyes sparkle with delight “you’ve made yourself clear about why it’s just you two but do you have so much trust in someone you’ve only seen a few hours ago and only spoken to for a few minutes. Wouldn't having more people in your group serve to restrain each other to lower the chances of backstabbing.”

 

Thirio gave a nod after listening to what Gashna said as he wasn’t wrong, it was pretty common for such things to happen when one was out doing missions in dangerous areas such as this. Truly it was a major concern for many people joining large expedition but there were many ways to solve it as such method was Gashna’s suggestion; a smirk on his lips Thirio looked over to Rian seeing his pulling a black crystal with golden mist swirling within.

 

“There’s no need for you to worry about that happening between us. A contract has already been formed between us in regards to that problem, with this I hope all your worries have been put to bed,” his voice was neither too slow nor fast, it was flat and cold seeming to keep all that could hear at arm’s length.

 

Eyes focused on the black crystal before him Gashna could only accept his defeat as with the contract crystal before him he could no longer try to force the two into taking a portion of people with them.

 

“Since you’ve both decided and I have no reason to worry, let’s leave it at that. All the other groups are already sorted so let’s move out and being our search for the objective and I hope everyone keeps in mind the time you have to reach back to the gathering point.”

 

Hearing voices of affirmation Gashna gave a nod before everyone scattered in random directions to begin their search.

 

___

 

Tress and shrubs blurred by as Rian led Thirio through the forest towards the location of treasure they sought after. Thirio followed closely while converting and storing the energy he too from the air around them.

 

“I don’t think I really need to say it but as you haven’t I will, were being followed, four or five people are following us from quite a distance back,” without breaking stride Thirio sent his words to Rian through energy transmission.

 

“Four people are following us. I expect there to be powerful beasts guarding the flower, I told you before signing the contract. Luckily after pissing them off while talking to Gashna a few were petty enough to come seeking revenge for the slight; now we have quite a bit of free labor to help with the beasts.”  

 

Listening to how far back Rian had started planning and laying moves Thirio was impressed with how devious and calculative his partner was while taking note that he shouldn’t be too rash in the future less he’ll fall prey to the plans of others without his knowledge.

 

The conversation with the two all but finished they both sped up but kept a paste at which their trailers wouldn’t have too much problem following.

 

___

 

“Young Lord Ruvyn, it seems they increased their paste a bit, it will hard for us to keep up with them at their current speed,” the sweet voice of a woman drifted into the ear of the elf at the head of the group.

 

Looking back, the now name Ruvyn took in the other three members of his little group composed of another elf, an orc, and a beast-man. Turning to look at the beast-woman as she was the one that spoke up he took in her cat-shaped humanoid appearance, clawed fingers and toes, orange fur covered her body that was wrapped in short-shorts, armored tank top; a tail of the same coloration came from her tail bone.

 

Ruvyn couldn’t help feeling a heat surging in his loins when he took in her full hips and trembling mountains on her chest, “No need to worry, they won’t get away from us.”

 

The wind surged and wrapped around the bodies of the group member seeming to lighten their bodies; pushing them forward at greater speeds.

 

“With this, we catch up to them and rip them to shreds while bathing in their blood,” with his bloodlust and savagery on full display the orc petitioned his fellow members, his eagerness for bloodshed lacing his voice with a rough excited pitch.

 

“Not now, they seem to have a destination in mind and I want to know where they are going, it might bring us an unexpected windfall. I advise you all to be on your guard it wouldn’t surprise me if they already knew about us and the fact they haven’t acted might suggest some trap waiting for us down the road.”

 

With the strongest of them voicing his opinion, the others quietly agreed their movements taking a bit of caution while formed a defensive formation.

 

___

 

Rian and Thirio looked at the swirling mist within the valley before them with interest, “This should be the place; it’s another smaller folded space within this larger one. Let’s go.”

