Ch 78. Angel Wings
45 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Go and get those Demons!”

“Yes sir!”

A deep gritty voice  shoute and the voices of everyone blocking the alleys answered.

The noise of the tinkling steel and the rushing footsteps were getting closer at an insane speed, and before we could end understanding the situation, we were totally surrounded by the holy soldiers and adventurers.

“B-Be careful! Nero, take them out!”

“Y-Yes!”

Magic spells and arrows started raining over us. Luckly, Nero managed to take out our weapons from his shadow so we managed to block most of the incoming attacks.

However, there was no time to breathe, because just after that, we were trying to avoid the swords' thrusts and slashes that were trying to pierce into our bodies.

It's been almost half an hour since that moment. However, we are currently in a pinch, because it doesn't look like this battle is going to end anytime soon.

Right now, there are bleeding soldiers, broken weapons, armor pieces and even some mana traces scattered all around the place. However our enemies are still pushing us with the same strength they had from the start, and unluckily, our bodies and minds are growing tired with every second that passes.

“Damn! There's no end to this s-...!”

“Watch out!”

I pushed Nero while he was talking and he fell to the ground. It was something that I needed to do, because while he was distracted complaining, an Adventurer wielding a shining spear as red as blood was about to pierce him with an insane power and speed.

It seems that now that we are already tired, they are starting to pull out the strong weapons in order to finish us off.

“Afallen, can’t you do something about this?! We need to escape from here, now!”

“I-I know, I know! I just need a little more time to gather all the mana that I need for the spell!”

“Alright! Phlum, Nero, keep on fighting those annoying soldiers. Fluph, watch out for anyone who might be targeting Afallen. Kaashi, support everyone with your spells!”

“Tsh, okay.”

“I’m going to enjoy this!”

“I’ll take care of those sneaky casters!”

“I-I’ll do my b-best!”

However, in the kind of situation we are in now, getting just a few seconds starts to seem like something really hard.

Phlum’s wings had several arrows pierced on them and there are swords slashes and magic burns spread out all around her body. Nero and Kaashi are so tired that they can cast just a few more spells before passing out. Finally, the one in charge of covering our backs, Fluph, is so tired that she is missing most of her shoots. She is not failing by a big margin, in most of the cases, but in this kind of situation, a missed shoot is just as useless as shooting nothing at all.

 

“Afallen, just say the word!”

“I-Im ready! Everyone, come here!”

We all ran to where Afallen was, as she started casting her spell.

White angelic wings grew from her back and surrounded us. Her wings were so big, that when we were totally surrounded, there was no light entering the ball of feathers we had just turned into.

However, before she had accomplished something like that, I saw multiple spearmans running towards us.

I heard multiple silent noises, similar to the ones you could hear when you punch your pillow or maybe to the ones that can be heard when you tear some paper under your bed sheets.

A mysterious and warm liquid started dripping over my shoulders but we couldn't hear not a single sound, not from inside, and nor from outside our fortress.

Suddenly, we heard the sound of plates beegin broken and screams. Before we could start to guess what had just happened, the wings surrounding us fell to the dining table where we were standing.

That's when we could understand what just happened, because we saw a scene that we all hoped that we could forget one day, but we never could.

Before us, was Afallen, her wings and body were pierced by multiple red speards and she was bleeding rivers over the table. On our shoulders, her wings and her body were covered in her blood. But most importantly, she isn't moving anymore.

“A-Anastasia, do something about this!”

“There's nothing I can do. You fool.”

I felt like throwing up, because I knew that Afallen was still alive, she had just passed out due to the insane amount of mana she had used to protect us and bring us here to the castle, but we could still save her.

I felt like throwing up, because, obviously, I wasn't the only one here that knew about those facts.

I felt like throwing up, because I remembered the promise I had made her just a few hours ago.

I felt like throwing up, because everyone else here had already given up on saving her. They were all crying, but nothing more than that.

I felt like throwing up, because of the smile Anastasia had on her face while looking at me.

1