Chapter 103: Lebef
318 2 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Bertold knew it was the best if Horác accepted Gregori, but he wasn’t immune to his aura. It would only cause problems to him. He couldn’t come up with any better idea. He chose to speak with Belinda and let her promise she wouldn’t say anything unnecessary.

They trained until dinner time. Gregori was unwilling to stop, but he knew he couldn’t be too greedy. He already learned a lot and until next week he could practice.

They left the training field and went to the cafeteria. Belinda had enough fruits, so she said goodbye to Gregori and went back to her room. Bertold reminded her, he would come to her after some days and took her out to do the special training. Belinda was sure it wouldn’t be anything good, but she couldn’t say no. She nodded and accepted her fate.

Some days later, Belinda woke up and felt her left eye jumps. She massaged it and didn’t want to leave her room. Today she didn’t have any classes, but she wanted to go and try to create a new spell.

After she washed her face and changed clothes, her eye finally stopped jumping. She cheered herself up and left her room, but ran into Bertold in front of her dormitory’s entrance.

Bertold nodded when he saw her then walked away.

Belinda sighed and followed him.

They left the academy and went deep into the forest. After a long walk, Bertold looked around and nodded.

„This place is good.” he pulled out something from his space bag and gave it to Belinda.

It was a belt and 10 little fruits were tied on it. „What is this?” Belinda pointed at one of the fruits.

„This is a fruit called Lebef. For humans, it doesn’t have any scent, and it taste, a little sour. It isn’t that bad, but not really liked. But for beasts, it has a sweet smell and they say it tastes like honey.”

Belinda smelled it and nodded. It was weak but she could feel the sweet smell.

„Its smell really strong, so the beasts around us can already feel it. You need to protect the fruits, while you fight with me.”

Belinda put on the belt, then noticed some 1st level beasts hiding in the bushes close to her and she was confused. „Don’t tell me, these beasts love it so much, they don’t even care about my level is higher than theirs...”

„You have good perceptibility.” Bertold smiled.

Belinda’s face darkened. This way there would be too many beasts around her, but it was Bertold’s intend. This way she is forced to pay attention to her surroundings and never let her vigilance weakened.

In the beginning, Belinda was afraid those beasts would bite or scratch her, but they weren’t stupid. They knew their levels were lower and she wasn’t their opponent. They just hid and tried their best to steal.

Some little thieves were too fast and Belinda didn’t notice them in time. To protect the fruits she ended up hitting them. It angered them and attacked her. Gladly her clothes’ protection was strong and they couldn’t cause any wounds, but sometimes she still felt a little pain. It annoyed her, but she didn’t dare to hit them again. Because of this, she ended up losing one fruit after another.

Bertold gave her a 10 minutes break during lunchtime, but the beasts didn’t care about it and continued their sneak attacks. Belinda felt a headache because the fruits she took out to eat as her lunch made those little thieves more interested than the ones on her belt...

After the break, they continued until late afternoon. Bertold used some energy waves and scared away those beasts.

Belinda sat on the ground and sighed. She was tired. She ate a fruit to make up for some of her energy.

Bertold watched her and fell deep into his thought. After some minutes he turned away. „Let’s go.”

Belinda stood up and followed him. When she saw the academy’s gate, she was happy. But her happiness didn’t last long.

Bertold stopped in front of the gate and turned back. „You lost 6 fruits. Your punishment is to run 6 rounds around the wall. If you lost any fruit during this time then you need to add 2 more rounds after each one.”

Belinda’s chin fell. She couldn’t believe there was still punishment after that tiring training.

Bertold looked at the sun. „Hurry! Once the sun sets there will be more beasts!”

Belinda bit her teeth and ran. After 3 rounds it was completely dark. She didn’t have problem seeing her surrounding, but there were too many rocks and bushes. The little beasts hid too well. During the 4th and 5th rounds she was able to save the fruits, but not in the last one. There were too many thieves staring at her and she lost 2 fruits.

„4 more rounds.” Bertold said mercilessly.

Belinda nodded and ran. She hoped, even if the last 2 fruits were lost, there wouldn’t be more punishment. She lost them in the 1st round and the beasts lost interest in her. She was glad. At least she could run without problems.

She finished her rounds and stood in front of Bertold. She was too tired even to lift her hands.

Bertold didn’t say anything, just take away the belt and played with it.

Belinda was afraid he would take out more fruits and let her run more rounds, but he put it away.

„Let’s go back.” he turned away.

Belinda felt the stone fell off from her heart and she happily followed him. They went back to the dormitory and parted away.

Belinda went back into her room and took a bath. She enjoyed lying in the cold water. It made her sore muscle feel better. Even after training and cultivating for 2 years, she could still have muscle strains. In the beginning, she used medicine, but later, she noticed the cold water had a better effect on her body. It gave her the feeling as if someone massaged her.

She closed her eyes and fell asleep.

14