 

Stepping into the valley, they both like a distinct feeling of walking on nothing with shifted soon to the solid feeling of ground while the mist blocking their view cleared; more than the scene of beauty presented by the many glittering silver flowers that comprised the field they were on, its was the rigorous spatial energy that assaulted their every sense, battering it like a tide that left the two young men in shock.

 

“Don’t touch anything and let’s head in deeper and conceal ourselves, they should be arriving soon.”  

 

Thirio followed in silence while rapidly feeding all the energy amassed within his trinity to it, making room for the spatial energy he started taking within it, ‘the energy is pretty pure, absorb as much as you can. Sate your greed, lust, and gluttony for me;’ as if responding to thoughts the speed the fed on the previous and absorbed the new increased by a fold.

 

Leaving the field they re-entered a forest, periodically extending their will’s it was cleared without incident.

 

“We’re here, seems I was right and wrong,” Rains usually cold voice carried a tinge of excitement as his eyes were locked in the distance, six glowing sliver petals, a crystalline silver stem, a black pearl flashing with sliver streak with sat within the center of the six petals of the flower.

 

“That’s the rank 3 space flower and we found two, but should I say our luck is good or bad; to also run into a peak 4th rank beast,” looking 4-meter tall rock upon with the flower rested being guarded by three wolves Thirio gave a deep sigh.

 

“Let’s get a move on, some preparations are needed to ensure we done waste the bait we brought all the way here.”

 

The two soon once again disappeared back within the forest behind them.

 

___

 

Gasps of shock sounded as the mist cleared before Ruvyn and the others, “No wonder they left so fast, with all these space flowers we’d make a small fortune,” already dash forward to harvest the Orc shouts of excitement sounded.

 

“All the 2nd rank flowers are mine, do what you will with the others,” like water Ruvyn’s voice doused the flames of excitement that burned within the others; thou he hadn’t said it in a forceful manner they had felt the oppressive energy laced within each of his words.

 

“We wouldn’t dare take more than your will to give young lord,’ the purring voice of the beast-woman sounded. The other had noticed the heated gaze that the young elf would send the only woman of the group from time to time throughout-out their journey making her the official spokesperson for them.

 

Ruvyn scanned the area searching for a trace their targets may have left behind but having found nothing had him lost in thought. ‘They didn’t take anything from this area meaning something of greater value is present within this folded space.’

 

Looking at the once full field now almost completely barren, Ruvyn took a sliver crystal that was being handed to him, “your quite dutiful Mezri, why don’t you follow me when this is all over.”

 

Smile as softly as she could with her cat head, Mezri shyly accepted “thank you for your grace young lord.”

 

Smiling brightly Ruvyn refocused on the situation as now was not the time to indulge in the body before him, “theirs is likely to be a higher grade treasure to be had in this space. As they have a head start we need to speed up if we want to have a chance of obtaining it; remain cautious of traps as we move.”

 

With renewed Vigor the four dashed into the forest before them; Ruvyn extending his will to scan for any traps along the path. Unobstructed they soon stood at the edge of the forest looking at the same scene Thirio and Rian did.

 

‘With two flowers of that rank, I can breakthrough my current stage to the other,’ greed clouding his mind as the opportunity for a breakthrough was right before him, his attention wholly upon the flowers before him, Ruvyn’s reaction was delayed as a might explosion of energy racked the forest behind them drawing the attention of the guarding beasts squarely to their group.

 

*Howl*

 

Looking in the eyes burning with savagery, the howls of anger reverberating with the air, Ruvyn knew retreat was no longer an option.

 

“I’ll handle the peak 4th rank, you three manage the two low 4th rank. Hold nothing back...” with no time left to say anything else they all rushed out to meet their enemies.

 

____

 

Further with the forest Thirio and Rian watched as the two parties clashed with each other, “work hard now my light baits, you’ve been paid well after all.”

 

Thirio shivered looked at the dark smile plastered on Rian’s face and blade-like sharpness that came from his words. Looking back at the furious clashing taking place some distance from them Thirio could only sigh in admiration.

 

‘Seems I have a lot more to learn.’

0