Ch 73. An Easy Quest
46 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Time passed, and we got quite acquainted with Demon Lord’s castle, the place we were living in during those days.

At some point, we started getting some training lessons, going from techniquest to push our special abilities even further, or simple stuff such as combat and strategy. There's no mistake saying that the place was indeed starting to feel like a home, even I was starting to grow attached to the castle and the daily routine we were having, far from war, famine, pestilence and death.

However, this World could be really cruel with Demons, and sadly, we were so young and unprepared for that kind of pain. No, that's wrong, we once were prepared, but once we got acquainted with pace, we simply forgot how cruel the World could be.

It all started one faithful day during our dinning time. Anastasia stood up from the table, raised her glass and gave us some short and meaningful words.

“I want to… No, I'm going to be the next Great Demon Lord. Of course, I’ll need your help to achieve that. All of you have grown stronger during the days we have spent together, and since you’ll be living with me, if I got a higher status, that’ll mean that your lives would be even better, right? Hahaha~!”

Loud cheers filled the room as a devil smirk was drawn on Anastasia’s face, she had won. I let out a long frustrated sigh, but at the same time, there was a part of me that's fine with this result. In the end, if everyone is safe, who cares who is over them all?

It was decided that a group was going out and gathering information from the capital of this country. It is going to be an easy task, after all, the quest is just to gather some information, but just in case, the ones going were just a few. The strongest Demons, and the ones who were closer to me.

The ones going were Phlum, Kaashi, Fluph, Afallen, Nero and of course, myself. Even if it was a small group, each one of us specialized in different kinds of magic and abilities, making our group perfect for the task. But, at the same time, since we were the strongest, it somehow felt as if we were going to war or something.

Our departure time was set for the first hour in the morning, so with nothing more to add, we finished our dinner and went to bed. Even saying that, we had a dinner more energetic than usual, full of talk, joy and jokes. After all, everyone was hyped with our first quest living under the Demon Lord’s roof.

“Guys, it’s just a simple task, we'll be back after one day or two, so you should behave, alright?”

“Alright!”

“You seem really fine with this, don't you Beatrice?”

“You did a great job brainwashing them, but, honestly, as long as everyone is safe, I don't mind staying with you.”

“Does that mean that I finally earned your trust? Hahaha~”

I would be really disrespectful saying that I still don't trust her, even after all the time we have been living in her castle, so it took me a moment to come up with a decent answer to that tricky question.

“Maybe. You know? When we all have that dinner to congratulate you for finally turning into a Great Demon Lord, that's when you’ll earn my trust.”

“Those are really harsh words, you know? Hahaha!”

“Yes, they are. Whakakaka~!.”

With that brief exchange of words, Afallen surrounded us with a white light accompanied by white angelic feathers. The light formed something like an orb that isolated us from the outside world. Not much longer after that, we were teleported to our destination.

It took longer than that time we used that weird portal to travel to the Forgotten Library. However, teleport magic is really tricky and uses a lot of mana, even more if we are traveling to a place we have never been before, so Afallen’s magic is really out of the league. I really want to see her grow, she has a lot of potential.

“So this is the place we’ll be infiltrating…”

“It's covered in stones and concrete! There's almost no trees inside!”

“There's a wide variety of emotions filling the air. It seems that there's some kind of festival coming soon.”

“The wind feels a little bit dry, maybe because of the lack of trees?”

“Whoaaa! There's so many people over there that I can't count them, even with my great eyesight!”

“Alright, stop talking and start walking. Are you alright Afallen? Do you need to rest?”

It wouldn’t be a surprise if she needed to rest after casting such a spell, but being here in the open is quite risky, so we should at least try to hurry and hide ourselves in the mass of people that’s walking around the city.

“I-I’m alright! However, I don't think I could manage another of those spells soon, so let's stay safe.”

“You don't need to care about that, Anastasia said that even if this is the capital, most of the Heroes are out doing some quests. Besides, I'm here with you all! Whakaka~!”

The city that we were heading to had a magnificent aura, just the one that you might be expecting from a place that had withstanded the attacks of Demons and Beast during hundreds of years. It was a place no other Demons dared to approach, much less to go inside.

But being the first to do something that everyone is so scared to try, is how Demons and Humans grow, or that’s what I thought.

Leaving our worries behind, we started our way to the capital.

1