Chapter 11
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Eyes burning with excitement stared at the ten soldiers that had just finished giving their reports on the students; to think that there were so many talents hidden within just this batch, “ are you sure his influence affected a 6-meter radius.”

 

Becoming the sole focus of such intense eyes caused the soldier to stand straighter, “ yes general; dragon essence was also present within his body, although it was extremely pure and he has another wolf-related essence that’s speed-related in nature.”

 

Pulling up the students’ file, Reva searched the list for the one assigned to the base the soldier mentioned giving is file a quick read through, “ Thirio, just his strength along will be a fit for my division, I must snatch him up before anyone else, but let’s see how he does; Roy get in here now.”

 

“Yes, general.” Only a few seconds had passed after his name being called did he arrive within the room saluting the woman sitting at the desk.

 

Smiling at the quick response, Reva absent-mindedly played with a strand of her fiery-red hair. Flicking a strand of energy at the soldier, “ with this you should understand your mission, don’t reveal yourself unless death is the only outcome in the situation.”

 

Nodding at his general, the energy was finally absorbed, and the information on his mission was instilled in his brain with it. “I hear and obey General Reva.”

 

“Now go, we might get junior for you guys to boss around.”

 

With a twinkle in his eyes at the prospect, Roy quickly departed.  

 

___

 

‘How did we get here,’ Thirio thought, sensing the tense atmosphere amongst the occupants of the room, “oh wise and great Vadne, bless me with your awesome knowledge on how to resolve this mess.”

 

Why would I resolve anything, plus I fully agree with your friend; it won’t kill her to let him slap that fine ass she’s sporting once, in my opinion, you let her get that chance instead….”

 

Cutting the link with Vadne, who seemed to only want to add more chaos into the mix. Thirio looked at the scowling woman, the grinning Vasilias and, a cold face Rian who only silently looked at him.

 

“You more or less put this team together, your job to lead it,” that what his eyes were saying to him, at least that what Thirio thought.

 

Thinking back, his days must have been going too well after he attacked that soldier. He had gotten a good response from Rian who even said he would invite someone he knew to join. Vasilias was surprisingly on time for their meet-up the following day. The problem started when they came to the location for everyone to convene and decide on resource division.

 

Thirio had expected their fourth member to be a cold face man like Rian; he wasn’t expecting a sliver-whited hair goddess, caramel brown skin that seemed filled with sweetness, sharp gold eyes, breast that seemed sculpted to fit snugly within the palms of men, his eye’s traveling lower, Thirio sucked in a breath.

 

“Such wonderful thighs, and that ass, it looks so supple and tight and that size, just one slap I beg of you, let me see it jiggle just once from my slap,” Vasilias voice broke the silence within the room.

 

Thirio sighed, lashing out with a punch that connected with Vasilias stomach, “ I apologize for this idiot here, thought with beauty like yours I’m sure you should be used to petty idiots like this, so I hope you don’t take it to heart Miss ….” 

 

“Amare, Amare Nirvana. It seems like you haven’t changed much from the scoundrel you were before Vasilias Isotita.”

 

Freezing at the mention of his last name. Vasilias sneakily took a glance at Thirio face, only to see it unchanged, “ come on man, shouldn’t you be showing some shock at the reveal that I’m a great and mighty young master!”

 

“Why should I; it’s nothing shocking, and you did a piss poor job at hiding it anyway. It seems you’re already used to his ways so, let’s move on to other business, shall we?

 

“No, no, no, how can you just gloss over my identity like that.”

 

Ignore the howling Vasilias, Thirio on the other’s sat around the table, “ I’m sure the both of you are already aware of what’s about to happen on this planet and the carnage that will follow.”

 

Seeing nor sensing any shifts in their energy or emotion, Thirio smiled, “ I’ll get straight to the meat of the matter. I’d like you both to join me and Vasilias.”

 

“How will leadership and conflict be handled within the group,” tapping lightly upon the table with her fingers, Amare inquired.

 

She’s giving you a test, I’m sure she already has quite a fair share of information on you,’ hearing the clear amusement in Vadne’s voice; Thirio ignored her, focusing on the cold beauty before him, ‘ won’t my test in women become too high if I keep running into beauties of this caliber,’ he idly thought.

 

“In regards to that, as the one part that currently has the trust of two of the four member’s, I’ll assume the position of leader, but as it’s my first time exposed to such an event, all your opinions will be weighted when decisions are to be made but, I’ll still be the one to make the final call to ensure that no fights break out because of differing opinions.”

