Chapter 105: Notebook
261 0 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

„No. I want to buy a notebook.” Bertold answered blankly.

„Notebook?” Belinda touched her ring. „Some days before, I saw a booth that sells some for half a price and bought them. If you okay with it, I gave you one.”

Even if this world had the knowledge of how to make pens, books, and other things, they weren’t cheap. They cost hundreds of points. From a young age, Belinda became used to write notes. Her memory was better now, but she couldn’t give up this habit.

She didn’t realize Bertold and Gregori froze for a second when they saw the notebook.

„Thank you!” Bertold put it away after his surprise.

Gregori furrowed his brows but didn’t say anything.

When they reached the cafeteria, Bertold left to take care of something.

Even if it cost a lot, Belinda still chose to eat a dish with meat. She wanted to have enough energy for tomorrow’s exam.

After they sat down, Gregori wasn’t able to hold back anymore. „I didn’t think you believed in that legend.”

„What legend?!” Belinda was confused. They didn’t speak about anything special on the way.

„Then why did you buy that notebook?”

„... As I told, it was sold for half a price. The seller told that he had an accident some days before and some of his goods were damaged. I just casually bought 5 of them.”

Gregori was surprised. „You didn’t know?!”

„What?”

„... Let’s eat, then I show you something.”

Belinda nodded and didn’t care about it. Legends and other things had nothing to do with her...

Gregori ate fast and watched Belinda with shining eyes. He was eager to go and show off with his knowledge. During this month, he realized how little his knowledge was about combat skills. Now he deeply regretted that he didn’t have a better mentor. He really hated the fact that his awakened memories were so incomplete! He could remember he was a qualified assassin, but why he couldn’t remember about his training?! Why was fate so mean with him?!

Belinda saw that Gregori’s state wasn’t good. It wasn’t the first time his breath became darker. She didn’t want to see this, so she ate faster. After some seconds, she put down her plate. „I’m done. We can go!”

„Okay!” Gregori happily jumped up.

They didn’t go far, just to the teacher’s dormitory. Seeing the familiar building, Belinda remembered about the little garden she visited with Horác.

„It’s in the lobby.” Gregori opened the door and went in.

Belinda only came here once, but that time she didn’t pay attention to the surrounding.

Gregori went to one of the corners and stood in front of a table. On the table, there was an old, damaged notebook. It was surrounded with protection’s arrays.

Belinda was surprised. „It has the same appearance as the one I gave to Bertold!... Just damaged.”

Gregori laughed. „There are thousands of notebooks with the same appearance! This one was left behind by the last God. Some people thought that if they use the same notebook and follow its owner’s footsteps, they could become Gods too.”

Belinda was speechless. Some people had big power of conception. She shook her head and read the notes on the wall instead of asking.

The notebook was found thousands of years before, but it was impossible to say how old it was. Its owner didn’t write any date. It started with the ’1st year of my journal’ paragraph and ended after 20 years. Sometimes there were daily notes, sometimes there wasn’t any information about what he did in 1-2 years. It mentioned places he visited, foods he ate, and demonic beasts he killed. Sorrowfully, the owner loved to use nicknames and made it impossible to find out almost anything.

Every student had the right to read the notebook and try their luck. Even a club was formed and it collected ideas and notes. But until now no one found out the secret of the notebook and became God.

Belinda read it and sighed. She could understand it was the only hope of the immortals, but if it was really that messy, then it was better if it didn’t exist.

She looked at the table and noticed, there was a shelf under it with the same notebook. „What’s this?”

„That’s the copy of the original notebook. The principal was afraid it’ll be stolen or destroyed.” Gregori stepped aside. „You can read it if you want.”

Belinda bent down and opened it. Once she saw the first page, her body stiffened and she closed it in the next second. „I’m not interested.”

Gregori shrugged his shoulder. „Then let’s go.”

Belinda nodded and they went back to rest. It was already late at night and they needed to be in good condition for tomorrow’s exam.

She took a bath, then lazily walked to the window.

„Bufy! Where did you go?” she was surprised. Almost half a year passed since she last saw the butterfly. It flew on her finger and of course, didn’t answer.

Belinda didn’t care about it. She noticed some time before, it was the same as those pixies. It could go anywhere and do anything. No one could stop it.

She looked out of the window. Ever since she could remember, she had the habit to draw a cat in the corner of her books’, notebooks’ first page. It was more like a doodling than a drawing, but it was easy to see it was a cat. She used it as a monogram. But today she realized, others had this habit too. At least in the corner of that legendary notebook, there was a drawing.

She was confused. They said that the owner was a man, and she couldn’t imagine he would draw little animals.

Belinda remembered about the notebook she gave to Bertold. She drew a cat in that too.

She frowned and looked at the teacher’s dormitory direction.

  Why? Even if the page was damaged and it was almost impossible to recognize, but the position and the shape of that drawing were the same as the one I drew in Bertold’s notebook...

14