 

“Hoo,” smiling at Thirio, Amare gave him a once over, “ not a bad answer. I’ll agree for now, but know that if I’m dissatisfied with your leadership, I’ll take things into my own hands.”

 

“You bit…”

 

Thirio covered Vasilias before more words could leave his mouth, “I’m fine with that but, you’ll have to ensure to follow my orders absolutely until such a point. Do we have a deal?”

 

“Deal”

 

They both broke into a smile before the group of four descended into talks of the allocation of resources, plans of action, and the people and races they had to look out for the most.

 

“We’ll meet here again in three days when the realm is supposed to open, prepare all you’ll need in this time. Let’s go Vasilias.”

 

Without another glance at the two remaining people, both boys left and went on their way.

 

___

 

“So what do you think of him, quite interesting isn’t he, though it quite a shock for him to reach that stage so quickly.”

 

“He is, sadly he has such a shameless asshole for a friend, I’ll see how he performs once we enter that realm, with such a special phenomenon happening all the people in the know will be out for blood.”

 

“Isn’t that how it is within this vast world, to rise means that others have to fall. Let’s leave now and make what few preparations we have.”

 

“Your right, oh my sister should be on this planet if the news from the elder is correct.”

 

“Is it too late to back out and leave now?”

 

Amare watched Rian frown with a smirk plastered on her face, “ is the big bad wolf Rian scared,” she teased.

 

“Yes, terrified to be exact.”

 

Sighing at the bland but truthful response, Amare exited the room with slumped shoulders, ‘how does sis get him to break that cold persona of his.’

 

___

 

Packed streets filled every city across planet Agrios, as today individuals from all races stared into the air with burning eyes. Silently they all waited for the changes to happen, for their chance to rise to the top, to gain fame, to gain glory.

 

*Rumble!!!*

 

The planet shook, the sky trembled, the clouds surged, like a tide, energy poured from the ground into the air forming a ball of energy that got smaller the more energy that poured into it.

 

*Crack, Boom*

 

With a resounding explosion, everyone had the impression of the sky falling away like broken glass; coming back to their senses a second later to stare at golden gates made of clouds with a multi-colored portal within its center.

 

“It’s open, lets get everyone together and go.”

 

“It’s finally time for us to rise above, now’s our chance.”

 

Conversation and excitement exploded as people rushed towards the steps of cloud that led to the door in a mad dash.

 

____

 

“So it’s started.”

 

“Yes general, people are now madly rushing to the step in excitement to be the first to enter.”

 

“Bunch of fool, take note of the students that hang back and give them a little more protection.”

 

“Yes, general.”

 

“Now, let’s see what you guys in hiding do, hopefully, you won’t disappoint me.”

 

____

 

A group of four sat quietly within an inn, watching as the hordes of people rushed towards to steps madly.

 

“Aren’t we going to rush forward too?”

 

“Please don’t belittle either of our intelligence, Mrs. Amare. We aren’t rushing forward because I’d rather not be fodder for the people that will follow after us.”

 

Taking a glance at quite a few locations, Amare smirked, “you noticed them as well.”

 

“It’s not that I noticed them; it’s pretty simple if you think about it, even beasts will find ways to protect themselves when they evolve, so why wouldn’t the planet. If you follow this line of thought, the dangers that will follow becomes pretty evident.”

 

Listening to Thirio explain a hint of respect that shone in Amare’s eyes, ‘he’s quite analytical.’

 

The group then descended into silence as they watched the thinning mob before them, committing all the other groups that hung back along with them to memory.

 

Why couldn’t a few of these strong ones hanging back be hod-blooded and rush forward, Vadne, can’t you incite their greed or something.”

 

Even if I could, why would I make this easier for you. Watch your back, these guys aren’t the real threat.”

 

I know.”

 

Cutting the link with Vadne, Thirio continued his silent observation. Time moved swiftly and the streets were now empty save for groups of people that hung back.

 

“It’s time for us to move out now, I’d rather not have any of these guys on our trail.”

 

Agreeing with his opinion the other three rose from their seats, leaving the inn and heading to the steps. Joining the hands they took their first step together.

 

___

 

“Young Master the realm has been open for seven hours now, should we enter it now.”

 

His eyes gazing at the desert through the window the young, three rings appeared in his hands. “ these rings were given to me by my master before I left, they’ll hide our appearance and aura.”

 

Passing two of the rings to the men in the room, the young man rose from his seat and headed towards the door, “ let’s go start the party of carnage gentlemen.”

0